Quantcast

Gunmen kill seven in Israel raid

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7282269.stm
At least seven people have been killed by gunmen who are reported to have infiltrated and attacked a Jewish seminary in West Jerusalem.
Israeli emergency services say at least six people were injured in the attack at the Mercaz Harav seminary in the Kiryat Moshe quarter of Jerusalem.

Reports said one attacker was killed and police were hunting another.

It is the worst attack of its kind for a number of years. There were no attacks within Jerusalem during 2007.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
The killing won't stop until Palestinian mothers love their kids more than hate Israel.
Since I assume you don't believe that this is an inherent genetic trait of Arab women, what kind of live story creates a situation where the above statement is a possibility?

You can't possibly believe that Israel is blameless or acting exactly as they should to solve the problem.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I was referring to killing them. How many Palestinian kids has Jordan killed this year?
Well, I wouldn't point primarily at Jordan, but it's other Arabs and Arab states who are exploiting the Palestineans...and giving them the explosives to strap on their bodies and the encouragement to do it.

So yeah, there are a lot of other Arabs complicit in killing Palestineans and prolonging the conflict to further their own ends.

I'm not absolving Israel of any guilt...I've used the term "grotesque homeostasis" more than once to describe the obscene web of relationships in the conflict...but the Palestineans are everybody's pawn, and are unable to negotiate on any real terms of their own towards an achievable peace, primarily because the other Arab states don't want it.

Israel might not like the Palestineans, but both sides will commit to a two-state solution free of the other regional influences. Unfortunately, present conditions don't permit that, and I don't have a good solution myself.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
To Silver and Ohio... see MikeD's post.

The Arab world uses the Palestinian's a pawns. How is that not more offensive than what Israel does?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Nice work guys. You just goaded Israel into killing a couple of hundred kids from Gaza and the West Bank...
back to this quote.
while true, i wonder why this story isn't widely reported as "8 kids killed in seminary". one of the quotes in various stories consistently reads
"When we got in... we saw young, 15-, 16-year-old guys lying on the floor with their Bibles in their hands - all dead..."
is this due to the coming-of-age being 12, when they're bar- & batmiztvah'd, and therefore these were men/women (i assume it's co-ed)?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA

The Arab world uses the Palestinian's a pawns. How is that not more offensive than what Israel does?
Because they aren't actively occupying their land, pushing religious "settlers" onto it, and building walls all over the place so that commerce is impossible, even when you give them power for a few hours a day?

But, I'll grant your point. The Israelis are only as odious as the Arab world.

Congratulations, you both lose.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA

MikeD's post makes a lot more sense than yours and doesn't try to pin the blame on Palestinian mothers.

The question of more or less offensive is moot, and encourages the guilty to think they're innocent by virtue of less guilt. Everyone is behaving appallingly and the fact that the Arab states are helping to maintain this doesn't absolve Israel (as MikeD pointed out) nor does it shift the blame solely to Palestinians as you seem wont to do.

If we're not willing to give everyone involved a slap in the face, we'll get nowhere.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
MikeD's post makes a lot more sense than yours and doesn't try to pin the blame on Palestinian mothers.

The question of more or less offensive is moot, and encourages the guilty to think they're innocent by virtue of less guilt. Everyone is behaving appallingly and the fact that the Arab states are helping to maintain this doesn't absolve Israel (as MikeD pointed out) nor does it shift the blame solely to Palestinians as you seem wont to do.

If we're not willing to give everyone involved a slap in the face, we'll get nowhere.
Whatever!

Is Israel wrong, sure, but NO ONE EVER talks about the Arab World's responsibility in this mess. No one ever talks about them coming up with a solution. There was never a Palesitine, the territory was split into Israel and Jordan... fighters, go to your corners.

Why can't Jordan, et al. be part of the solution?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
There's the famous one of them writing love messages to the Lebanese on bombs. That was cute. (Because it was little white girls doing it...and not little brown savages.)

Honestly though, the Israelis kill so many more than than the Palestinians do that it would be a little like Lebron James opening a bottle of champagne every time he puts up 2 points...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
There's the famous one of them writing love messages to the Lebanese on bombs. That was cute. (Because it was little white girls doing it...and not little brown savages.)
i'm pretty sure the messages were "aimed" at hizbullah, & not the lebanese people.

SlapheadMofo

Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Westminster MA
Intent has everything to do with it.

Honestly though, the Israelis kill so many more than than the Palestinians do that it would be a little like Lebron James opening a bottle of champagne every time he puts up 2 points...
Well, it sure ain't for lack of trying now is it? I guess if people are giving pity points for sucking ridiculously at your endeavors, the Palestinians qualify for the Cool Hand Luke bonus package.

As a great man once said:
"Stay down. You're beat"

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Yeah, that's not quite the way it worked out though, did it?
actually, it was quite effective in killing the terrorists, who knowingly holed up amongst civilians. have you noticed nasrallah has yet to make a public appearance?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
dailymail

A family photo of Alaa Hisham Abu Dheim, a driver for the school, who police identified as the gunman

and this? this is madness:
Gordon Brown said:
"The way to answer those people of violence is to move forward the peace process as quickly as possible."
it ain't ****in sparta

and just how does gordy envision this plan? issue arrest warrants while simultaneously begging hamas for peace in our time?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
actually, it was quite effective in killing the terrorists, who knowingly holed up amongst civilians. have you noticed nasrallah has yet to make a public appearance?
By that logic someone from Vietnam or Chile is totally justified in bombing an event where Henry Kissinger is giving a speech...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
By that logic someone from Vietnam or Chile is totally justified in bombing an event where Henry Kissinger is giving a speech...
excepting for the fact that kissinger is - nor was - the head of a religious fundamentalist paramilitary organization that targeted civilians in guerrilla ops & then melded back into american society, where his organization was actively trying to take over the host gov't.

except for those few things, yes, it's exactly the same.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Ever picked up Hitchens' "The Trial of Henry Kissinger?"

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
excepting for the fact that kissinger is - nor was - the head of a religious fundamentalist paramilitary organization that targeted civilians in guerrilla ops & then melded back into american society, where his organization was actively trying to take over the host gov't.

except for those few things, yes, it's exactly the same.
Well, and Kissinger, unlike Nasrallah, was responsible for many many more deaths, of course.

Because we all know that the US never targeted civilians, ever, in any war that Kissinger did some advisory work on...