Quantcast

Guys and eye liner...

Waal, let's step back to the 1960s, and consider a phenomenon called the Beatles.

Them of us what let our hair grow in an era ruled by the butch haircut, complete with wax to keep the front part vertical, which left a hell of a print on windows if you leaned on them, took an awful lot of **** from peers, truck drivers and others who knowed what looked right.

The boys in the video do look fagacious by today's standards, but they'll work out their own lives in time like we all do; give 'em a break in the meantime.

Old fart who has seen all this before

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
johnbryanpeters said:
Waal, let's step back to the 1960s, and consider a phenomenon called the Beatles.

Them of us what let our hair grow in an era ruled by the butch haircut, complete with wax to keep the front part vertical, which left a hell of a print on windows if you leaned on them, took an awful lot of **** from peers, truck drivers and others who knowed what looked right.

The boys in the video do look fagacious by today's standards, but they'll work out their own lives in time like we all do; give 'em a break in the meantime.

It's what we do....exclude everyone who's different... :rolleyes:

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
Lewis Black once ranted about MTV and music. I guess the same ideas can be applied here.

Music is a wonderful thing. It's a wonderful thing because when it goes into your ears, it can make you feel a certain way and and sometimes can make you see wonderful things (depending on whether or not you've taken a drug). However, despite what you might've learned in geometry class, music goes into the ears - not the eyes. When you put things into you eyes and expect to hear music, all you really deserve to hear is yourself screaming from pain caused by whatever you've put in your eye.

The kids that who have followed trends like this are doing something very wrong. Music definently should not have an image attached it. That's why it's so wonderful. You aren't supposed to take what you listen to, and decide what to wear by the way it sounds. It just doesn't work that way. You could be totally into early seventies punk rock, and still work in a business suit.

Personally, I'm not trying to be hollier than thou. I listen to certain types of music that aren't very popular. Because I'm a lonely ol' fellow, sometimes I find pleasure when someone recognizes that "Adequate Seven", "Young Blood Brass Band" or "Aquabats" T-shirt I wear. It's human nature to follow trends, it's human nature to want to be noticed, and it's also human nature to be afraid of the unknown. I can't relate to these kids, so usually my mind will make me angry when I can't comprehend why they all want to dress the same for individualtiy.

The world is a strange place, sometimes. At least there will always be a music scene where image isn't a very hot topic - where the sound you hear is the heppest part.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
johnbryanpeters said:

:stupid:

Yeah, what he said. ("Fagacious" That's pretty good. I'm gonna use that one)