Quantcast

hamas is now certifiably insane

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
fluff said:
Do you really think that's what it's about?
Religion is indeed what runs the entire area. The muslims hate the jews, the jews hate the muslims. The israelies wanted land at the birthplace of their religious beliefs. They share the same holy sites.

I'd say that it would be accurate to say that religion was at the very root of their problems.

6th graders handle their disagreements more maturely then these guys do.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
JRogers said:
And because you don't believe what they do, this makes their conflict is a total joke?
Killing each other over a barren piece of land for no apparent reason or because they don't share the same beliefs is a total joke, yes.:rolleyes:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Transcend said:
Killing each other over a barren piece of land for no apparent reason or because they don't share the same beliefs is a total joke, yes.:rolleyes:

Yep same here.... I'm beyond caring about either side really. Both sides are hypocrites and appear to genuinely enjoy harming others with only passing lip service to civilised humane behavior.

So to me it is now only a morbid spectator sport/blood sport. Neither side behaves like an adult or with honnor, so I shall not waste respect on them. :nopity:

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Transcend said:
It ain't barren and it ain't about religion.

Jews and Arabs lived in peace in Palestine for many years until the last century (and many Arabs do still live pecefully in Israel.

It is about displaced people, forcibly driven from the places where they had dwelt for generations.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
The whole situation depresses me. Once you think one side is doing something commendable, they screw it up by either bulldozing something, or the other side blows themselves and some others up ruining everything. I'm no expert on middle eastern affairs, but as many have said, it's hard to give a **** about either side anymore. Beyond understanding.

Kind of makes you want to buy an electric car, build a wind farm, flood a few hundred square kms of forest for hydro power plant and forget about the middle east altogether.

Would anyone here miss the middle east? Honestly? Apart from the news networks of course...

I don't know any Palestinians, or Israelis. I'm sure we'd get along fine though. But if they were lucky/enlightened enough to make it to the western world, I bet they'd agree. At least partly...

Apart from the humanitarian side of things, why should we care about that part of the world? I can't get over the "I'm going to blow myself up today" gap.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
infidel

Da Peach said:
The whole situation depresses me. Once you think one side is doing something commendable, they screw it up by either bulldozing something, or the other side blows themselves and some others up ruining everything. I'm no expert on middle eastern affairs, but as many have said, it's hard to give a **** about either side anymore. Beyond understanding.

Kind of makes you want to buy an electric car, build a wind farm, flood a few hundred square kms of forest for hydro power plant and forget about the middle east altogether.

Would anyone here miss the middle east? Honestly? Apart from the news networks of course...

I don't know any Palestinians, or Israelis. I'm sure we'd get along fine though. But if they were lucky/enlightened enough to make it to the western world, I bet they'd agree. At least partly...

Apart from the humanitarian side of things, why should we care about that part of the world? I can't get over the "I'm going to blow myself up today" gap.

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
I'm not clicking on that al-fetah site.You know the government has that carnivore program watching !