Quantcast

Gwin runs RC's?!

Deano

Monkey
Feb 14, 2011
i feel old suddenly, i rem when i was a wee whippersnapper, and team associated was the new kid in the R/C stuff.

Mad fun tho driving those things.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Used to be into the 1/8 scale nitro too, put it away for years in favour of DH, but just dug it up this month and started converting it to brushless! Apparently volatile batteries are all the rage these days.

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
I have an Associated rc8 and rc10b3 both brushless LiPo. Batteries may be volatile but holy punch do they pack. Plus, I get a longer run time on the track than the nitro guys get on a tank (I know its easier to refill the tank than have several sets of batteries but its a far improvement over old battery tech). I go in spurts driving it, nephews have cars too and depending on how often they get it, I like to join them. I have a little heli too in brushless and will likely get a plane to fly with father in law. Used to have a nitro plane but am sold on the new electric stuff and will likely never go back.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
I sadly too have the RC bug.
Looking to get a 1/8 brushless buggy in the near future.....Hpi Vorza flux maybe. Youtube it and be impressed.

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
If I catch ANY of you down at our jumps with an RC you're dead. No leniency cuz up ride bikes either. :D

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Used to be into the 1/8 scale nitro too, put it away for years in favour of DH, but just dug it up this month and started converting it to brushless! Apparently volatile batteries are all the rage these days.
Lipo = wow or KaPOW. Brushless and lipo is absolute insanity.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Haha yeah - got a few lipos and they're a big step forward. As long as you balance charge and set a safe LV cutoff they seem relatively safe.