Quantcast

Half Links for chain, local

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
Anyone know of a local bike shop that has half links for mtb chains? I was going to order 2 from here, but shipping would be $8.

I know, I am a cheap bastard....but I hate to pay more for shipping than what the actual products costs.

TIA

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Your LBS should have some lying around if they have a shop. Were to you live, I might be able to point you in the right direction.

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
Germantown MD, 3 shops in the area (Germantown, Gaithersburg) are a no go.
-Performance
-Gaithersburg Cycles
-Hudson Trail Outfitters

do you have a shop in mind rpk1988?

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
jmvar said:
Germantown MD, 3 shops in the area (Germantown, Gaithersburg) are a no go.
-Performance
-Gaithersburg Cycles
-Hudson Trail Outfitters

do you have a shop in mind rpk1988?
Perhaps I do. Check out Princeton Sports. Either location, Ive been up there a "couple" of times.... and i think they have some half links back in the shop. :thumb:

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
rpk1988 said:
Perhaps I do. Check out Princeton Sports. Either location, Ive been up there a "couple" of times.... and i think they have some half links back in the shop. :thumb:
thanks for the lead rpk1988, my father lives in Bal-di-mer and I am going to visit him this weekend. I will swing by that place and check it out.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
jmvar said:
thanks for the lead rpk1988, my father lives in Bal-di-mer and I am going to visit him this weekend. I will swing by that place and check it out.
Yea well I live in Columbia and I am pretty sure I saw some half links to chains back in the shop. What kind of chain is it for? Yea if they dont have any, then get them to order one. But I swear I saw some at the Columbia store when I was there.

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
hey rpk1988, I swung by Princeton sports yesterday like 5 minutes before they closed and found the links I needed. That place is really nice and the people working there were really cool even though I came in right at closing before the big game. Good place, if you guys haven't been there I suggest you check it out if you are ever in Columbia.

Sure enough I was in there and I remembered that a local monkey works there, Zach aka SRFUGHDPFBCHFYTRIDMFNDLFUGBFLEODHFLE. That is not really his handle name but it might as well be, just messing you you Zach :) Zach, or anyone else who might have Adam's (who is in South Africa) email, if you cound email it to me I would really appreciate it.

Will, I got an extra link if you want it.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea trust me I have been there before. Zach's handle is Sguhrofst8 if that is what you were looking for. haha. Yea it is a really nice store. Who helped you out in the shop? I told you they would have some. I live like 3 minutes up the street.

JMVAR, I have been there before trust me, I work there. hahaha

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I just found some in Revolution in Georgetown. I picked up a 1/8" x 1/2" but he asked what size I needed which leads me to believe they may have them in 3/32" too.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
BikeGeek said:
Yeah, I'm sure he has. I just posted 'cause the little buggers seem to be impossible to find sometimes.
I've got a few spares too, if anyone needs one, shoot me a PM.