Quantcast

Gunner's Palace:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
This doesnt have to go to PAWN, I hope.

Anyway, if you're interested in documentaries, there is one called Gunners Palace that gives a pretty non-biased look at the war in iraq and a look at how soldiers deal with the locals, IED's, music they make, all kinds of wierd stuff. Some of it really moving.

I've been catching bits and pieces of it on "The Military Channel" so if you have it, you know, look out for it, because its worth watching for sure.

http://www.gunnerpalace.com/

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
We rented that movie thinking it was something different, boy were we wrong. My dad thought it was some sorta Iraq war movie (like the FX series Over There) but it was more showing what it was like to invade a big ass palace and have pool parties and such (and some gunfights too!). I think when it came out at the time it showed a good view of how atleast one unit was going about their bussiness.

Most any Iraq or war documentry like this is moving to some point. Everytime I see something about soliders it makes you realize how they are all human and they are just doing what they are told. I'm sure no solider would pick Iraq of all places to get stationed but when you sign up to the Military you basicly waive your freedom of rights away.

I also like the one's when music people or movie stars go visit and meet/greet with them. It's funny because without the guys in service where would we really be?