Quantcast

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
so if trek, then who gets the boot from the existing team? I thought I had Martin Whiteley state soon after worlds that the current team will looking forward to next year etc etc.
But if someone had to get the boot, my vote goes to the underperforming, near always_whining Needles.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
that was super lame yuro.. but by that faulted logic, maybe sulkyboy came second cos h's too fat?
Gotta love the internet.

You definitely win the tool of the day award. Why is that? Because MasterOfGroms = Neko's father.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I would rather see him ride for Intense. What better then an American DH rider riding for an American MADE company.
Besides I am not a trek fan at all.

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Trek isn't an american company? that one slipped me by, and probably slipped by the guys in wisconsin too. Who would have thought?

Would be excited to see trek pick up the top american talent and get them on top of the podium.

edited for clarity.

Last edited:

MasterofGroms

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
NorthEastern US
that was super lame yuro.. but by that faulted logic, maybe sulkyboy came second cos h's too fat?
What is a sulkyboy?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

How did this thread turn in to some douche calling me names?

Gotta love the internet...!!!:thumb:

Back on point...maybe not so relevant for the DH guys, but has anyone heard about Willow Kerbers plans for next year...rumor mill has her looking at TWR. If that materializes there is another American on that squad.:rolleyes:

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
the other morons aside: i wasnt referring to you as sulky, but your son: had his serious pout on standing on the podium. yes yes. lost by less than a second. so what. gotta to roll with the punches and be stoked irrespective. But it's my opine of that moment in time, not a generalisation. the vomrockers will no doubt spew forth more hate. they so good at it.

MasterofGroms

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
NorthEastern US
the other morons aside: i wasnt referring to you as sulky, but your son: had his serious pout on standing on the podium. yes yes. lost by less than a second. so what. gotta to roll with the punches and be stoked irrespective. But it's my opine of that moment in time, not a generalisation. the vomrockers will no doubt spew forth more hate. they so good at it.
OK...now I get the sulky comment.

I agree that he looked and was extremely disappointed with that result.

He wanted and expects more than second.

That may be why he's up on that podium and you and I are sitting here talking about it.

No hate... but I'm not sure that "roll with it" is where his head was at that moment.

Neko trained for this one race for four years. For four years he's had a sign on the ceiling above his bed that reads..

"What will you do today to prepare for the Worlds?"

He worked harder for it than anything in his life.

Yep...the disappointment is evident on his face in those podium shots.

It's probably more my fault than his.

I taught him to think it's OK to work your ass off for something you really want...and it's also OK to be disappointed when you don't get it.

I know nothing of your experience...with winning and losing...but we've lost hundreds of races over the years and I can't remember being "stoked" about a single one of them.

As his Dad, I'm not sure if I'm more proud of his awesome second place at the World Champs or his disappointment with that result.

Either way...he's my boy, and if you talk **** on him I will find you and punch you in the balls! :thumb::thumb:

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGroms View Post

Either way...he's my boy, and if you talk **** on him I will find you and punch you in the balls!

Not only is this the best post by a member on RM to date but it is the best post by any father on RM to date.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
+1 :thumb:

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
I think Neko was plenty professional, congrats on an amazing finish to his whole family. When I was was his age and I lost at something I threw a damn fit... I'm only marginally better now.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey

Little sulky sure, but think of how screwed he was, surprised he didnt go after the lil ****

*edit* attn masterofgroms why was he training for this race for FOUR years, isnt there 1 of these each year? Why is this 1 so important?

Last edited:

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
What is a sulkyboy?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

How did this thread turn in to some douche calling me names?

Gotta love the internet...!!!:thumb:

Back on point...maybe not so relevant for the DH guys, but has anyone heard about Willow Kerbers plans for next year...rumor mill has her looking at TWR. If that materializes there is another American on that squad.:rolleyes:
Willow would be a huge personality to bring on to the team, she's a........free spirit I think you call or a but of a serious fvckin' handfull you'd say where I'm from! Are Trek gonna shutdown the Subaru/Garyfisher/Trek team or is Willow just looking for the big-time now that she got the finger out? So that will be 3 Americans and 4 North Americans! TWR could be paying out some serious salaries in 2011, good to see.