Quantcast

Guns.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
ohio said:
Sure a car can become a deadly weapon in the hands of the wrong person, but we tolerate that danger because of the utility of having cars for their intended purpose. That is a very different object than a gun.

I think oddly-shaped rocks are a better example. In the hands of the wrong person they can become deadly weapons and have no real utility to society, but it would take too much effort required to rid the country or world of them. Except it's much easier to kill someone with a gun.

This is not a statement for or against right to bear arms. I just think that your argument sucks.
Not an argument from my side. Truth is truth, a gun cannot kill someone because it is a gun. It can only kill someone if a person makes a conditional decision. Guns cannot get there own ammo, aim themselves and ultimately choose when and what to shoot unless enabled by a person making a choice. This has nothing to do with the right to bear arms, it is about the choices people make and responsibility. Fact is, humans are the weapon because people have the ability to turn things (almost anything) into tools or weapons. How we use these things some times has little to do with why they exist or what they are dasigned for. If not guns to shoot we would still stick into, throw at, beat, punch, kick.......with anything we could get our hands on to inflick pain and damage to others as a means of controle or domination. We are humans, that is what we do, sometimes on large scale. Believe what you want but strip away all the tech, religion, politics.......we are just a buch of animals. Smart ones :think: :think: because we can manipulate things but still..........

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
hmm, we should all ponder the saying....."guns dont kill people, people kill people." it make a lot of sense. Its pretty simple. if we didnt have guns, how would we fight wars? if i recall the only reason we are this great country is because we won a war....

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
BIGHIT756 said:
hmm, we should all ponder the saying....."guns dont kill people, people kill people." it make a lot of sense. Its pretty simple. if we didnt have guns, how would we fight wars? if i recall the only reason we are this great country is because we won a war....
****in' A.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Oooooh...Condi as Aunty Entity, Bush and Cheny as Master Blaster...ooops, if that makes Zarquawi Mel Gibson, I'm out of this metaphor...hell, it'll give Changleen too many oil comments anyhow...forget it.

MD

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
ohio said:
Knives - a tazer and/or mace should work
Rapists - ditto
Spears - can't remember the last time someone was speared, but for the sake of argument, let's say bow and arrow... well, you too can have a bow and arrow, but it won't help you much if someone surprises you with a ready-drawn bow. Come to think of it, neither would a gun in your pocket.
Charging bears - for black bears pepper-spray does it. for brown/grizzlies/kodiaks, you need a big ass gun. A li'l ol' 9mm won't do you any good. Either a full on desert-eagle style hand cannon or a 12-gauge packing slugs is necessary. It's not that hard to make an exception for wilderness workers (guides, rangers, loggers, etc.) in a few select areas (Montana, Alaska) and keep close tabs on those few fire-arms.

Tazer-wielding mexicans - just yell "Look out! Border control!"
None of those items are as effective as a gun. Of course, none is as effective as a nuclear bomb either, but lets use some sense here. I dont want my wife to be trying to tazer a guy with a knife who is robbing our house. Id rather her reach into the nightstand drawer, take out the .38 and debrain the stupid bastard. Yeah, a tazer "should" work, but really dude....
And bow and arrow?

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Zark said:
Having that crazy murder/homicide at the postal center near my house hasn't really changed my opinion about guns. Crazy people shouldn't have them....unless its a squirt gun ;)

I like target shooting, but don't own any guns. Thats mainly because they are really expensive and I'd rather buy more bikes!
or weed:blah:

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
True story.

A friend of mine came up from philly 2 weeks ago, we went out for a few drinks but hes not much of a drinker so he got shanked pretty quick. I look up and see him fallin in the bushes outside the bar so I went to gather him up and started walkin him to my car to get him home. As Im walkin him down the street I hear a gun get cocked and "the money". I turn around to see this crackhead standin there with gun to my head again demandin the money.(my friends so out of it he doesnt even realise whats goin on.) I reached in my pocket grab the first bill i felt a 10 and hand it to him. He looks at and says " the rest of it". at this point im f'n pissed so I start flippin out tryin to cause a scene someone will notice. What does he do. Pistol whips my friend unconcious and says last chance. I proceeded to empty my pockets and he took off into the night. Im not one to regulate peoples rights to bear arms, but I'll tell you what. Once someone has a gun poinnted at your head all the pocketfulls of guns in the world arent gonna save you now. By the time I could have gotten to my gun(if I had one) he would've been halfway down the road, and I couldn t use it. Ny state law say you cant shoot someone in the back even if they did just pull a gun on you and rob you blind. Whats the point.

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
yup, the cops had a stake out on the roofs cause it was happenin repeatedly and they finaly caught him friday with a gun to someone elses head and 20 rocks in his pocket. He'll be in the clink for a long long time

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
The Amish said:
True story.

A friend of mine came up from philly 2 weeks ago, we went out for a few drinks but hes not much of a drinker so he got shanked pretty quick. I look up and see him fallin in the bushes outside the bar so I went to gather him up and started walkin him to my car to get him home. As Im walkin him down the street I hear a gun get cocked and "the money". I turn around to see this crackhead standin there with gun to my head again demandin the money.(my friends so out of it he doesnt even realise whats goin on.) I reached in my pocket grab the first bill i felt a 10 and hand it to him. He looks at and says " the rest of it". at this point im f'n pissed so I start flippin out tryin to cause a scene someone will notice. What does he do. Pistol whips my friend unconcious and says last chance. I proceeded to empty my pockets and he took off into the night. Im not one to regulate peoples rights to bear arms, but I'll tell you what. Once someone has a gun poinnted at your head all the pocketfulls of guns in the world arent gonna save you now. By the time I could have gotten to my gun(if I had one) he would've been halfway down the road, and I couldn t use it. Ny state law say you cant shoot someone in the back even if they did just pull a gun on you and rob you blind. Whats the point.
Next time yell out "You dropped the money". When he turns around shoot him in the balls.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
fluff said:
Next time yell out "You dropped the money". When he turns around shoot him in the balls.
He'd probably be far more likely to shoot himself in the balls getting his gun out.;):p

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
The Amish said:
yup, the cops had a stake out on the roofs cause it was happenin repeatedly and they finaly caught him friday with a gun to someone elses head and 20 rocks in his pocket. He'll be in the clink for a long long time
Part of the root of your vicious racism I'm sure.

You have to let it go man, he was just one guy. People are just people. Other racists have made sure that blacks have a tough time socio-economically in lots of the US, but you holding a grudge too isn't gonna help that.

We're all just trying to get along.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Changleen said:

You have to let it go man, he was just one guy. People are just people. Other racists have made sure that blacks have a tough time socio-economically in lots of the US, but you holding a grudge too isn't gonna help that.

lol....that was sarcastic right?

that poor guy, a victim of his socio-economic standings. we practically gave him his addiction and put the gun in his hands. :rolleyes:

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
Changleen said:

Look I dont hold a grudge because he was black. I hold a grudge because he held a gun to my head and took my money. Bein black had nothin to do with it.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
manimal said:
lol....that was sarcastic right?

that poor guy, a victim of his socio-economic standings. we practically gave him his addiction and put the gun in his hands. :rolleyes:
Fvckin' cops man. Nazis the lot of 'em. :cool: