Quantcast

gusset prison bars

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I don't like the crossbar at all. Check out Atomlab, dude. They've got 3" rise bars that are a lot nicer.
Or order some Nem Pro bars...and never get em! Those look shiitty anyway. Umm...I think NSBikes and a few other low key companies have decent 22.2clamp tall bars.

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
:stupid: Those crossbars are totally overkill. Nempro bars are dope. I might just get the 3" rise ones and drop a couple headset spacers. I have the 2" atomlab GI's now.

SDG

Chimp
May 24, 2007
I agree on the crossbar, but that is a great bar. You can consider to get the Gusset Open prison bars, so without the crossbar. This is the one, a friend of mine rides on the moment. Not to heavy and a very good feel in your hands.

Cheers!

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
:stupid: Those crossbars are totally overkill. Nempro bars are dope. I might just get the 3" rise ones and drop a couple headset spacers. I have the 2" atomlab GI's now.
LOL! Perhaps you should run a quick search on Nem Pro in this forum real quick before you try to buy some. Just for kicks...

:)

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
LOL! Perhaps you should run a quick search on Nem Pro in this forum real quick before you try to buy some. Just for kicks...

:)
I've seen the thread before, and all your ranting in it haha. I would be equally as pissed if I got fvcked over like that, however in this case I would probably order over the phone. I'm prolly not gonna get new bars for a while anyway, way too much other sh1t to pay for.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I didn't get nailed that hard, just over a set of bars, actually. But I was a lucky one! He also sells on Ebay dude...you gotta see his feedback rating! I can say one thing about him...he's a consistent son of a bitch! Equal Opportunity F*cker! Why support something like that??
And I fail to see how ordering over the phone will help...I believe people have even got screwed over in person. There's a LOT of killer products out there, I'd find a better policy behind customer service to support and help grow. But that is just my opinion!

xero

Chimp
Jun 2, 2008
I actually rode a set for about 6 months... super sweet bar, great bend and strong, but a little heavy.
Now I am running the open prison bars..... they are available in both 2 and 3" rise, black or white......

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
dude, the Gusset Prison "R" bars have really no back sweep what so ever. But the "Prison Bars do. I never owned the prison bars but I do own the prison r bars and I personally don't like'um.

Where can you get the open prison bars, Im looking for a new 3" riser?

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
dude, the Gusset Prison "R" bars have really no back sweep what so ever. But the "Prison Bars do. I never owned the prison bars but I do own the prison r bars and I personally don't like'um.

if your local shop orders from the BTI catalog, they can get em:
http://www.bti-usa.com/public/category/HB/HBBR/GU/GU6201?page=1#GU6201

i have some and i like them. i won't say they're my favorite, because i like bars with even more upsweep and backweep, but they're still good.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I'm probably going to be one of the only or atleast one of the few that prefer aluminum bars. It's a day to night difference to me and I just don't feel comfortable on steel bars. I've used the crap out of them, many different brands, but I ALWAYS seem to end up back on a 2" rise aluminum bar with some healthy backsweep and a short, rise stem.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^

The lack of backsweep really bothered me too.

As to the weight it really doesn't matter that much, at least you'll have the confidence of knowing your bars will never break...

mr.c

Chimp
Jul 16, 2008
el doraod hills, ca
i might just stick with my pro tapers for now, but im just freakin that they might snap, i thought the crossbar looked kinda cool, but ya it is overkill, the ns bike bars are pretty clean, thanks guys

mr.c

Chimp
Jul 16, 2008
el doraod hills, ca
i believe it! i know a lot of people run protapers (including me) that have had no problems with them. and they're pretty damn light too. if the rise and sweep suits you, protapers are unquestionable. like thomsons.
well then i guess i dont need new bars... i did not know they were really durable bars... im 6'3 and about 200 so sometimes i just worry too much :bonk:

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
The GI bars I had were 12 degree, 0 upsweep. They had to be rolled forward or they had down sweep. They eventually bent downward.

I don't get why eveyone is so against crossbars. They are stronger and add POM, knowing your sh!t is less likely to bend. The bar only adds a few oz. The crossbar increases stiffness too. I recommend a crossbar if you run rigid. Atomlab has trailkings advertized on their site for 30 bucks. They feel like a 2" rise slam bar.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
.... Atomlab has trailkings advertized on their site for 30 bucks. They feel like a 2" rise slam bar.
would be better if they were 3" or 3.5" (or even 4") with a crossbar. seems like you dont' need a crossbar with 2" rise....

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
i believe it! i know a lot of people run protapers (including me) that have had no problems with them. and they're pretty damn light too. if the rise and sweep suits you, protapers are unquestionable. like thomsons.
I have them on my bike with a rigid. Only like 207g but I dont like them that much as far as the sweep and stuff goes. Their meant for XC and AM.

I might get some deity bars next. Anyone want to buy my protapers PM me.