Quantcast

Gwins Headcam at Fort Bill

Discussion in 'Downhill & Freeride' started by nowlan, Jun 18, 2012.

1. nowlan

nowlan Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 2

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Tdiddy

Tdiddy Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 1
    I can't believe they never show the woods section in the coverage. It is by far the most interesting and where everyone lost the race. Gwin is an animal.

3. toodles

toodles Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    29 / 619
    I guess they only have so many cameras and putting one there would only get like a couple of seconds of each rider? That and the cameraman would be eaten alive by Scottish hillfolk and midges.

I watched that helmetcam run this morning - bloody impressive.

4. Tdiddy

Tdiddy Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 1
    I would have way rather watched how people like Gee lost 3 seconds in that short section than watch 30th place riders get similar splits on the final motorway again and again and again. Just because you can see a big portion of the track doesn't make it interesting. Just pull one camera and put it in the woods, that's all I ask.

5. S.K.C.

S.K.C. Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 10
    ...time stamp 4:09 through the end gave me the wood. :D He's ripping so fast that you can clearly hear the Doppler Effect from a bell starting at the :40 mark and ending around the :45 mark...

No doubt this has been posted, but in case you haven't seen this yet, check it out:

This is Gwin's helmet cam footage from his race run at Platty (Plattekill Mtn in upstate NY) during the ProGRT race a few weeks ago.

Anyone who has ridden there knows how loose and rocky the shale is, not to mention rough in a few spots... yet he carries speed like he's pinning it across a glass table.

This melts my face off every time I watch it... it's like he's on a silenced moto right out of the start gate... INSANE.

#5 -   Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  6. Norther

Norther Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 1
    It is amazing to watch Gwin's style and how his head stays so stable and focused all the time eventhought his bike and body might be in any position. Like a martial artist focusing to his opponent.

7. rayhaan

rayhaan Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I am left speechless after watching that fort william headcam, and the Plattekill one, his speed! amazing, as said previsouly, the guy is an animal! I would not like to be the rest of the world cup circuit having to race against this guy...

#7 -   Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  8. chillindrdude

chillindrdude Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    8 / 23
    Northern VA, a peckerwood with too many guns
    And that was just a training run...damn

9. KavuRider

KavuRider Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 3
    Jeebus...
    Insanely fast.

10. ALEXIS_DH

ALEXIS_DH Tirelessly Awesome

Rep/Likes:
    19 / 107
    how does he turn so fast??????
    wtf!

while his speed is amazing, i´d have to say his line-choice is his most impressive ability.