Quantcast

~~ GWMT ~~

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning, :monkey: .
Didn't sleep so I just had coffee outside watching the eclipse, it's about 50% right now, but will slip out of my sight behind the hill before it's total.

Riding big bikes later. So I have that going for me.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
ho ho ho, whaddaya know

woke up early without an alarm but didn't feel like working out. I have some time later and that would be swell.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Hand saw and brush knife ordered so I can start cleaning trails. Some of the stuff I frequent is in the lesser traveled areas of state parks that receive no attention from parks staff, so I'll just have to do this myself on the down low. Well, that and pick up trash cause people are disgusting and this area is a litter infested shithole.

Otherwise, hot as balls, so I doubt I'll be riding today.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got a shitty sleep last night. Probably related to having to take a poop at 2am. :confused:

Work from home today.

Rain and possible thunderstorms today. Forecast is saying it'll clear up just after 4, which is perfect as that is when I shall be leaving for tonight's bike ride.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Wednesday now GET YOUR BALLS READY. Unlike the rest of you bruhs, I sleep well last night for the second night in a row, so now instead of being tired from lack of sleep, I am groggy from too much sleep. I'll take the latter. I did get up in time to cram a 7 mile run in before work. I'll be pedaling later, and if the weather forecast holds up, that'll need to be on the trainer. We need the rain though.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
need to go to bed earlier and stop staying up late just messing around.

gonna plow my way through some of my to do list before going to pick up the kids. maybe ride with the kiddo this afternoon?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Hurt less, still hurt. Down to sleep and am Oxy usage with antiinflammatories all-day.

Haley has Snobahn today.

Was looking at the Yeti frame and realized Haley is almost tall enough for it. Damn.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Was looking at the Yeti frame and realized Haley is almost tall enough for it. Damn.
at this point i'm keeping all my bikes because my kid is gonna be ready for them by the time he's 10 or so at the rate he's going. likely before then. he's 6 and already on 24" wheels.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
at this point i'm keeping all my bikes because my kid is gonna be ready for them by the time he's 10 or so at the rate he's going. likely before then. he's 6 and already on 24" wheels.
yeah it's funny. i had the 11yo on my wife's old 26 specialized rockhopper at first and had. built up a m/l 27.5 cotic for our older kid, but the 11yo has commandeered the cotic, and while it's bigger and heavier he prefers riding it. if he keeps on riding i'll be looking for a used size m full sus for him this summer.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That is a pretty small big cat.

Not sure why a mountain biker with a pocket knife couldn't have taken care of it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Replaced all the Brake lines, the Master Cylinder, all 4 calipers, all the rotors, front driver side wheel bearing and rear driver side bearing and hub. Boy that sucked. Did it myself. Saved Eleventy billion dollars. I hate Dot fluid. I will never do that again. Still cannot ride a wheelie or do a reverse Neutral Rockford Files power slide.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ok, kids, gather round, I’ll tell a story.
A Peruvian friend of mine came to visit, I hadn’t seen him in 13 years.
The subject of his family came up, he said ”Didn’t you hear? My son David just got out of prison, he was there for nine years”.
Turns out his son was involved in a futbol ’hooligan’ incident, and someone fell/ was thrown from a three meter balcony, and died. The story is convoluted, involving possible suppression of evidence, etc, but either way, he was implicated, and did time.
His father is wealthy, and the story became something of a flash point for class resentment. My friend (his father) apparently was shaken down every few months by organized crime so they wouldn’t kill his son in Prison. He said he had paid out over 2 million to lawyers and thugs to date.
I certainly don’t know the whole story, but the whole thing sucks, for everyone all around (especially the deceased).
Imagine 9 years in prison where everyone wants to kill/hurt you?
@ALEXIS_DH , I would be curious to hear your take on this, obviously the story I got has some bias.
Terrible.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Ok, kids, gather round, I’ll tell a story.
A Peruvian friend of mine came to visit, I hadn’t seen him in 13 years.
The subject of his family came up, he said ”Didn’t you hear? My son David just got out of prison, he was there for nine years”.
Turns out his son was involved in a futbol ’hooligan’ incident, and someone fell/ was thrown from a three meter balcony, and died. The story is convoluted, involving possible suppression of evidence, etc, but either way, he was implicated, and did time.
His father is wealthy, and the story became something of a flash point for class resentment. My friend (his father) apparently was shaken down every few months by organized crime so they wouldn’t kill his son in Prison. He said he had paid out over 2 million to lawyers and thugs to date.
I certainly don’t know the whole story, but the whole thing sucks, for everyone all around (especially the deceased).
Imagine 9 years in prison where everyone wants to kill/hurt you?
@ALEXIS_DH , I would be curious to hear your take on this, obviously the story I got has some bias.
Terrible.
That was a pretty well known case.

Probably the 2 million were for bribes and to buy the security cam footage. (which was "missing" the very few seconds where the guy was thrown from the balcony), and to bribe somebody for an early release. Guy was sentenced to 35 years for murder, which is the max you can get.
It was actually a pretty clear cut case, with lots of witnesses right in front of the grandstands in a stadium packed with people.

Be careful.