Quantcast

Ha! I'm not the only one with rusty stem bolts!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
DRB said:
I saw the thread and knew exactly what photo you were going to post.
That's so cute:heart:

Back in school, our cycling club used to put on practice time trials during road season. They were usually pretty fun, warm-up on the ride to the site, go balls out for half an hour, and cool down on the ride back. One of the things I learned quickly was to not draft or pull a tri geek. Some of them could ride like banshees, but holding a straight and steady pace, let alone within a paceline, was asking too much.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
I heard a good analogy the other day at the shop.

"Tri geeks are the suicide bombers of the cycling community you never know who they will take out and they always seem sketchy"

This mechanic should be hung by his bawls!
I mean come on...you're team is in the biggest bicycle race show of them all and you have one of the teams top riders riding around with rusty bolt heads??!! Pull your head out guys(the teams mechacnis).
I'm sure Ritchey will be excited to see this picture....

The second biggest part of a race mechancis job, besides a perfectly running race bike, is a pefectly looking one too, for the sponsors sake.

I'll let him/them off for the off center bars...becuase maybe that's the way Bradely like it. Riders are pretty coooky withtheir weird set-ups.
And also after looking a bit closer atthe picture it looks to be centered afterall...look at the right side of the stem...there is a row of numbers vertically written...they mount up just onthe edge of a stem when centered and they look pretty close...