Quantcast

Had our second SUPERcycle class....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Attention all spinning instructors!!!! :)

OK, so when we are in a "climb", why does the instructor keep yelling "Come on guys! We're almost to the top! We're almost there!" Turns out we are NOT almost there, and I end up busting my ass for three more minutes in the 3 position! To me, "almost there" means ten more seconds....not three minutes. Our instructor is a LIAR!!!

:D

I did much better yesterday. MBC did fine. She is too hard on herself.

I would like to hear how Mr. Toninator's class went.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by I Are Baboon

I would like to hear how Mr. Toninator's class went.
I did my first "Trainer" class last night. It went very well. we did a warm up - 76 - 140 rpm's progressive in two minuet intervals. Then worked on strength I think. Big chain ring medium gear alternated between 96 and 108 rpm's and alternate between sitting and standing for 1 minuet and 2 minuet's (I cant stand that long yet) and dropping the gears to harder one's. Then get into the small chain ring and alternate up to an easy gear but like the first part of this phase.(96 and 108 rpm's)
Then repeat the warm up as a cool down.
I made it all the way through the class but couldn’t stand the whole time. I could stand longer at the easer gears than the harder gears though.
Coach Joe like's to hurt people:help: I signed up for 5 more classes:)
Physically my leg’s felt like bricks after the class but I don’t hurt this morning. I could have went a little harder, not much, but I wanted to be sure I could make it though the whole hour.
t

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Congrats to all of you, you're on your way to being addicts!:D Ton, in my class we do 5 minute races where you go ALL out, 100%, no holding back for as long as you can. When you aren't 100% you slow down and spin lightly to catch your breath, then you go back at it. It's hard to not "pace" yourself like you're used to so I know what you mean!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Heidi
Congrats to all of you, you're on your way to being addicts!:D Ton, in my class we do 5 minute races where you go ALL out, 100%, no holding back for as long as you can. When you aren't 100% you slow down and spin lightly to catch your breath, then you go back at it. It's hard to not "pace" yourself like you're used to so I know what you mean!
We did that last night. The chickie instructor called it "sprinting."

Ton: I am the same way about standing. I made it through most of the workout, but there were a couple times when I could not stay standing with everyone else. I did good though. :)

Our Friday class is being run my some woman is a MTB racer! Gotta try to get her to join RM......(all in good time) ;)

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by MtnBikerChk
I can't stand for more than 3 seconds.

It sucks.

G'morning Heidi.
It will come dont force it. the most import thing is form. I could probably do the whole time but i think my bike is to long so i'm trying to focus on form and burn myself out really quick.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by The Toninator

It will come dont force it. the most import thing is form. I could probably do the whole time but i think my bike is to long so i'm trying to focus on form and burn myself out really quick.
Ton's right. If you don't stand a lot when you ride, then this SHOULD be hard for you to do in class. Not sure you want my opinion, but I'll give it anyway.:p That's where road cycling helps out your skills, you stand a lot more on the road and those muscles get more developed and toned. I can now stand for long periods in mountain biking to give other muscles a litle rest. Yes, it increases your heart rate about 10 points, but it helps to work different muscles and generate a little more power at times.

Ton's right. If you don't stand a lot when you ride, then this SHOULD be hard for you to do in class. Not sure you want my opinion, but I'll give it anyway.:p That's where road cycling helps out your skills, you stand a lot more on the road and those muscles get more developed and toned. I can now stand for long periods in mountain biking to give other muscles a litle rest. Yes, it increases your heart rate about 10 points, but it helps to work different muscles and generate a little more power at times.
After both classes now, I've stood up and said "That's why I'm not a roadie."

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
I want to try this SPIN thang.

JOJO you need to teach a class by me at like 6:00 pm or so. Tuesday and Thursdays would be great. Thanks.

JO do you know if they have evening SPIN classes at the 24 hr by me in the evening?

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by MtnBikerChk

After both classes now, I've stood up and said "That's why I'm not a roadie."
No, you should welcome the roadie stuff, it makes you better!:)

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Squeak
I want to try this SPIN thang.

JOJO you need to teach a class by me at like 6:00 pm or so. Tuesday and Thursdays would be great. Thanks.

JO do you know if they have evening SPIN classes at the 24 hr by me in the evening?
Hey Squeak, check out their website, it has a class schedule for each gym that you can look at.

http://www.24hourfitness.com/db/club_finder.map_search_us#SKIPMAP

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown

No, you should welcome the roadie stuff, it makes you better!:)
Road training completes the "circle." Also keep in mind i've been biking for 10 years and heidi is an expert class racer. That makes me old and her a total badass:D

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Thanks for the Link Heidi!

Gawd what a waste! No classes after 4:30 pm on ANY DAY! :(

24 hour Fitness my butt! :mad: :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by The Toninator

Road training completes the "circle." Also keep in mind i've been biking for 10 years and heidi is an expert class racer. That makes me old and her a total badass:D
But that also requires buying another bike. TOO MANY BIKES TO BUY!!!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon

Naw, just get some slicks for your mountain bike and put more air in your shocks.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown

Actually i was just referring to "Trainer" class as road training because i don't know of any that are actually geared to Mtb racers or riders. Although my coach is developing one for me. Also do as heidi suggested and put slicks on your mtb. It's only about $40. I did a 182 mile two day charity ride on my chromo mtb bike with slicks. WHAT A WORKOUT!!!!!

(That's where road cycling helps out your skills, you stand a lot more on the road and those muscles get more developed and toned. )
I almost never get out of the saddle on my road bike. Just when sprinting, sometimes I even sit down Halfway through. Before I started riding a full suspension bike I stood all the time. Am I just a freak??