Quantcast

Gwin bought Windrock

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Must have been an edit or something cos there wasn't any that I heard.

Man, Gwin has grown on me heaps the past few years. Listening to the Downtime podcast with him and he's mega switched o and interesting to listen to. Hopefully he gets more commentary gigs as well - he saved the race commentary for me this year.
Ferr sherr!

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
yes, there is ample lodging in the greater knoxville metro area and a plethora of airbnb/vrbo homes and campgrounds to serve the constant year round orv traffic. The Coal Creek Company (the bikepark is leased, not owned land) maintains enough dwelling units that they could meet the insanely high comped room demands the uci typically imposes onsite. They have been plowing the miner’s houses after they die and building rental cabins with giant gravel parking lots for orv trailers…

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
@jackalope Fort William is a fairly busy decently sized town with plenty accommodation and campsites due the town being at the foot if Ben Nevis. The town is just a couple of hours leasurely drive from Glasgow (2.5 from Edinburgh) and the WC track is a further 10min drive. For the world cup you do need to be quick to book anything decent tho.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I need 2 WC wins and one World from my Boy. I see there is less hate here these days.

Avy

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
Henry posted in the comments that he decided to save it for something else he's working on. He had already recorded the other bit and forgot to delete it after shelving the religious talk.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Henry posted in the comments that he decided to save it for something else he's working on. He had already recorded the other bit and forgot to delete it after shelving the religious talk.
Thank You Brother,good lookin out!

Avy

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Bring it, Gwinny! More North America DH!

(I'll admitantly never go to TN, but it is closer than WV. You never know....) Gwin needs to buy Angel Fire or Granby Ranch. Then I'd be a regular :D

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Yeah,umm,So much to say. And he is Racin?

It is just the start.

You heard um,he likes DH and Enduro is on his mind.

I hope they do a Head Count and keep it under control? IE,no more than X amount of people.

What about Medical? How does that work? Kids and Fathers out havin Fun. I thought N.Star did a great job of having a lot of Medical people spread through out the Mnt. I assume for Insurance matters, he is under some sort of rule?

I saw one guy ask about the spray station? Great question.

Avy

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
He's said he's going to race in Pinkbikes podcast, but he is still recovering from the last injury.

Insurance - does that exist in Tennessee?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Nah when you die at Windrock, they just let your family make a little road side sign in your honor.
Like, “Bubba Ray liked to ride his Pho wheela wearing a bandana instead of a helmet. Now his 9 kids are bastards. RIP”

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nah when you die at Windrock, they just let your family make a little road side sign in your honor.
Like, “Bubba Ray liked to ride his Pho wheela wearing a bandana instead of a helmet. Now his 9 kids are bastards. RIP”
A monument of empty Monster Energy cans in a cross with some plastic flowers and a small America Flag made in China. Maybe a Punisher sticker and some spent .223 casings.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I wanted to give you a laughing emoji, but that's literally how it's done. I have never seen red neckery like that found around windrock, and I've seen some shit.

Would like to creep down those trails again (maybe with a bandana under a formal bike hat)