Quantcast

Guns and Snoozes

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Axl is so dumb, he . . . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a357034/guns-n-roses-original-lineup-may-reform-says-axl-rose.html
The singer explained that he has preferred not to reunite with his original bandmates in the past because of other people making money out of it.

"I've got mixed emotions about what the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame actually really is, but at the same time, there's a lot of people - the fans - that it just means something to them, and they're happy. So I don't want to take that away from them," he told the Los Angeles Times.

He added: "All these managers, they all believe in one thing - sell a reunion tour and get their commission. It's just a phone call. It's a half a day's work, or however long they want to keep the bidding war going. They get their commission and they don't care if it falls on its face."

Rose said that if they are to reform, he'd rather not have drummer Steven Adler or guitarist Izzy Stradlin, but would have Slash and bassist Duff McKagan on board.

"The only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really. It's nothing against Izzy and it's nothing against Steven, or anything like that," he said.

"Steven may want it, but these guys I'm working with right now, they work really hard and it's hard work. I've toured with the other guys and I've also seen what they've done since, and I just know the difficulties. So it's not really even a full reunion."

Axl Rose added that he and guitarist Slash have never been friends since the band was formed.

"It was really a fight with me and Slash. Izzy was doing the same thing, but the fight with me and Slash started the day I met him," Rose explained.

"He came in, popped my tape out and put his in and wanted me in his band. And I didn't want to join his band. We've had that war since day one."

Duff McKagan recently suggested that the original Guns N' Roses may reform in the near future.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I saw them last weekend. Axl, Duff and a bunch of session guys. They killed it. Not the same guns, no personality, but the music was possibly even better. Although, it takes 3 guys to do what Slash could do.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I saw them last weekend. Axl, Duff and a bunch of session guys. They killed it. Not the same guns, no personality, but the music was possibly even better. Although, it takes 3 guys to do what Slash could do.
Wiki is out of date with their info. They list another dude as the present bassist.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
they are among the most overrated bands ever. if they never recorded anything except from the start of "Welcome To The Jungle" up to the point where Axl starts singing, the world would have been better off for it.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
they are among the most overrated bands ever. if they never recorded anything except from the start of "Welcome To The Jungle" up to the point where Axl starts singing, the world would have been better off for it.
Like I said... you have to consider what the rock genre was in that small retarded pocket of time. In a giant bucket of turds they were the shiniest.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Tommy Stinson from the Replacements is now on bass in GnR....times are strange...even stranger is that this dude now lives 20 minutes south of me in Hudson, NY.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Kajagoogoo's glorious reign unfortunately ended in '84
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Kajagoogoo
I don't know... I arrived in Boston 1983, I worked at Metro from the spring of 84 to 88 when they closed. Kajagoogoo played the Kiss 108 Holiday Jam with Cyndi Lauper and Morris Day and the Time at Metro in 86. The very next night I worked the New Kids on the Block/New Edition show, I secretly recorded New Kids on the Block for Maurice Star and Terry Lewis. Ricky Bell, Michael Bivins, and Ronnie DeVoe, Bell Biv Devoe sang offstage while The New Kids Lip Synched onstage. I used the security Camera system to coordinate the Lip Sync. I also recorded Bell Biv Devoe's performance separately. Years later 92 I think, I was sued by Don Cornelius to prevent the release of those tapes that would have solidly proved the New Kids on the Block lypsynched live. Lou Pearlman from Back Street Boys not only bought those tapes, but also paid for my Lawyers and Kept Mark Wahlberg from killing me supposedly. There is a Milli Vanilli connection in there somewhere but I forget where.

Last edited:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
:rofl:

Someone + rep Narlus twice for me! And if you ever run into him, bith slap Xxl Rose for me.

Golgi, it's not our fault that you chose to listen to crap in the 80's.

Last edited: