Quantcast

gyro on a mtb

InsaneP2Rider

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
i've been wanting to run a gyro on my mtb for a while but i don't know if one will work with front/rear brakes and a derailer. it one can where can i get it?

thanks.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Your front brake you have to run through the steerer tube. The rear brake, if it's a mech disc or V-brake, you need a special gyro I think. Most likely you will have to go single speed, I've never heard of a gyro that allows a derailleur.

just get a star nut that alows you to run your front brake through the stem and run the derailer cable and rear brake cable long and zip tie them together, you wont be abel to double barspin unless you preload it by turning it the other way but other than that its basicaly as good as a gyro, just not quite as smooth, i have a couple freinds who run this setup.... ill post some pics if i can.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i have gyro for my P1. my buddy was runnin it for a long time its just a regular gyro. if its an urban bike and you dont shift alot do what he did and just mount a thumbshifter in some random spot on your bike and shift your bike with it. i have not put it on yet because after snaking my front cable through my stem with a hollow stem bolt i realized that my front wheel hits my foot when i x-up. no bar spins for me:( :mad: :angry: