Quantcast

Gwins Headcam at Fort Bill

Tdiddy

Monkey
Apr 8, 2009
I can't believe they never show the woods section in the coverage. It is by far the most interesting and where everyone lost the race. Gwin is an animal.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I can't believe they never show the woods section in the coverage.
I guess they only have so many cameras and putting one there would only get like a couple of seconds of each rider? That and the cameraman would be eaten alive by Scottish hillfolk and midges.

I watched that helmetcam run this morning - bloody impressive.

Tdiddy

Monkey
Apr 8, 2009
I would have way rather watched how people like Gee lost 3 seconds in that short section than watch 30th place riders get similar splits on the final motorway again and again and again. Just because you can see a big portion of the track doesn't make it interesting. Just pull one camera and put it in the woods, that's all I ask.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...time stamp 4:09 through the end gave me the wood. :D He's ripping so fast that you can clearly hear the Doppler Effect from a bell starting at the :40 mark and ending around the :45 mark...

No doubt this has been posted, but in case you haven't seen this yet, check it out:

This is Gwin's helmet cam footage from his race run at Platty (Plattekill Mtn in upstate NY) during the ProGRT race a few weeks ago.

Anyone who has ridden there knows how loose and rocky the shale is, not to mention rough in a few spots... yet he carries speed like he's pinning it across a glass table.

This melts my face off every time I watch it... it's like he's on a silenced moto right out of the start gate... INSANE.

Last edited:

Norther

Chimp
Sep 11, 2009
Finland
It is amazing to watch Gwin's style and how his head stays so stable and focused all the time eventhought his bike and body might be in any position. Like a martial artist focusing to his opponent.

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
I am left speechless after watching that fort william headcam, and the Plattekill one, his speed! amazing, as said previsouly, the guy is an animal! I would not like to be the rest of the world cup circuit having to race against this guy...

Last edited:

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
...time stamp 4:09 through the end gave me the wood. :D He's ripping so fast that you can clearly hear the Doppler Effect from a bell starting at the :40 mark and ending around the :45 mark...

No doubt this has been posted, but in case you haven't seen this yet, check it out:

This is Gwin's helmet cam footage from his race run at Platty (Plattekill Mtn in upstate NY) during the ProGRT race a few weeks ago.

Anyone who has ridden there knows how loose and rocky the shale is, not to mention rough in a few spots... yet he carries speed like he's pinning it across a glass table.

This melts my face off every time I watch it... it's like he's on a silenced moto right out of the start gate... INSANE.
Jeebus...
Insanely fast.