Quantcast

***Ham Hangover GMT***

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I had a good sleep.
Later swore for about an hour trying to put a turbo oil supply/drain line on to a sandy, oily engine.
Ended up taking the studs out of the turbo and putting some grease on the gasket to hold it up, couldn't get the line up in to position without contaminating it otherwise.
Positive crankcase pressure engines FTL!
-8966867178164153180.jpg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Taxes done, just gotta give them a solid once over before submission. Money coming back my way, which is always nice.

Definitely feeling yesterday's ride in my nether regions. Time to whip them back into shape.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Was up until 3am :dead:

I don't foresee today being very productive, especially given that I forgot my laptop at home, which has some files open that I was working on.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys

Got up, fed the pups, too wet for walkies, so I made my lunch. Topped off my coffee, grab my lunch and laptop and head out. Just as I'm leaving the hood I realize it's very dead out. Fuck! I have the day off. :rofl:

If only I could go back to bed, damn. My fake shoes show up today, so I'm excited about that. I still need a heater for the shed, Wally World was a total bust, BiMart is my only hope.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Happy Monday Monkeys.

Lots of yardwork this weekend and no riding... but it leaves the week open, and the forecast looks to be excellent.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
FTS. Layla was sick enough to know she needed to go out, but not sick enough to vomit last night, but multiple times. I slept maybe 5hrs, but not in a block, last night. Today's gonna be rough.

Getting a new laptop from work, new tires for the Audi, and hopefully a nap before my 4pm meeting.

Edit: 4pm just cancelled. So getting a nap in today.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
hello peoples

looks to be a busy work day as I'll need to help out the outpatient people to get them out on time at the end of the day. (I'm on inpatient nominally.)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hai fronds

currently pooping

nice weekend. Won our first soccer game, mostly due to a new player who apparently spends all her free time practicing. We are the scrub team so she will likely be pulled from us next year. Hopefully my daughter will be moved up too, as she is more focused than the rest of the booger eaters and patty cakers

Got my son on the trailer finally and he loved it, so our summer will be spent tooling around the new bike paths together. Rode to the school and back then went out with the intention of punishing myself which seemed to work out.

had fresh kielbasa for dinner then went to bed early. How are you?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Yesterday's prime rib was likely the best I've ever had, solidly on par with a mid tier ribeye. Have leftovers for lunch, and zero plans of being productive today.

Dropping off tax paperwork this evening, expecting to owe "build a killdozer" levels of taxes, yay.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
whatwhatwhat
AMI went bankrupt a while back. Given the complexities of huge companies, I'm not totally clear how much is, "AMI reorganized a bunch of assets" and how much is, "someone purchased AMI's assets."

The Arena Group now owns the Bike brand (they also own Sports Illustrated, I believe).

I sent a couple inquiries to AMI about buying Ridemonkey after their bankruptcy announcement, but was flatly rejected.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Old School cool...

1681144386424.png

Now that I'm "an old" (53) I think about all the odd shit that's lasted the test of time still in use:

My Sorrels I bought in '96 at Silver Creek ( -> Sol Vista -> Granby Ranch)

Nashbar bike tights from early '90s

My first thermarest from mid90s and an MSR water filter and whisper light stove from even earlier in the 90s.

I think my oldest still functioning gear is a 40 degree down EMS bag from '89.

I still have my first mtb ('91 Rock hopper comp) though it's not riding at the moment.

I suppose this speaks more to my pack rat / frugal ways than anything else but they don't make shit like they used to.

#Getoffmylawn

Last edited:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I still have my first mtb ('91 Rock hopper comp) though it's not riding at the moment.
at the park the other day one parent pulled up on a vintage mtb. old-ass wide splayed cantis, the ones that were basically horizontal with the big hanger thing in the middle on the cable to distribute the force in theory. pre-'96 XTR v-brake era certainly, so probably early 90s.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Seth’s Bike Hacks (mtb YouTube channel) just had a video about riding shitty old bikes being “fun” and “novel” so obviously that’s gonna be all the rage for the dad-duro crowd in a week or two.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Seth’s Bike Hacks (mtb YouTube channel) just had a video about riding shitty old bikes being “fun” and “novel” so obviously that’s gonna be all the rage for the dad-duro crowd in a week or two.
relevant: when I purchased a 1990s S Works on a lark when my Pivot's frame was getting replaced (don't recall it if was the instance for the front or rear triangle :D this time).

it was just awful. geometry so wrong, brakes horrible, Manitou 2 locked in low position due to some internal failure. I donated it to Goodwill that week.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Finished taxes yesterday - ended up a wash with owing the feds about the same amount the state is refunding us.

The whole tax process in this country is a goddam PITA - even with the software to "help" the process. :mad:
were it not for a wayward 1099R form.....i could have saved 240.00 from h&r blocks in store "help"....