Quantcast

HAHAHA! People will sue over just about anything...

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Russian Astrologer Sues NASA Over Comet
Jul 5, 7:51 AM (ET)

MOSCOW (AP) - NASA's mission that sent a space probe smashing into a comet raised more than cosmic dust - it also brought a lawsuit from a Russian astrologer.

Marina Bai has sued the U.S. space agency, claiming the Deep Impact probe that punched a crater into the comet Tempel 1 late Sunday "ruins the natural balance of forces in the universe," the newspaper Izvestia reported Tuesday. A Moscow court has postponed hearings on the case until late July, the paper said.

The probe's comet crash sent up a cloud of debris that scientists hope to examine to learn how the solar system was formed.

Bai is seeking damages totaling 8.7 billion rubles ($300 million) - the approximate equivalent of the mission's cost - for her "moral sufferings," Izvestia said, citing her lawyer Alexander Molokhov. She earlier told the paper that the experiment would "deform her horoscope."

NASA representatives in Russia could not immediately be reached for comment.

Scientists say the crash did not significantly alter the comet's orbit around the sun and said the experiment does not pose any danger to Earth.
Whatever!

I should punch her in the throat for that stupid lawsuit. lol GREAT, now I have pain and anguish from reading about her stupid lawsuit

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
N8 said:
Are those as valuable as canuckistani money?
It's funny you should mention that. I've been monitoring the exchange rates and it's becoming harder and harder to buy stuff from Pink Bikers. I know I know, pinkbikers schminkbikers... but it was another way of getting cheaper parts. However, now w/ the exchange rate, it's not coming out right anymore... www.xe.com

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
Pau11y said:
It's funny you should mention that. I've been monitoring the exchange rates and it's becoming harder and harder to buy stuff from Pink Bikers. I know I know, pinkbikers schminkbikers... but it was another way of getting cheaper parts. However, now w/ the exchange rate, it's not coming out right anymore... www.xe.com
what are you talking about you can still get a sweet DH bike for a reasonable
5000 maple leafs

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
firetoole said:
what are you talking about you can still get a sweet DH bike for a reasonable
5000 maple leafs
....I mean for US folks to buy goodies from CA.

It used to be like 0.68 to 1.00, USD to CAD about 10 years ago. Now it's like 0.85 to 1.00, USD to CAD. And w/ George W jr. at the wheel, we should see the day of 1:1 real soon.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
Pau11y said:
....I mean for US folks to buy goodies from CA.

It used to be like 0.68 to 1.00, USD to CAD about 10 years ago. Now it's like 0.85 to 1.00, USD to CAD. And w/ George W jr. at the wheel, we should see the day of 1:1 real soon.
Canada, The leach of the US

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Sometimes I wonder how my life would be different if I was a moron...Being sooooo stupid I didn't even know any better.....sigh...

"Duuuhhhh.....I'm stupid...puhleeze help me sue for messing up my horoscope and now I'm mentally wetoddidd....cause of NAWSAW....dddeeeerrrrrrr......space dust!! YAY!!!"

Ya know....this kinda reminds me of my job....being smarter than most everyone here and being able to actually think things through is really more effort than it's worth....I should change jobs and just play stupid all the time so I have no responsibilities and no one expects any more of me...that'd RAWK!!

:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i hate it when my horoscope gets deformed. i... just don't know what to do when that happens

<runs away and sobs in corner>