Quantcast

Hafjell (NOR) 2013 World Cup #5

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
The weather is going to determine the winner for this one.

On a side note, I haven't seen much of sandwich the last few pages. I think he is welcoming a person into the world via his wife's cash and prizes region. Flame away at each other! Congrat sandwich.

project_d

Chimp
Dec 15, 2009
SoCal
Looks like Matti L is going. I hope he finishes this one.
He is going to the race, but I haven't read anything saying that he is going to race. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see him in the race, and if anybody can find anything where he says he's racing, please show me, cuz that would be AWESOME! But I don't think it's happening.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
he is going to the race, but i haven't read anything saying that he is going to race. Don't get me wrong, i would love to see him in the race, and if anybody can find anything where he says he's racing, please show me, cuz that would be awesome! But i don't think it's happening.
psp??

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
He is going to the race, but I haven't read anything saying that he is going to race. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see him in the race, and if anybody can find anything where he says he's racing, please show me, cuz that would be AWESOME! But I don't think it's happening.
looks like you're right : http://www.redbull.com/en/bike/stories/1331610210705/the-matti-lehikoinen-interview-part-2

"I'm going to the Norwegian round later this year but I haven’t decided if I’m going to race it or not. We’ll see."

edit - he's not on the entries list on the uci site, not sure if that is finalized or how late he can decide to race though.

edit 2 - looks like no racing for matti. bummed. http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/Norway-World-Cup-Mountain-Bike-Photos-and-Products,6360/Slideshow,0/sspomer,2

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
they have a this is peaty trackwalk vid on pinkbike, there matti says he would love to ride the track but will not race there.
Thank god he is not racing! He is such a nice guy and I would hate to see him injured again...and we all know this would happen if he races. ;)

Drth Vadr

Monkey
Oct 5, 2011
Thank god he is not racing! He is such a nice guy and I would hate to see him injured again...and we all know this would happen if he races. ;)
From Matti's Redbull interveiw, he's lucky to be alive. The facial reconstruction is obvious, reminds me of Kanya West.
Glad he made it out to hang with his friends, possibly ride the track in practice, but I don't think he will ever race DH again from the vibe of that interveiw.

Last edited:

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
So sad, dude was awesome. Such a shame he was also equally as awesome at getting injured. He has some fooking huge balls though coming back again and again after the wrecks he's had.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
The course looks amazing to me! Now cue the e-riders to tell me how it's too easy or too "bikepark". I love the mix of woods stuff and high speed, and the jumps look super floaty and fun from that helmet cam. It's pretty rare for me to sit through a whole helmet cam run but that was pretty entertaining.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
* not steep enough
* sun is at the wrong angle
* too many felines on course
* needs moar roots
* course is too long
* hi-speed, kamikazi section are ghey
* the jumps were not Richie Schley's idea

Would not bang.

1. Man of Stihl
2. Rainbow
3. 55" wheelbase
4. Man hands
5. Monster brows

Last edited:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
They should put Rob Warner as a follow cam on Claudio. I loved his track ride on the "wall of glass"

Bedlam

Monkey
Feb 13, 2010
Under ground
I honestly think that the Hafjell track is one of the tracks that reflects "modern" DH in the best way, some berms and nice jumps mixed with gnar forests. Pretty much everything that's fun to ride in one run!

I'm so looking forward to hitting the first part he shows in the vid (start of the lower half of the Rollercoaster-trail) on my trail bike this weekend, those jumps are rad. Looking at the fastest guys on the planet hit them and the rest of the park will not make the weekend worse.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
The course looks amazing to me! Now cue the e-riders to tell me how it's too easy or too "bikepark".
It's always funny when people think they can ride a WC track, or think their local stuff is "WC esque" or "mini-WC". Cracks me up. I've never seen ANY trail in person or pics/vids that has 50 foot tables 20 feet out of the start gate.

Also, Go Matti.

Last edited:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I guess we all like different styles - I find the Rat's riding much more visually appealing than CK's.
Kovarik has the riding style of a man who has eaten a lot of red meat.

"Rat" has the riding style of a 12 year old gay boy in comparison.

Also, I really don't know what language he's supposed to be speaking in those videos, but it sure as hell is not English.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Kovarik has the riding style of a man who has eaten a lot of red meat.

"Rat" has the riding style of a 12 year old gay boy in comparison.

Also, I really don't know what language he's supposed to be speaking in those videos, but it sure as hell is not English.
So much stupid, and typical classless gay boy comment thrown in too. Nice.

And some of you wonder why most threads these days are just the same 12 guys talking among themselves, grinding the same old axes, and a mod who still thinks adding 'derp' to everything he doesn't like is clever.

Last edited:

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC

And some of you wonder why most threads these days are just the same 12 guys talking among themselves, grinding the same old axes, and a mod who still thinks adding 'derp' to everything he doesn't like is clever.
Quoted for truth. Seriously, take a hike Hack.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006

Is that NOT the whole point of this forum??

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
It's always funny when people think they can ride a WC track, or think their local stuff is "WC esque" or "mini-WC". Cracks me up. I've never seen ANY trail in person or pics/vids that has 50 foot tables 20 feet out of the start gate.

Also, Go Matti.
I agree but you do realize very few WC tracks have 50foot tables?

@Lee - must spread rep.

Last edited: