Quantcast

Hügi orrr.. Hadley?

Edvard

Chimp
Feb 4, 2004
Europe
I'm looking for a 20mm front hub and the DT Hügi FR and the Hadley seemed very interesting..

Question is simple : which one should I take?

thanks

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Answer: Whichever one matches your rear hub, or comes in your favorite color. Or whichever is cheaper if you're on a budget.

20mm Front hubs are simple.. Couple of cartridge bearings, hub body, and sleeve. Not much to choose. If you like the bling gold Hadley hub, buy it. If your rear hub is a Hugi and you have an urge to match brands, buy the Hugi. If you're on a budget and one is cheaper, go with that one.

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Originally posted by binary visions
Answer: Whichever one matches your rear hub, or comes in your favorite color. Or whichever is cheaper if you're on a budget.

20mm Front hubs are simple.. Couple of cartridge bearings, hub body, and sleeve. Not much to choose. If you like the bling gold Hadley hub, buy it. If your rear hub is a Hugi and you have an urge to match brands, buy the Hugi. If you're on a budget and one is cheaper, go with that one.
well said...I think that should end this thread. What is the ultimate sipper: Guinness or Corona is a far more intriguing question.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
I woud get the hugi hadley has a very weird system 108 engagements with one pawl..... pretty scairy if ya ask me!

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Exaccly i also ride trials...and 108 engagements on one pawl is insane dangerous! go king 72 on a ring drive cant go wrong!:D

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
O CRAP!! i thaught he wanted help with rear hubs my bad lol.I still say go dt swiss i own a hugi for the front and i absolute love it ( on my dh bike)

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Originally posted by Leethal
Guiness or Corona how can you compare the two? Now if you said Bass or Harp you might have a comparison.
...too seemingly different beverages, and yet for some miraculous reason they are both so perfectly suited to sipping that I cannot explain. Guinness is like the smart young son that graduated law school at the age of 20, and is now on the supreme court, whereas his bastard child half brother (corona) has done little with his life, yet with the right constituents (lime) he can compete on the same level as his far more sophisticate older brethren.
I think to simply discredit the two for reasons of non-similitude is both foolish and pious. What about drinking the Guinness from the Hadley and the Corona from the DT?
Perhaps I would have been a bit more sage to choose Mac and Jacks African in lieu of Corona, however I would like to steer this conversation towards how a skunky brew with the addition of a citrus fruit twist can suddenly metamorphosize into something nearly divine. Discuss...

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Any beer that requires a lime to be mildly drinkable needs to be put down like Old Yeller:D

I'd go with whatever hub as a better website;)

And drink Sierra Nevada in large quantities:drool:

Edvard

Chimp
Feb 4, 2004
Europe
Originally posted by binary visions
Answer: Whichever one matches your rear hub, or comes in your favorite color.
My rear hub = Hügi.

The price is about the same, but as I can't find many reviews I thought it was better to ask whether one of the two has already had problems/...

I think Hügi has a better contacts and service so I've made my choice!

Thanks!