Quantcast

Half links

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I like sausage links. I know where to find them and who makes them (Jimmy Dean). How about half links? You know to use when your chain is 1/2" too long or too short?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I actually found one at the local hardware store. Was in a drawer full of industrial chain stuff, there was one that was the same size as a bike chain. It did use a cotter pin so I did not use it fearing it would catch on my Singulator.

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
thread hijack in progress.

question about KMC half links, I put one on a 9 speed chain and the narrow side seems to be just a little wide and it makes the chain a little sticky on that link. Will this work itself out with a couple of rides? Chain is a SRAM 9 speed chain. I wanted to put the power link on the half link but that wasn't happening.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
jmvar said:
thread hijack in progress.

question about KMC half links, I put one on a 9 speed chain and the narrow side seems to be just a little wide and it makes the chain a little sticky on that link. Will this work itself out with a couple of rides? Chain is a SRAM 9 speed chain. I wanted to put the power link on the half link but that wasn't happening.
Sounds like it's a half link for a bmx chain (1/8"x1/2"). Standard derailleur chains are 3/32"x1/2"

J

JRB

If'n you want one for bmx and SS chains, I can get you some from the shop here and mail them to you.