Quantcast

HAB goes funemployed

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
  • May 22nd(ish): Drive to Durango, ride there a couple days.
Looks like high country in DGO is opening up. See my previous post (page 1?) for ride suggestions. Definitely go to Ska Brewing when you're there. I like 2nd Ave Sports and Pedal The Peaks for shops. Hermosa Tours does shuttles all around the area, they're also gonna be a good source for what's been open. If you go into 2nd Ave, look for a fvcking tall skinny kid, probably with a dark beard and a smile 4 years wide. That's Matt, he's squatchin' around Durango these days. Good dude to get beta from as well. Tell him @Nick and I said howdy if you see him.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Salida rules. Super cool town and great riding. I did Uncle Nazty (is it just me or does that spelling look way too much like Uncle Nazi?) To... something, then back up and a full Cottonwood-Sweet Dreams-Chicken Dinner lap. MotherFUCK the first part of that climb. Steep fire road, with the entire surface just loose baseball sized rocks. Super fun descent back down though.

This morning I did some stuff that I don't know by name to Blood. Now hanging out drinking a beer and reading. :cheers:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Salida rules. Super cool town and great riding. I did Uncle Nazty (is it just me or does that spelling look way too much like Uncle Nazi?) To... something, then back up and a full Cottonwood-Sweet Dreams-Chicken Dinner lap. MotherFUCK the first part of that climb. Steep fire road, with the entire surface just loose baseball sized rocks. Super fun descent back down though.

This morning I did some stuff that I don't know by name to Blood. Now hanging out drinking a beer and reading. :cheers:
:rockout:

Also, did you climb 173 all the way to the top of Cottonwood past Uncle Nazty and Sand Dunes? Because yeah... FUCK that climb. We usually climb 175 up to Cottonwood, moar vehicle traffic but less steep, smoother, and better grade for climbing.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
:rockout:

Also, did you climb 173 all the way to the top of Cottonwood past Uncle Nazty and Sand Dunes? Because yeah... FUCK that climb. We usually climb 175 up to Cottonwood, moar vehicle traffic but less steep, smoother, and better grade for climbing.
Oh... Yeah I did 173 twice. It gets better above Uncle Nazty, but the bottom part blows

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Durango FTW. Banged out a bunch of laps on Log Chutes DH today. The upper trail (just listed as Downhill on Trail Forks) is only okay, but Log Chutes is a blast. It would be a super easy shuttle too, though I was pedalling. Pretty mellow fire road climb too.

Now, brewery time while it thunderstorms. :cheers:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Durango FTW. Banged out a bunch of laps on Log Chutes DH today. The upper trail (just listed as Downhill on Trail Forks) is only okay, but Log Chutes is a blast. It would be a super easy shuttle too, though I was pedalling. Pretty mellow fire road climb too.

Now, brewery time while it thunderstorms. :cheers:
What else is on the list? How many days you gonna be in DGO? My gal and I are headed thattaway on Thursday, though I figure you're gonna be long gone by then.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
What else is on the list? How many days you gonna be in DGO? My gal and I are headed thattaway on Thursday, though I figure you're gonna be long gone by then.
Trying to figure that out. Haven't managed do arrange a shuttle, and from what I can gather the coolest high country stuff isn't accessible yet. I'm open to ideas...

Schedule wise, I'm planning to ride here and Moab, then roll out. I need to be heading north by Sunday.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The singletrack in Cortez is awesome. Its definitely trail riding with lots of up and down. Not DH oriented but great trails. Its called Phil's World. Smack dab in the middle of Durango and Moab.