Quantcast

gustavs on a fox 40??

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
unless magura makes you a mount. then no.. it'd have to be about a 10inch rotor for the regular ones to fit.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
can't you use the 160 mount with the 210 rotor?

It will work, but you might not get to use a dedicated magura rotor. For mine, I am gonna use a Hope one.

Logical thinkin here.

If you are supposed to use a mount for brakes that are 160 calipers, but using a 203 rotor, then it seems to me you have 43mm to play with. So, no magura 210 rotor. But you should be able to use a Hope or Hayes rotor just fine. I've run, and will be running, my Gustav's on a Hope rotor and it works just peachy.

mfzbike

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Precious painville
so your saying, use a magura 160 adatper setup?? since techically saying the fox 40 has a 6'' to 8'' adpter built into the fork...and be able to use magura's 210 rotor??

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
The do not have an adapter yet. Here is an email i rec'd from Magura about a month ago. People have been running Gustavs on 40's but not getting full contact with the rotor.

" They should be available in about 4-5 weeks. Just give us a call in a few
weeks and we should know more.

Paul Hoyt
Magura USA
ph. 618-395-2200 ext. 30
fx. 618-395-4711
Paul@Magurausa.com"

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
mfzbike said:
so your saying, use a magura 160 adatper setup?? since techically saying the fox 40 has a 6'' to 8'' adpter built into the fork...and be able to use magura's 210 rotor??
not exactly sure, but I don't think that Magura makes a 160mm adaptor for the Gustav's. I was running some Louise FRs on the 40 for a bit, was running a 6" adaptor with an 8" hayes rotor. However, not sure if that setup would work with the Gustav's, as they may have a different mounting bracket? :help:

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Thats not true man. Post mount is the non-standard. IS (hence the name, international standard) was supposed to be the standard, but hayes had to be difficult. Now its not so bad, as companies like Avid have proven thier mountain system to be better.

Anyways, i still think that if you bolt the 160 Gustav Caliper (which i have here) to the Fox, and run a 203mm rotor, you should be just fine. I will try it later, if I can be bothered.