Quantcast

haha... prom is on the 6th of may......

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
jimmydean said:
You have been dating the same chick in high school for 4 years? Are you insane? I didn't date the same chick in high school for 4 months! You are WAY too young to be in a commited relationship, you are missing out on some of the best things in life.

You should never put a high school relationship before ANYTHING. Prom is cool, but if you miss it, no big loss. But I guess the same could be saif for the first race, but there will be another race next year and going to prom after you have graduated is sort of creepy.
:stupid: Yea, Dirtjumper is retarded. Your a ****ing kid. Your not married, your in high school, go race your damn bike. Actually, dump your "girlfriend" tonight and go out and talk to the thousands of other women. Your way, way, way too young to be in any kind of involved relationship and even if you don't have the balls to dump her, atleast cheat on her once a week. And don't even tell me your in "love"...

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Sherpa said:
:stupid: Yea, Dirtjumper is retarded. Your a ****ing kid. Your not married, your in high school, go race your damn bike. Actually, dump your "girlfriend" tonight and go out and talk to the thousands of other women. Your way, way, way too young to be in any kind of involved relationship and even if you don't have the balls to dump her, atleast cheat on her once a week. And don't even tell me your in "love"...
There it is.

antimony said:
Not so much. The guy I was dating at the time was pretty much asexual. Better off though, cause he wasn't a very good lay anyway. I would rather remember my prom as having no lay than a crappy one. I just had so much fun with all my friends at the proms... and I love dancing!
And there lies the difference between men and women.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Proms just teach guys to think they can get laid by spending money on girls and teach girls they can get guys to spend money on them on the chance of getting laid. ;)

J

JRB

Polandspring88 said:
My good prom story...Senior year I was dating a girl. She hadn't been very nice to me lately (I won't get into the details, they are too fvcked up) so I dumped her about 2 weeks before prom. She was not too pleased as she had already bought a dress and all that, but hey, her fault not mine. So anyway, I took her then best friend to my prom, who went with me willingly and because she wanted to. Right before we went the ex-girlfriend texts me saying she is going to kill herself and calls up my date and yells at her for going with me. Awesome way to start the night, but I ended up having an awesome time, and it was the sweetest, most deserved revenge ever. I ended up dating prom date too, so that made things even better.

I guess as light hearted as you are, she didn't kill herself.

J

JRB

binary visions said:
I kind of thought that you were in HS in that pic. That's all.

Your story was fine, antimony. I was just hoping for more.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
loco said:
I guess as light hearted as you are, she didn't kill herself.
I was waiting for the end with "so I continued to date the chick because my ex killed herself that night while I was nailing her friend in the back of the limo..."

Jabuttri

Monkey
Sep 16, 2005
Bellingham & Portland
Polandspring88 said:
My good prom story...Senior year I was dating a girl. She hadn't been very nice to me lately (I won't get into the details, they are too fvcked up) so I dumped her about 2 weeks before prom. She was not too pleased as she had already bought a dress and all that, but hey, her fault not mine. So anyway, I took her then best friend to my prom, who went with me willingly and because she wanted to. Right before we went the ex-girlfriend texts me saying she is going to kill herself and calls up my date and yells at her for going with me. Awesome way to start the night, but I ended up having an awesome time, and it was the sweetest, most deserved revenge ever. I ended up dating prom date too, so that made things even better.
Prom is a joke but damn thats cold.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Jeremy R said:
Prom issues aside, why would you travel from NC to Fontana, CA for that National with no lift? Seems strange.
Aren't you a young teen whose parents do not support your racing?
Were you REALLY planning to go to this race at all?
Just curious.
yeah i'm planning on going to all the norba races. alex (a sponsor) is providing all the transportation after the flight. and no my parents don't like my racing, but thats their problem not mine. i'm done worrying about what they like and don't like about me. there's really nothing they can do about me racing (18 yrs old), so i'm not worried.

but yeah here's the prom situation. i tryed to turn the tables on her, but she turned them right back on me and said "you don't think you'll have fun spending time with me?" so that got shot down. She's half black so she can get really, well, full of attitude sometimes. i asked her if she'd like to come to cali. with me, she said she'd think about it. (she loves cali.) so its all still on the knife edge.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Dirtjumper999 said:
yeah i'm planning on going to all the norba races. alex (a sponsor) is providing all the transportation after the flight. and no my parents don't like my racing, but thats their problem not mine. i'm done worrying about what they like and don't like about me. there's really nothing they can do about me racing (18 yrs old), so i'm not worried.

but yeah here's the prom situation. i tryed to turn the tables on her, but she turned them right back on me and said "you don't think you'll have fun spending time with me?" so that got shot down. She's half black so she can get really, well, full of attitude sometimes. i asked her if she'd like to come to cali. with me, she said she'd think about it. (she loves cali.) so its all still on the knife edge.
:rofl::trophy_br :rofl::trophy_br :rofl:

I'm glad you guys have such a great relationship. :wave:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sherpa said:
:rofl::trophy_br :rofl::trophy_br :rofl:

I'm glad you guys have such a great relationship. :wave:
I'm glad you think you know what kind of relationship they have based on one post on the internet. :rofl: :rolleyes: :rofl:

:stosh:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Dirtjumper999 said:

Alex, a "sponsor". He isn't in the Super Adventure Club is he?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Westy said:
Proms just teach guys to think they can get laid by spending money on girls and teach girls they can get guys to spend money on them on the chance of getting laid. ;)
some mod slap Westy w/ custom title of "Confucious"

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
You are in a lose/lose sitaution! As lame as proms are for us, they are pretty important to the opposite sex. Good luck with this...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Dirtjumper999 said:
yeah i'm planning on going to all the norba races. alex (a sponsor) is providing all the transportation after the flight. and no my parents don't like my racing, but thats their problem not mine. i'm done worrying about what they like and don't like about me. there's really nothing they can do about me racing (18 yrs old), so i'm not worried..
they could pull you off their health insurance policy (assuming you don't have yr own, is that a valid assumption?).

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
binary visions said:
I'm glad you think you know what kind of relationship they have based on one post on the internet. :rofl: :rolleyes: :rofl:

:stosh:
Based on the number of posts hes made on the intraweb about this "relationship", and the state of it, I think I can make a few assumptions.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
loco said:
I kind of thought that you were in HS in that pic. That's all.

Your story was fine, antimony. I was just hoping for more.
Sorry I couldn't offer more... maybe you should have taken me to prom... :evil:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
antimony said:
He would have spent all night trying to be involved in every conversation there, and he would have ignored you all night.
You were better off with the asexual.:rofl:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
proms suck. I'm not saying that blowing off your GF to go to a race is the smart thing either, but getting all dressed up in a Tux/Ballgown so you can dance to Black Eyed Peas is just dumb. Every year in college we actually had a Ball, complete with orchestra and real ballroom dancing. *That* was cool, and just played up the differences between HS and College.

However, you son are f'd. If you care about her, blow off the race (what are you racing, Jr X? Competing for the overall?). If she's cool and you think you can get away with it, talk about how you like the idea but want to make it all about her instead of it being a school thing. Suggest a romantic date/weekend including getting all dressed up (limo?) and go out for a night on the town. However, most likely she wants to go to the prom b/c she wants to be with her friends and just wants you to be there too.

Hey, if this is the most that you ever have to give up b/c of a girl, count yourself lucky.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
dante said:
proms suck. I'm not saying that blowing off your GF to go to a race is the smart thing either, but getting all dressed up in a Tux/Ballgown so you can dance to Black Eyed Peas is just dumb. Every year in college we actually had a Ball, complete with orchestra and real ballroom dancing. *That* was cool, and just played up the differences between HS and College.
I don't know. Sounds a bit stuck up to me. In high school there is prom, and that is the big deal for the age group. When one gets to college there will be different things for that age group, but it doesn't necessarily mean better. It's all in perspective. :rolleyes:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In college we had formals. I'd walk around campus in a cheap old suit a few hours before the event looking for random girls to take. The formals were little more than a cheap dinner then a private party where we'd get completely hammered on hard liquor. Good times.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Westy said:
In college we had formals. I'd walk around campus in a cheap old suit a few hours before the event looking for random girls to take. The formals were little more than a cheap dinner then a private party where we'd get completely hammered on hard liquor. Good times.
I didn't know you were a frat guy..... :think:

Or was this some sort of small college thing?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
antimony said:
I don't know. Sounds a bit stuck up to me. In high school there is prom, and that is the big deal for the age group. When one gets to college there will be different things for that age group, but it doesn't necessarily mean better. It's all in perspective. :rolleyes:
eh, maybe was just me. i wasn't really impressed by the prom, a couple hours of dancing to songs like "Saved the Best for Last" by Vanessa Williams. <shudder> the best part of the prom is the planning, the anticipation, dressing up and going out with friends (and signficant other), driving around afterwards in a limo causing trouble and coming in sometime as the sun's about to rise. the actual "prom" part comprised of bad food and crappy music was the low point of the evening.

dunno, sort of exemplified everything I couldn't stand about HS.

but then again, I did go to three of them, so maybe that's why I'm jaded. :oink:

and yes, Save the Best for Last was my prom song. Ugh. :nopity:

J

JRB

antimony said:
You would have never been the same. Jeremy R is wrong. I would have smothered you with fun. :D

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i dont plan to attend my schools prom. i dont really see the point in it as its just money down the drain. plus i have heard rumor of a bunch of restrictions being put into place that will make it all the more boring.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Ours was a song by ****ney Houston (pre-crack).
Our HS prom was actually held in a Gym. Ha ha.
I simply refused to go.
Turning the after parties out dressed in a t-shirt ruled though.
I have great prom memories even though I did not go.:)

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
alex works for x-fusion. and yeah are relationship is awesome. everyone calls us the ultimate couple at our school because we already act like we are married. but yeah she's mixed (black and white) and she can get really mean sometimes. but i love her to death, btw i've been trying to persuade her to come to the race with me, and so far she's starting to ease up, i think.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
sounds like she'd make you a good bodyguard if you ever make it back to hickory.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Jeremy R said:
Ours was a song by ****ney Houston (pre-crack).
Our HS prom was actually held in a Gym. Ha ha.
I simply refused to go.
Turning the after parties out dressed in a t-shirt ruled though.
I have great prom memories even though I did not go.:)
my prom night was spent in a rail buggy at the dunes in glamis california.
it kicked @$$ !!!