Quantcast

H.P.C. Presenting Women-Only Downhill Mountain Bike Clinics with Current National Cha

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
WILMINGTON, N.Y. – High Peaks Cyclery is hosting two women-only downhill mountain bike clinics featuring 2006 National Downhill Champion Tara Llanes at the Whiteface Downhill Park in July.

“We are very excited and honored to be bringing the 2006 National Downhill Champion Tara Llanes for a special women only clinic,” said Downhill Mike Scheur, director of mountain biking at the Whiteface Downhill Park. “All women will receive a full day of personal instruction including everything from setting up the suspension properly to getting more comfortable in tricky terrain to getting over personal fears. Each rider also receives a day lift-ticket, lunch, swag bag, special clinic t-shirt and invitation to an after-clinic party.”

These women-only clinics are July 6 and 7. Llanes, a strong hopeful for the U.S. BMX Olympic Team for the 2008 Bejing Olympics, will be joined by three women guest instructors to ensure a low student-teacher ratio. The clinics are limited to 20 women each day, beginning at 8:30 am and lasting about seven hours, followed by an hour or so of freeriding and a question and answer session. The after-clinic party is on Saturday, July 7.

“My goal is to make this clinic the most fun and informative session you’ve ever had,” stated Llanes, who is sponsored by Giant Bicycles. “You will learn everything from setting up your suspension to overcoming your fears of descending, to dealing with obstacles to tips on jumping. I want you to have fun while getting over your fears and gaining more confidence on your bike.

“It is important to me that I am able to work with each individual and help with any issues they may be having,” Llanes continued. “If any of the riders want to stick around afterward I would be happy to ride more and address their concerns or just go for a fun ride. See you there!”

The clinic is $149 per rider. Registration may be found at http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1434228. For more information, please log on to www.downhillmike.com or email downhillmike@highpeaksma.com.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
This is such a great opportunity for East coast women DHers!!! I hope we get a good turn-out. If anyone has questions, please let me know.

RM -- Thank you for posting this up!

NJ Jess

Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
mtbnj.com
at our kids day clinic which also is the NJ middle and high school state championships this Saturday. Hope we can really rock this clinic.