Quantcast

***Ham Hangover GMT***

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Seth’s Bike Hacks (mtb YouTube channel) just had a video about riding shitty old bikes being “fun” and “novel” so obviously that’s gonna be all the rage for the dad-duro crowd in a week or two.
Oh Hell yes. I’ve still got an ‘08 Kona Dawg frame with a new chainstay and a rebuilt shock. Dolla dolla bill, y’all…

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Oh Hell yes. I’ve still got an ‘08 Kona Dawg frame with a new chainstay and a rebuilt shock. Dolla dolla bill, y’all…
Was just saying on yesterday's ride that I wish my 02 RFX didn't have outdated standards for just about everything, otherwise I'd build that back up and thrash it again. Maybe it's just the memories, cause the geometry is way outdated compared to today's measurements, but it never felt like a hindrance.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Seth’s Bike Hacks (mtb YouTube channel) just had a video about riding shitty old bikes being “fun” and “novel” so obviously that’s gonna be all the rage for the dad-duro crowd in a week or two.
The local shop does a group retro ride on old shitty bikes. They were Pit Vipers, neon, and drink shitty beer at the trailhead after the ride. It's highly stupid, but I may re-po my old Yeti 575 from my brother an capitalize on the trend.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Was just saying on yesterday's ride that I wish my 02 RFX didn't have outdated standards for just about everything, otherwise I'd build that back up and thrash it again. Maybe it's just the memories, cause the geometry is way outdated compared to today's measurements, but it never felt like a hindrance.
After riding a burly Specialized SX-trail as a DH and a trail bike, I knew I wanted something with a slack head angle and lower bb. There weren’t a lot of options save, the Dawg. Found a used frame and rode it for a few months before the Banshee Spitfire came out and changed trail bikes forever.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
The whole tax process in this country is a goddam PITA - even with the software to "help" the process. :mad:
The wife and I own a (very) small booze business. The amount of time spent filling out paperwork, filing taxes and renewing permits is nearly enough to make me want to pack it in. It also totally makes me realize why moonshine runners existed - not even kidding. Every time I think I get it figured out, we get a letter from some fucking govt bureaucracy asking us why we haven’t filed our tps forms with the cover sheet for the last 87 months.

:coolstorybrah:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wahoo! Got a new laptop. My new tires and on, and they be sticky (and quiet!). Now, nap time.

Neighbor just listed their house. Smaller, refinished as well, but par with ours, and ///Deck needs maintenance - over $1.1mm. That is fucking ludicrous. That would likely put ours slightly above that, which means it has doubled in 6yrs. That is completely obscene. Our house was built in 1990 and is getting into maintenance cycle timelines. Whatever; we're not moving anytime soon.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I think there's a gulf between asking prices and buying power at these ridiculous rates now, though...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
When we sell ours (built '87) it will be in "original condition"... :D
But at least it will be Jeffco. I'm not sure what belligerent assholes are proactively buying houses here that aren't already Boomers. Parker is where the reasonably priced DougCo houses are, not HR.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Oh it's going to be THAT kind of party?!

Based on some newspapers I found mine was built in the late 60s / early 70s and will be a tear-down (i.e. lot value) when I die ;)

Bought in for $110K straight cash homie 5 years ago, worth $300ish when/if I ever finish siding, windows and rOOOOOF.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
D5F60595-621F-47FE-AAB6-617D2F42E052.jpeg

how my day has gone. Was pretty easy putting this fountain together. Had enough time to move some stuff around, get a tree branch out of a tree 30 feet up, rip up some stumps and toss some rocks around. Good times. Now picking a kid up at school.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
We got our first Turkey egg today...

Also zoom boom for the win! You rent that sucker??
did you eat the turkey egg? I only ever liked them hard boiled.

ya rented it. I love the things and kinda wish I owned a small one. One can do a lot of work quick or destroy a bunch of stuff. They tear up old motor homes in a hurry in prep for scrap.