Quantcast

Guns don't kill people......

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Plan 1) Don't live in a ****ty area (I don't keep a gun under my bed, I don't need too)

Plan 2) I used to shoot a ton of IDPA, so I'm quite comfortable with both my glock and my pops 686
He wasn't talking about where he lived and what he personally wanted to accomplish.

He was pointing out how completely useless you are at making a point.

The more you post, you more it proves his.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
He wasn't talking about where he lived and what he personally wanted to accomplish.

He was pointing out how completely useless you are at making a point.

The more you post, you more it proves his.
He said guns are ONLY meant to kill people, and I showed that it was un-true. Now if you want to ignore the existence of guns like, 99% of .22s, black powder reproductions, over under shotguns among others, then my argument might not be valid.

But untill then, go to your local gun shop that doesn't specialize in black guns and tell me they don't have a rack of .22's and pretty trap guns that aren't meant to kill

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Regardless of their intended, specialized purpose, guns of nearly any sort are damned good at killing stuff.

This is actually an anti-gun control point most of the time, in that they want to show that grandpa's pretty wood .303 hunting rifle is just as capable of killing someone as the evil black gun "sniper rifle" or even that short-barrel AR-15.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Regardless of their intended, specialized purpose, guns of nearly any sort are damned good at killing stuff.

This is actually an anti-gun control point most of the time, in that they want to show that grandpa's pretty wood .303 hunting rifle is just as capable of killing someone as the evil black gun "sniper rifle" or even that short-barrel AR-15.
What's a black gun "sniper rifle"? Black gun usually refers to AR variants. The closest thing to an AR variant I have seen as a sniper rifle is an M14, and from my understanding the military uses a modified Remington 700, which is a hunting rifle.

So you're telling me that smashing through a room with an enfield is going to be just as good as an AR cause it has enough power to kill some one???? No thank you, I'll take a short auto loader that's kind of sort of meant for that instead of a bold gun that was made in the 1890's.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
He said guns are ONLY meant to kill people, and I showed that it was un-true. Now if you want to ignore the existence of guns like, 99% of .22s, black powder reproductions, over under shotguns among others, then my argument might not be valid.

But untill then, go to your local gun shop that doesn't specialize in black guns and tell me they don't have a rack of .22's and pretty trap guns that aren't meant to kill

Yeah dude, everyone knows what .22s are. You're not educating anyone........really.

You still have no idea what's being said to you.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
What's a black gun "sniper rifle"? Black gun usually refers to AR variants. The closest thing to an AR variant I have seen as a sniper rifle is an M14, and from my understanding the military uses a modified Remington 700, which is a hunting rifle.
the SR25 is the sniper rifle version of the AR platform
the m14 is completely different

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Plan 1) Don't live in a ****ty area (I don't keep a gun under my bed, I don't need too)

Plan 2) I used to shoot a ton of IDPA, so I'm quite comfortable with both my glock and my pops 686
All the facepalms in the world aren't enough for me right now. I *actually* facepalmed just now. Not like a virtual one, or in my head, I mean I slapped myself in the forehead and rubbed my temple.

I'll make it very clear for you and I'll use small words:

You cannot both claim that guns are for the purpose of defending yourself from other humans AND at the same time guns are not for the purpose of hurting or killing. That is what is called "a contradiction." You may have heard of them in your college classes.

-----------------

Now, separate issue... .22s

.22s are absolutely for killing. Generally for killing animals, but killing nonetheless. The phrase "one behind the ear" comes from the fact that mafia assassins preferred .22s as a nice quiet method for killing people. When you use them to shoot targets, you're doing what's called "practice." To claim otherwise is like claiming soccer balls are for juggling by yourself not for playing the game of soccer. Competing in marksmanship doesn't change the fact that the tool you're using is designed to punch a hole in something far away, and that something evolved as a representation of a human or animal. There are soccer juggling competitions... does that mean the competitors are no longer using a soccer ball, but a juggling ball?

As soon as guns cease to be capable of killing something, they are called "toy guns" or "replicas" or "markers." The reason it is called a gun is because it is designed to kill and can kill. At minimum small animals. It doesn't matter if you use it to dig post holes, it's purpose is still to kill.

For fukkksakes, one of the first rules of gun ownership is "don't point it at anything you aren't prepared to shoot." Why do you think that is?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Yeah dude, everyone knows what .22s are. You're not educating anyone........really.

You still have no idea what's being said to you.
No **** I'm not educating anyone, I'm stating the obvious to show that fallacy in the argument

All the facepalms in the world aren't enough for me right now. I *actually* facepalmed just now. Not like a virtual one, or in my head, I mean I slapped myself in the forehead and rubbed my temple.

I'll make it very clear for you and I'll use small words:

You cannot both claim that guns are for the purpose of defending yourself from other humans AND at the same time guns are not for the purpose of hurting or killing. That is what is called "a contradiction." You may have heard of them in your college classes.

-----------------

Now, separate issue... .22s

.22s are absolutely for killing. Generally for killing animals, but killing nonetheless. The phrase "one behind the ear" comes from the fact that mafia assassins preferred .22s as a nice quiet method for killing people. When you use them to shoot targets, you're doing what's called "practice." To claim otherwise is like claiming soccer balls are for juggling by yourself not for playing the game of soccer. Competing in marksmanship doesn't change the fact that the tool you're using is designed to punch a hole in something far away, and that something evolved as a representation of a human or animal. There are soccer juggling competitions... does that mean the competitors are no longer using a soccer ball, but a juggling ball?

As soon as guns cease to be capable of killing something, they are called "toy guns" or "replicas" or "markers." The reason it is called a gun is because it is designed to kill and can kill. At minimum small animals. It doesn't matter if you use it to dig post holes, it's purpose is still to kill.

For fukkksakes, one of the first rules of gun ownership is "don't point it at anything you aren't prepared to shoot." Why do you think that is?
Not at all, see there is a distinction, the guns in the safe in the garage are meant for target shooting. How can gun's be meant to protect yourself if you can't get to them???? A gun under the bed would be for protection, no contradiction, different circumstances.

So because target shooting evolved from animal representation it means that still holds true today??? and they are some how because it evolved from something that represents killing it's continued reason for existence is to kill??? Because I'm really not sure this is meant to kill people with

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Guns have one intended purpose.
Really??? I have a few bolt guns that weigh, 10-12 pounds, have iron sights, and are .22s they are meant for targets.
I really hate to clarify TheMooShoo's points, but he was responding to Kidwoo's comment about guns' one intended purpose.

But the reality is while there are black powder weapons, 22 target pistols, and collector items; I am going to say that every owner of these kinds of guns also owns a modern handgun firing at least a 38 caliber, hunting rifle, or a defensive shotgun.

I hope one day that guns can be used for sporting purposes only, let's say like crossbows. I could then buy an automatic rifle and go to town against watermelons, broken down cars, target plates, zombies.

That day is so far in the future, I could live to be 200 and not see it.

Last edited:

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
No **** I'm not educating anyone, I'm stating the obvious to show that fallacy in the argument
Christ, kid, do yourself a huge favor and whatever positions you advocate in the future, argue the opposite of them. This entire thread has gone right over your head and you're doing a great job of accidentally arguing for gun control.

Lost cause. You're going to continue basically arguing with yourself loudly in the hopes that attrition leaves you the last idiot yelling.

On an adjacent topic, read and comprehend before you write ( or listen and comprehend before you speak). Eric was making the case for you, to which you responded "NO, NUH-UH UR DUMB" and then when he pointed out that he was making the case for you, you still responded "NO, NUH-UH UR DUMB." Do you have any idea how idiotic that looks to everyone reading this?

Example:
Mooshoo: "My name is TheMontashu"
Eric: "Indeed, I can verify his name is TheMontashu"
Mooshoo: "That's bull****, Eric! I was just looking at my birth certificate and it clearly states 'TheMontashu'"
Eric: "I know, I was just agreeing with you."
Mooshoo: "No, you weren't. I AM THEMONTASHU!"

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I really hate to clarify TheMooShoo's points, but he was responding to Kidwoo's comment about Guns' one intended purpose.

Oh for fvcks sake

I'll spell it out for you too then since you seem to have ohio on ignore or something.

Guns are Made for Shooting shlt. Regardless of how comfy a shoulder stock they have for shooting at paper, they're still the easiest god damn thing on the planet any idiot can get hold of to KILL someone.

Yes you could kill me with a baseball bat. But why bother when there is a much easier alternative?? It SHOULD be hard to kill someone. Somewhere with firearms in abundance of ANY sort......yeah not that hard any more.

Now onto the conversation part.

But the reality is while there are black powder weapons, 22 target pistols, and collector items; I am going to say that every owner of these kinds of guns also owns a modern handgun firing at least a 38 caliber, hunting rifle, or a defensive shotgun.
And (I know you know this) the absolutely moronic stance of the NRA and all the brainwashed zombies they've empowered (hi mooshoo!:brows:) leads to a huge part of the population making the case for the hunting rifles they own, but inadvertently making it WAAAYYY too easy for assholes to get hold of pistols. Because a saturated firearm culture is somehow more american, like you're really going to fight off the government, we get the clusterfvck that this country has become where firearms of all kinds are literally everywhere.

You'd have to literally be as dumb as themontashu to not get that and sit there and say "but derp derp, I dun shot a target once and ain't nobody died, derp derp."

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Oh for fvcks sake

I'll spell it out for you too then since you seem to have ohio on ignore or something.

Guns are Made for Shooting shlt. Regardless of how comfy a shoulder stock they have for shooting at paper, they're still the easiest god damn thing on the planet any idiot can get hold of to KILL someone.

Yes you could kill me with a baseball bat. But why bother when there is a much easier alternative?? It SHOULD be hard to kill someone. Somewhere with firearms in abundance of ANY sort......yeah not that hard any more.

And (I know you know this) the absolutely moronic stance of the NRA and all the brainwashed zombies they've empowered (hi mooshoo!:brows:) leads to a huge part of the population making the case for the hunting rifles they own, but inadvertently making it WAAAYYY too easy for assholes to get hold of pistols. Because a saturated firearm culture is somehow more american, like you're really going to fight off the government, we get the clusterfvck that this country has become where firearms of all kinds are literally everywhere.

You'd have to literally be as dumb as themontashu to not get that and sit there and say "but derp derp, I dun shot a target once and ain't nobody died, derp derp."
The mooshoo family is one reason why I have soften my stance on gun control.

When I visit them, except for a couple of American Riflemen magazines, nothing indicates they are a gun owning family. They don't answer the door holding .44 magnums, they don't lecture me about how I need a gun under my pillow, they don't preach the 2nd Amendment. Actually, we never talk guns unless I initiate the conversation.

So despite their ownership of 22 target rifles and several other firearms, I don't really have a problem with it. Yes, if I went on a meth binge, I would be stealing from their neighbor's house, not theirs. But otherwise, what they do doesn't bother or affect me.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The mooshoo family is one reason why I have soften my stance on gun control.
You've entirely missed the point.

Nobody is saying that one particular family is irresponsible with guns. Nobody is saying that it's not perfectly possible to be a gun owner and a responsible human being.

They are saying, ad nauseam, that a culture where guns are widespread, accessible to everyone and fully accepted as unremarkable makes it easier for the bad people to obtain and use guns for the purposes of killing human beings. That's all.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi

So you're telling me that smashing through a room with an enfield is going to be just as good as an AR cause it has enough power to kill some one???? No thank you, I'll take a short auto loader that's kind of sort of meant for that instead of a bold gun that was made in the 1890's.
You are still doing what we noted before--putting words into others' mouths so you can make your canned Internet argument. If you calm down from thumbing through your "NRA Guide to Online Interaction" you'll notice I never equated the killing ability of various firearms, just mentioned that they were good at killing. I don't carry a 22 LR because it's less effective for my purposes than the ones I do carry. But that 22 LR is still a pretty good way to kill, human or animal, if you have to do it. Note I didn't say to win a two-way gunfight, or achieve fire superiority in an Australian peel, or clear a room...I just said to kill something. Putting a chunk of fast-moving 22 lead into a person has proven itself quite fatal.

And spewing about a term like "black gun?" Seriously? Ok, well, it's been applied to many types of firearm, like pump shotguns, which sported scary-looking black "tactical" (blech) polymer furniture instead of friendly old wood. Like what would separate a "sniper rifle" from a "sporting rifle." (ie, nothing but aesthetics) But call them whatever you want in your gun-magazine fantasy world. I'm not a gun fetishist so I really don't give a ****. They're just one of many tools to me.

firearms are my tool(s) of choice for hunting and self-defense. shooting them is an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon at the trap/skeet range or in competition (IDPA/USPSA).

i'm a law-abiding citizen, with no criminal record or mental defects. i'm willing to submit myself to scrutiny by the ATF and jump thru whatever hoop needed so i can own and buy firearms, provided that hoop is fair, transparent, and timely. i do so because i agree that it should be impossible (at best) to difficult (at worst) for criminals and crazy people to obtain firearms (via a gun store or other legitimate dealer).

but please, don't ban or restrict what firearms i can own/buy.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
But restrictions on other potentially dangerous items/practices like driver/pilot licenses, fireworks, unlicensed medical practices, large rocket motors, explosives, etc is ok. Makes perfect sense since the NRA says so.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
LULZ. Just got off a plane with maintenance issues. Capt. had a pistol and 3 clips under the seat. I am actually fairly ambivalent on the gun control/ownership issue, but I'm pretty sure that if a gun doesn't belong in any one place, that place is inside an airplane.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Christ, kid, do yourself a huge favor and whatever positions you advocate in the future, argue the opposite of them. This entire thread has gone right over your head and you're doing a great job of accidentally arguing for gun control.

Lost cause. You're going to continue basically arguing with yourself loudly in the hopes that attrition leaves you the last idiot yelling.

On an adjacent topic, read and comprehend before you write ( or listen and comprehend before you speak). Eric was making the case for you, to which you responded "NO, NUH-UH UR DUMB" and then when he pointed out that he was making the case for you, you still responded "NO, NUH-UH UR DUMB." Do you have any idea how idiotic that looks to everyone reading this?

Example:
Mooshoo: "My name is TheMontashu"
Eric: "Indeed, I can verify his name is TheMontashu"
Mooshoo: "That's bull****, Eric! I was just looking at my birth certificate and it clearly states 'TheMontashu'"
Eric: "I know, I was just agreeing with you."
Mooshoo: "No, you weren't. I AM THEMONTASHU!"
Jesus christ kid, so because I'm not stuck on some BS talking point I'm argueing against myself??? I like to base my arguments on facts, and just because one of the weakest anti gun arguments ever is a fact doesn't mean I'm arguing with myself

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
You are still doing what we noted before--putting words into others' mouths so you can make your canned Internet argument. If you calm down from thumbing through your "NRA Guide to Online Interaction" you'll notice I never equated the killing ability of various firearms, just mentioned that they were good at killing. I don't carry a 22 LR because it's less effective for my purposes than the ones I do carry. But that 22 LR is still a pretty good way to kill, human or animal, if you have to do it. Note I didn't say to win a two-way gunfight, or achieve fire superiority in an Australian peel, or clear a room...I just said to kill something. Putting a chunk of fast-moving 22 lead into a person has proven itself quite fatal.

And spewing about a term like "black gun?" Seriously? Ok, well, it's been applied to many types of firearm, like pump shotguns, which sported scary-looking black "tactical" (blech) polymer furniture instead of friendly old wood. Like what would separate a "sniper rifle" from a "sporting rifle." (ie, nothing but aesthetics) But call them whatever you want in your gun-magazine fantasy world. I'm not a gun fetishist so I really don't give a ****. They're just one of many tools to me.
So now you're getting butthurt that I'm bringing up semantics??? That has been every argument on this thread, if we are going to play those games, doctors are actually far better at killing than guns in America, they kill more people let's ban them. Just because a .22 is pretty good at killing people doesn't mean it's intended to kill some one with. More semantics yay!!!!! So there is this guy Ted Kennedy, and his car has killed over 100 times as many people as all of my guns combined

Yes, black gun is a generic term, but you know the intent. I'm not a gun fetishist either, 95% of my range time is with my old marlin 2000L target rifle, and the closest thing I have to an AR is my M1 garand.

Last edited:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless

Funny, you relate my argument to people talking about defending their hunting rifles, but in my case it's entirely irrelevant. I'm a vegetarian.

And it's derp derp, I've put over a million rounds down range and never killed or harmed a thing.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
firearms are my tool(s) of choice for hunting and self-defense. shooting them is an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon at the trap/skeet range or in competition (IDPA/USPSA).

i'm a law-abiding citizen, with no criminal record or mental defects. i'm willing to submit myself to scrutiny by the ATF and jump thru whatever hoop needed so i can own and buy firearms, provided that hoop is fair, transparent, and timely. i do so because i agree that it should be impossible (at best) to difficult (at worst) for criminals and crazy people to obtain firearms (via a gun store or other legitimate dealer).

I grew up shooting rifles (and a few handguns I never should have been allowed to) and no, didn't accidentally kill anyone either. But for every family like yours, mine, and even mooshoo's that supports the NRA and their ilk, the more difficult it gets for you. What responsible gun owners SHOULD be doing way more of is instead of using this goofy 'get the government out of my freedomz' approach, is being a part of getting the garbage off the streets and coming down hard on movies, television and video games that make firearms just as common and acceptable as corn flakes. Because then they get treated as responsibly as corn flakes and when something like columbine happens the responsible peeps get swept up in the same backlash. If they were working hard to control things a little better, people would stay of their backs.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Funny, you relate my argument to people talking about defending their hunting rifles, but in my case it's entirely irrelevant. I'm a vegetarian.

You are seriously fvcking retarded.

I mean you're the type of retard that all the kids in the special olympics point at when you walk buy and say "whoa, check out that retard!"

Maybe that's the wrong approach.

Sometimes I ride my mountain bike on asphalt.

That makes it

1) A road bike
2) Still a mountain bike
3) A moose
4) Mooshoo is a fvcking retard.

VTApe

Monkey
Feb 5, 2005
Vermont
I grew up shooting rifles (and a few handguns I never should have been allowed to) and no, didn't accidentally kill anyone either. But for every family like yours, mine, and even mooshoo's that supports the NRA and their ilk, the more difficult it gets for you. What responsible gun owners SHOULD be doing way more of is instead of using this goofy 'get the government out of my freedomz' approach, is being a part of getting the garbage off the streets and coming down hard on movies, television and video games that make firearms just as common and acceptable as corn flakes. Because then they get treated as responsibly as corn flakes and when something like columbine happens the responsible peeps get swept up in the same backlash. If they were working hard to control things a little better, people would stay of their backs.
I couldn't agree more with this. I've seen more gunfights and blown out brains/blood gore and guts on TV than boobies. I loved toy guns as a kid (like most other boys) but never really understood what they signified or meant until I learned to operate them efficiently at a young age and saw what they could do to bowling pins and trees. I'm all for liberties, ability to defend your family and property (though I believe they warrant two different levels of force), but our country is OBSESSED with blood, violence, guns and gore. It's alarming. Along those lines, I personally feel this whole obsession with Zombie acopolypse **** is a ploy to mask our obsession with the power felt when we know we are able to pwn whoever we wish with some overbuilt, military spec assault armor peircing whatever. Proof of this is these new 'American gun', 'Sons of Guns' esque shows that films American families who revolve around firearms and act tough. that one fatass on American Guns should be 10x more concerned with his failing heart than he is someone entering his home and stealing his Pringles. He'll have a heart attack far before some non-descript 'commie' goobment official will demand he hand over his firearms. He couldn't reach his sidearm if he wanted to.

They sell sillouette*sp targets on Cheaper than dirt that are essentially zombie pizza guys. It's weirdly morbid, for a sport the NRA and other groups touts as family outdoor fun. With a lesser emphasis on violence blood and gore in popular culture, we may very well see a downturn in violent crime in this country. Look at Canada-they own more guns than we do with a fraction of the violent crime.

Last edited:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
You are seriously fvcking retarded.

I mean you're the type of retard that all the kids in the special olympics point at when you walk buy and say "whoa, check out that retard!"

Maybe that's the wrong approach.

Sometimes I ride my mountain bike on asphalt.

That makes it

1) A road bike
2) Still a mountain bike
3) A moose
4) Mooshoo is a fvcking retard.
So my 10/22 with the match trigger, barrel, stock, and target scope.

Meant for
1)killing people
2)killing animals
3)poking holes in paper
4)Mooshoo doesn't own a single hunting rifle
5)Kidwoo needs to get off the talking points

You seriously think after reading what you've read that I'm on the NRA talking points juice???? Joking right??? We are talking about a VERY narrow issue; the reason that fire arms exist. Some one said it's only to kill, and well, it's not true. Say it came from this or evolved from that or can kill people, so can cars, and doctors, but it's still not why the exist. What we are talking about actually has almost nothing to do with anything tangible when it comes to arguing gun issues, it's one of those asinine arguments that get's thrown around all the time in the gun control argument that just really isn't valid. If you really think that the intended reason for a guns existence is the and only gun control argument as you are trying to infer then I would encourage you to broaden your scope of the issue, it's quite complicated in fact.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
You've entirely missed the point.

Nobody is saying that one particular family is irresponsible with guns. Nobody is saying that it's not perfectly possible to be a gun owner and a responsible human being.

They are saying, ad nauseam, that a culture where guns are widespread, accessible to everyone and fully accepted as unremarkable makes it easier for the bad people to obtain and use guns for the purposes of killing human beings. That's all.
You've seem to miss my point. In my city in 2006, a proposition banning all handgun ownership by residents passed, creating that perfect environment you seem to hope for.

This is a proposition that every newspaper and the police union opposed.

After the passage of this proposition, it was immediately suspended and eventually declared unconstitutional, the final result being a $200k payout to the NRA for their court costs.

I agree that guns are too easy to acquire, but how to stop illegal guns is my question, not how to suppress the rights of legal gun owners.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You've seem to miss my point. In my city in 2006, a proposition banning all handgun ownership by residents passed, creating that perfect environment you seem to hope for.

This is a proposition that every newspaper and the police union opposed.

After the passage of this proposition, it was immediately suspended and eventually declared unconstitutional, the final result being a $200k payout to the NRA for their court costs.

I agree that guns are too easy to acquire, but how to stop illegal guns is my question, not how to suppress the rights of legal gun owners.
But this is the connundrum that's certainly getting worse before it's getting better.

Where do you start? The example you state is something I'd call 'a start'. No it doesn't solve our national problems overnight, but shutting it down certainly doesn't either, and continues down the same road we've been on for far too long.

What was SF's gripe specifically? They certainly wouldn't have been the only city with handgun bans.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
But this is the connundrum that's certainly getting worse before it's getting better.

Where do you start? The example you state is something I'd call 'a start'. No it doesn't solve our national problems overnight, but shutting it down certainly doesn't either, and continues down the same road we've been on for far too long.

What was SF's gripe specifically? They certainly wouldn't have been the only city with handgun bans.
Well, you have to understand who came up with the proposition, Chris Daly.

The classic super leftwing ahole (even for San Francisco), after he was lame ducked, he started to openly curse in city meetings.

Really, he is such a hypocrite, he moved his family to Fairfield, a suburb 60 miles away, while still claiming SF residence. While he was able to convince the city attorney it was legal (since Supervisors are required to live in the city), the idea of our most liberal politician of abandoning the city seems to prove that his political convictions do not work.

302 Found
The reason why I mention him is that this ban was poorly conceived, with no knowledge of guns or gun laws. I think a much better solution is offered by the Mayors Against Illegal Guns , who offers smart non-partisan solutions.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Jesus christ kid, so because I'm not stuck on some BS talking point I'm argueing against myself??? I like to base my arguments on facts, and just because one of the weakest anti gun arguments ever is a fact doesn't mean I'm arguing with myself
Let's try this one more time. Reconcile these two arguments:
1) Guns are for defending my family, home and nation
2) Guns are not for killing or harming people

To be clear, I'm pro 2nd amendment. I'm just anti-retard.