Quantcast

H̸͉̺̱̔̀̐̄̎͛ę̶͈̪̏͆̅̕l̶̪̙̍̊̽̈͊̚͝l̶̨̛̤̤͌͛͊͑̂͐̌̆̚o̶̗̭̤̗̱̫̿̄̾̓͑̀̾͠ͅ ̸̛̳͎̜̑̀̉̃̓̂̎̓ĩ̶̩͕̈̈́͛͠t̷͙͎͈́̽̀͆͒͆͆̿͝s̶̥͚͎̩̜̙͖̹͓̔ ̶̢̬̫̓̿Ţ̵̗̙́̏̓̄̃͐̚h̶̹̏̓u̷͖̫͙͚͐́͝ͅr̸̿͠

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
As much as I like living in a rural area, you can't trust these rednecks restaurant reviews. They don't know what mexican food should look like. They can't even tell if a pizza is good. If you serve anything remotely edible, 5 stars.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i bought a ticket to see lawrence of arabia in the theatre in august.

4hr 5min run time

going to start resting now.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:wave:

Hour in the office, then travel to another office where I shall sit in silence listening to some guy speak about something.
no more zoom for this shit...

or...

they thrive on the look of boredom/disdain in person...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Our guest room is finally open after hosting guests for the last two weeks. I was able to escape my wife’s snoring and got 8 hours of glorious deep sleep. Incredible.

Great commute yesterday zipping around and beating traffic. Hope I can continue that wherever I end up, if I do move on.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Rain on tap. Maybe I'll go visit the lumber guy and see what he's got for hard maple. Or ash. Maybe beech? I suppose southern yellow pine could work well too, if anyone around here carried it.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
These wingdings look like something that splattered on the kitchen floor.

WFH day and the rain finally stopped. I swam 2400 yards this morning and will get out for an easy jog at some point, roffles.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
no more zoom for this shit...

or...

they thrive on the look of boredom/disdain in person...
Its on zoom.

I'm going to the other building by choice, so I can sit alone in silence.

Being at home doesn't help, as I'm too distracted by the cat and whatnot. I won't pay attention to the training as much as I should.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Up and groggy. Caffeinating. DSO was up and frantic late last night due to some pretty loud thunder booming. Dumped a fair amount of rain, so no ride today. We'll make some chicken al pastor instead!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
beautiful weather this week. currently sitting on the porch coffeeing. about to go pick up an artist from the airport who's visiting for the day. i think mil arrives tonight for 14yo's 8th grade graduation tomorrow. need to find a day to get some tires on some dirt...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
cool weather. windows open, house fan on. nice and cool in the work from home office. had to run out for coffee beans, local roaster had kona blend. win. youngest offspring celebrates another trip around the sun.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i have been extremely busy as of late between first time startup of the pool, building a 12x20 pavilion on the deck, moving 2 cubic yards of river stone for hardscaping around the new patio and the hot tub, kids being amped up for the end of the school year, kids being amped up for having their own swimming pool, and getting all my dive gear ready for a trip starting this week. have a ton of irrational anxiety about having to get on an airplane, as per tradition (thanks @Pesqueeb ). but i have been trying to get a trip on the books with my dad (dive master, former instructor who taught me) while he is still able to travel and dive. hoping to take the kids on a snorkeling trip with him next year.

all this on top of hating my job with a passion that burns as hot as a white dwarf. job search will shift to full swing once i'm back from vaca.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
aftermath of the indian food I ate last night are causing me to delay my shower... I think I've already spent half my working day on the throne. and no, even if I'm working from home alone, I will not bring my laptop with me to the bathroom.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Bonjour!

Not sure what day it is but holy smokes do I have some jetlag. Need to stay awake for another couple hours and then hopefully jump feet first into Paris time.

i have been extremely busy as of late between first time startup of the pool, building a 12x20 pavilion on the deck, moving 2 cubic yards of river stone for hardscaping around the new patio and the hot tub, kids being amped up for the end of the school year, kids being amped up for having their own swimming pool, and getting all my dive gear ready for a trip starting this week. have a ton of irrational anxiety about having to get on an airplane, as per tradition (thanks @Pesqueeb ). but i have been trying to get a trip on the books with my dad (dive master, former instructor who taught me) while he is still able to travel and dive. hoping to take the kids on a snorkeling trip with him next year.

all this on top of hating my job with a passion that burns as hot as a white dwarf. job search will shift to full swing once i'm back from vaca.
If it helps, I just spent 14 hours flying across/to various continents. I know I give the industry a deservedly hard time, but it's still still far safer than driving to literally anywhere.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If it helps, I just spent 14 hours flying across/to various continents. I know I give the industry a deservedly hard time, but it's still still far safer than driving to literally anywhere.
i know, but giving you a hard time makes me feel better.

at least you're not my old boss. he used to be an engineer at boeing, i give him WAY more shit about it. i straight told him if I die because the plane crashes its his fault.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
County came back with the forest dwelling template as completed but now they want documentation for a zoning compliance that has to be notarized. I swear these are the most inept and cumbersome people around.

Working on the boat today gotta get all the gas out of the tank but the filler neck is about 6 feet long, bought a transfer pump and a couple of garden hoses from harbor freight, going to fill all my powersports jugs and transfer that fuel into the vehicles since it was non ethanol but not taking any chances on running it through the outboard. The kicker bracket lines up great, bit of trouble trying to transfer the scribe marks from the outside of the transom to the inside in order not to hit any vitals and make sure there is meat to bolt through. had to get a super long pilot bit just to make it through the 2.5" transom width, then will be able to determine what size hardware I will need to bolt it up. Also need to source some extra quick connect fuel fitting so I can still use the aux tuna tank for long offshore runs.

Axle flip kit arrived for the job trailer, not looking forward to doing that job alone. kinda needs a second pair of hands to accomplish, not to mention at least 4 jackstands.

Maslow CNC should arrive tomorrow, will give me the weekend to find some straight lumber to build the platform and start playing around with files.

Local economy is really starting to slow down as marketplace is being flooded with toys and luxury items for sale, Boats, RV's, UTV's, motos, sand rails are always the first things to go.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I don't know if you guys know this but you can go to the lawyer subreddit and give people the worst advice possible.
I an currently explaining to some hoodrat that the local high school cannot legally trespass her from the property for visiting during summer school to fight someone and there will be no legal consequences to doing it again.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Whatcha thinking of?
No idea, honestly. I'm a bit miffed that 29ers seem to have taken over the all mountain segment. Part of my motivation is I feel like I haven't ridden anything that fits well. Height wise, I'm in between a small and a medium. Proportionally my torso is longer than my legs, so even if the top tube fits the seat tube may be too long.

I'd love to find a more modern version of my RFX. Reeb Squeeb looks to be the closest fit, but 29. Boo. There's an older model for sale locally that's semi-tempting.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Werk is still werk. The ability of my employer to stand squarely on their own “foot” is incredible.

Did not ride yesterday. Will try again today.