Quantcast

HAB goes funemployed

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Looking to ride around Boise (ish) tomorrow. Anybody have a recommendation? Burly trail bike trails ideally.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
There are, sadly, no 'burly' trails in Boise.
Basically all XC.
There are some fun shuttles from Bogus Basin, such as Eastside and Sweet, Sweet Connies.
(But I don't know what the moisture situation is up there)
You won't find tech until you get to southern Utah or possibly Denver.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
See if you can find a shuttle to Bogus Basin, there could be trail clear of snow by now. Its like a 3000 ft descent back to Boise.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Is there a good ship in Boise to check in with and ask about trail conditions or a shuttle?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Boise is as advertised, XC-y but fun. Now who's got a recommendation between here and Grand Junction? SLC/Provo etc?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
No elevator dump, but I did drive through the parking lot blasting the Dead Kennedys version of Take This Job and Shove It as I left
Security seems pretty lax, you can always go back and leave that turd at a later date.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Boise is as advertised, XC-y but fun. Now who's got a recommendation between here and Grand Junction? SLC/Provo etc?
Corner Canyon in Draper is where you want to go next. There are even some nice jumps n' shit.
Hit Popeyes in Thanksgiving Point for some proper grease!

EDIT: Moab is 'more or less' on the way to Fruita/Grand Dysfunction.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Did a couple laps in SLC proper, going to hit Draper this afternoon. What should I do after that? Was thinking Grand Junction but I'm open to ideas.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Yes - Loma on the way in, then 18-Road. 18-Road shouldn't take him more than about 4 hours to do everything worth doing. I'd recommend Zippity, Joe's/MoJo, PBR, then Kessel to finish.

Then on to Lunch Loops. Ribbon (sort out a shuttle if possible), Eagle's Wing, Free Lunch, Holy Cross, Gunny Loop - might want to do a couple days at Lunch Loops.

Then I'd recommend you at *least* hit Grandstaff in Glenwood Springs, and perhaps go up and do some loops at Red Hill in Carbondale. Probably do both these areas (Glenwood + Red Hill) in a day fairly easily.

Then hit Berry Creek in Edwards (haven't done it but heard good things) and Lee's Way Down in Avon as many times as you can manage. Lee's is a fucking HOOT. Shuttle if you can figure one out. @Nick knows a guy... that if in town, likes to shuttle. :brows:

After Avon things are going to be pretty Mud Season-ish until you get to the Front Range. Try to get here by Thursday. Don't ask me why. :D

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Who the hell convinced you to go to the front range?

That's like commuter trails for march. Stop in Eagle, ride there and hardscrabble, and the stuff shtles mentioned around glenwood and fogettaboutit.

Although full trucker is nice. That's a better reason to go there than the trails. (sorry front rangers, not sorry :D).

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Who the hell convinced you to go to the front range?
inorite?

That's like commuter trails for march. Stop in Eagle, ride there and hardscrabble, and the stuff shtles mentioned around glenwood and fogettaboutit.
This x237.

Although full trucker is nice. That's a better reason to go there than the trails. (sorry front rangers, not sorry :D).
Aw, shucks. That said, if we can coordinate a bit I think we could put together something a bit more funner to ride close-ish to "The Front Range". @HAB I'm not sure what you're working on planning with @Nick and @SkaredShtles but if you're planning to be in the Golden/Denver/FR area Sunday you should convince them to do a Mountain Lion / Longhorn day, and if ya'll are up for it knock out a bonus lap on Warren G.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
@HAB I'm not sure what you're working on planning with @Nick and @SkaredShtles but if you're planning to be in the Golden/Denver/FR area Sunday you should convince them to do a Mountain Lion / Longhorn day, and if ya'll are up for it knock out a bonus lap on Warren G.
I'll be there by Sunday for sure, and am up for a healthy sized ride.