Quantcast

half link chain help.

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
I just bought a KHE half link chain to use an MTB. I got the chain home and tried to put it on and... its too short. Gearing 32X16 on 26" and cannot be changed nor can chain stay length. Can I get individual links some where without buying another chain? Does anyone have some spare links they want to get rid of?

Any help would be much appreciated.

ulockjustice

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
the shadow conspiracy half link chain comes plenty long enough. i have a 33 x16 on a mob and had 6ish links or so to spare. get that one instead

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I bought a Shadow chain and can't use it on my 20". The chain is a 3/32", and most BMX stuff is 1/8" Most mountain stuff is too. Not a problem, just something to keep in mind.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
I bought a Shadow chain and can't use it on my 20". The chain is a 3/32", and most BMX stuff is 1/8" Most mountain stuff is too. Not a problem, just something to keep in mind.
you sure about that? shadow is a bmx company, why would they make a 3/32 chain..? i couldnt find anything on the web about \it.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Where did you find a 3/32" Shadow chain? I didn't know they made them in the thinner size.
I ordered one from Danscomp. For my new bike I accidentally ordered a 3/32 chainring (profile imperial) and an 1/8" driver for the hub, the Shadow chain only works with the front chainring, it doesn't sit on the driver corrrectly.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
how did it not fit on teh driver? was it a 9t and was the chain the original shadow and not the v2? because shadow never made 3/32 (thats mtb standard). they said the orignal half link chain didnt work well with 9th drivers

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Honestly, the shadow chain looks cool and appears to be strong, but it's a pain in the ass. From my experience, a regular chain is just as strong, if not stronger, lighter, and much easier to remove and install. Check out the KMC Z510HX for a solid chain.