Quantcast

Hadley 108 freehub?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the freehubs are interchangable with the hub shells. if you have a 135x10 hub with the 108pt freehub and a 150x12 hub with the 32pt freehub, you could swap the freehubs without an issue.

FWIW its debatable that there were some inherent design issues with the 108pt freehub. That it only had 3 pawls and only 1 was engaged at a time was probably the biggest complaint - some people would break the pawls. But thankfully pawls are cheap and easily replaced.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I just learned from Hadley today that it was not in fact the pawls that were failing with the 108pt's but the main hub bearing (the only one they didn't make in house) that started coming out of spec from their supplier as its production was moved overseas from Japan to Taiwan. Their suggestion is obviously to keep an eye on that particular bearing or replace it with an Enduro-MAX bearing.

They're definitely a real pleasure to work with though. Glad I've got Hadleys on all my bikes.

ciszewski

Monkey
Aug 7, 2008
Brockville
Wouldn't that be considered a trike. Bike=two wheels trike=3 wheels. Even the little kids who only have one of those know that its a trike and not a bike :rolleyes:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
God I knew that one would come back to bite me in the ass one day.

And yes, it had a Hadley. Only a 36pt though. The engagement sucked...