Quantcast

H8R's Band

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
So it took me about 6 months before H8R finally sent me a CD. If only it could have been longer...

I played it in the background with people over friday, and despite the foreground conversations, I had the urge to disect a kitten.

I will listen to it again without distraction, and hope things don't worsen.

I'm not saying it was bad, it was just a little dark for my tastes...

J

JRB

Lock your bikes in a safe place. Get some Liberace to try to even your mood after you listen to it again. You may want to wait a few days to be back around your bikes too. In addition, please be rid of anything capable of damaging your bikes. You never know what you may do.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
stinkyboy said:
So it took me about 6 months before H8R finally sent me a CD. If only it could have been longer...

I played it in the background with people over friday, and despite the foreground conversations, I had the urge to disect a kitten.

I will listen to it again without distraction, and hope things don't worsen.
It wasn't six months you punk.

Keep lotsa kittens handy, it's a long record.

:D

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
H8R said:
It wasn't six months you punk.

Keep lotsa kittens handy, it's a long record.

:D
Yea, I saw a couple 12 minute songs on there. With your "artsy" lifestyle, I was expecting some Modest Mouse. Ha!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
narlus said:
which one, _eye of every storm_?
Yes.

I was going to send him Neurot/Walking Time Bombs, but it's not for the uninitiated.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
H8R said:
:think:

What the hell gave you that idea??
Where's your sig?

I looked at your "links" section and it was a bunch of Bay Area fine artists. NTTAWWT but that's not usually the crowd of friends that Death Metalers run with.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
stinkyboy said:
Where's your sig?

I looked at your "links" section and it was a bunch of Bay Area fine artists. NTTAWWT but that's not usually the crowd of friends that Death Metalers run with.
We're not death metal.

My wife is an artist, and we have a ton of friends who are artists. In fact she's in a show on the 10th, if you happen to be in SF.

http://www.onsixgallery.com/pages/schedule.html

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I wouldn't exactly call his band death metal. But hey, death metal is hip enough again to be listed on Gawker.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BigMike said:
I know I have not been as active on the :monkey: lately, but..... Whats with the avatars? :confused:

You need to change it to the BikerN8 for at least 3 days or RM will ban you.

Didn't you get the memo??

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
narlus said:
i think stinkyboy needs some Whitehouse for his next party...
"Whitehouse is clearly not the band for everyone. People who have been sheltered and comfortable all throughout life will certainly have the most difficulty sitting through even a few minutes of their music. Yet, even though Bennett claims the band has no missions or crusade, they rage on toward some unknown point, which for them should be neither burning out or fading away, but an explosion. With Chicago noise producer-laureate Steve Albini in tow, they continue to put out new works such as Halogen and Quality Time which deal with those all too dominant urges of power, sex and pain which we heap upon each other. While it's understandable that people choose to eschew Whitehouse like the plague, they're not going away yet, and they are still the same jolting voice from a pitch-black reality that they were over a decade ago."

- Susan Lawly

Sounds interesting...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i've got _Birthdeath Experience_, _Great White Death_ _Twice Is Not Enough_ and _Thank Your Lucky Stars_.

i'll defer to the copyright holder for H8R's stuff, since i'm pretty sure that william bennett or peter sotos don't post on the monkey.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
narlus said:
i've got _Birthdeath Experience_, _Great White Death_ _Twice Is Not Enough_ and _Thank Your Lucky Stars_.

i'll defer to the copyright holder for H8R's stuff, since i'm pretty sure that william bennett or peter sotos don't post on the monkey.
fancy a trade ??? :) what do i have that might interest you... have you got mike watt - 'ballhog or tugboat' ?

i got a great radio birdman double CD - under the ashes....

edit... just checkin the cds... i got loads of aussie stuf that you might not have... ed kuepper / kim salmon / the scientists / the celibate rifles etc.... pretty much every album of those bands...

the celibates rifles - 'sideroxylon & les fusiles celibataires' is real good...

Fool

Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Whitehouse and Pig Destroyer are touring together. I am, oddly enough, looking forward to this one. Kinda something I need to see once. Like a SunnO))) show.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Fool said:
Whitehouse and Pig Destroyer are touring together. I am, oddly enough, looking forward to this one. Kinda something I need to see once. Like a SunnO))) show.
I think I would like to name my band (if I ever create one...) _The Flaming Erection of Death in Your A$$_ My first album would be full of Pat Benetar covers and it would be named _The Vaginal Monologues...of Death!_ I believe that the conservatives among the American people would look to it as the new Holy Grail of society. But I'm sure that can already be said of Pig Destroyer...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
partsbara said:
ok... who do i have to pay to get a copy of h8rs and 'whitehouse' cd ???

:)
I need a copy of Adobe Pressready for Windows. Trade?

:think:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
stinkyboy said:
Get a Mac already.
Can a Mac force an old inkjet to handle Postscript without extra software...?

Uh, no.

Neither can Windows.

THAT is why I need a RIP.

(btw- I may get a Mac mini soon...)

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
H8R said:
Can a Mac force an old inkjet to handle Postscript without extra software...?

Uh, no.

Neither can Windows.

THAT is why I need a RIP.

(btw- I may get a Mac mini soon...)
If you rasterize, you could print seps from Photoshop no?

I helped a chick pick out a mini at Christmas, dumped her PC and she freaking loves it. She also likes hanging out at the Apple Store now that she's cool. :rolleyes:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
stinkyboy said:
If you rasterize, you could print seps from Photoshop no?
I want to be able to:

A) Print from Photoshop using "Print w/ preview" so I can pick halftone angle, frequency, dot shape, etc and have it come out Postscript-sharp. It also lets you pick the reg marks, etc.

Rasterizing the halftones (at least from all the futzing I've done) doesn't quite cut it. There are some free actions out there to make it "sorta" work. I dunno. I'll keep trying..

B) Have haltones, AND line art, AND layered text print out super sharp. Rasterizing means I have to commit all of the layering. I am afraid of commitment. (at least in design...)

I will admit, I am not a Photoshop master. Not even a journeyman.

I have messed w/ Ghostscript, it produces some beautiful disasters. Not the kinda thing I would used for custom work, but I dig the results.
:rolleyes:

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
Fool said:
pig destroyer rock. i'd love to see a live set one day. i did get to see sunn0))) (with boris) a couple months ago. a very cool visceral experience. definately worth checking out. i just can't get my home system loud enough for the proper effect. oh - neurosis is godly stuff - i've been a fan for years. hats off, h8r.

Fool

Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I saw SunnO))) a few months ago. It was definitely a sensorial experience. I left there with my bowels liquified and horking up dry ice vapors. I saw Boris and their overenthusiastic drummer not long ago too. Come to think of it, seen a lot of good stuff over this past year. Notables include Om, Kayo Dot, High on Fire, Mastodon, and several death metal shows, since I work right down the street from the death metal show capitol of NYC -- BB Kings.

Aaand Isis is doing a minitour in the Spring. Check them out if they come through your town, they're pretty much great live.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Fool said:
I saw SunnO))) a few months ago. It was definitely a sensorial experience. I left there with my bowels liquified and horking up dry ice vapors. I saw Boris and their overenthusiastic drummer not long ago too. Come to think of it, seen a lot of good stuff over this past year. Notables include Om, Kayo Dot, High on Fire, Mastodon, and several death metal shows, since I work right down the street from the death metal show capitol of NYC -- BB Kings.

Aaand Isis is doing a minitour in the Spring. Check them out if they come through your town, they're pretty much great live.
We played a French metal festival with Sunn 0))) last summer, I missed their set though. (there was like, 9,000 bands that day...I took a nap)

I was advised that it was lucky to have missed it anyway, being that I had eaten terrible festival food for lunch. :dead:

Fool

Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
H8R said:
We played a French metal festival with Sunn 0))) last summer, I missed their set though. (there was like, 9,000 bands that day...I took a nap)

I was advised that it was lucky to have missed it anyway, being that I had eaten terrible festival food for lunch. :dead:
Hah, yeah, that would have been trouble. You would never have found the portapotties for all the smoke.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
yeah, boris' drummer was fairly enthusiastic. they had a massive gong that he seemed really excited about. their guitar player is cool - tiny japanese girl in front of orange stack producing big noise - great juxtaposition. i missed isis last time they were through. sounded like a good show. i'll have to keep my eyes open. speaking of dm, i saw a cryptopsy / suffocation show earlier that was pretty cool. though they may not write the catchiest jingles, the speed & technicality of cryptopsy is really fun to watch (esp. flo's mad drumming).

Fool

Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Lord Wormz let me down at that show. He ate vegan worms. Also, my company's telephone system guy -- who's all inked up/longed haired/black clothed in that dm way -- was at that show and I totally embarrassed him in front of his death metal friends when my dorky ass went over and said hi to him.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
alas, worm ate no worms at all at this show. part of the fun of metal shows is watching the people who show up. a pretty dorky bunch really. perhaps lacking the need to externalise my musical interests is a sign i'm getting old.

Fool

Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
xy9ine said:
perhaps lacking the need to externalise my musical interests is a sign i'm getting old.
Ha! Seriously! I saw Decapitated/Hypocrisy/Nile on Monday night in a suit.