Quantcast

hamburger recipes

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I have been thinking alot about this recently, since I watched a burger cookoff show.

I was thinking of experimenting with chopping up some good beef jerky, reconstituting it and mixing it in with some good ground chuck/round. Cooking it over hickory smoke. Then topping that with some nice Chipotle Mayo, Pepper Jack Cheese, then green leaf lettuce, tomato, etc.

Put that on some sort of crusty bun.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I do mine up with some chopped up jalapenos, garlic, sauted onion, and blue cheese. Top with some swiss, more onions, and salsa for a very tasty burger.

I think adding blue cheese to anything involving red meat is the way to go. It adds an extra flavor and texture that really improves a burger.

The Ito

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
ito said:
I do mine up with some chopped up jalapenos, garlic, sauted onion, and blue cheese. Top with some swiss, more onions, and salsa for a very tasty burger.

I think adding blue cheese to anything involving red meat is the way to go. It adds an extra flavor and texture that really improves a burger.

The Ito
Alot of times I will add bleu cheese compound butter to the middle of a burger patty so i can cook them well done and still have some moisture. Most of the time though it simply makes them too round to be good on burgers.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Tenchiro said:
Most of the time though it simply makes them too round to be good on burgers.
Then you just need to have your local baker make you up some sourdough catchers mitts. :drool:

oh, and if I'm feeling lazy and don't want to spend a lot of time fixing up burgers I'll just mix in a package of taco seasoning with the meat. Cheap, fast and yummy.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Will you be grinding your own meat or just buying hamburger at the local grocery store? If you are going to make a really tasty burger, grind (half and half) chuck and sirloin. Then add to it a little salt & pepper, garlic (I like to use fresh minced), some finely chopped onion, a splash of worstershire sauce and for some spice chopped jalapenos.

Just before it's done cooking, add cheddar cheese & bacon. Serve it on a lightly toasted sourdough bun topped with some lettuce & a tomato and you're golden.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
TreeSaw said:
Will you be grinding your own meat or just buying hamburger at the local grocery store? If you are going to make a really tasty burger, grind (half and half) chuck and sirloin. Then add to it a little salt & pepper, garlic (I like to use fresh minced), some finely chopped onion, a splash of worstershire sauce and for some spice chopped jalapenos.

Just before it's done cooking, add cheddar cheese & bacon. Serve it on a lightly toasted sourdough bun topped with some lettuce & a tomato and you're golden.
yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ononecog

Chimp
Mar 23, 2006
Mix equal parts red cooking wine and worcestershire sauce,

baste the burger while you grill it, when I am grilling alot I put this
concoction in a spray bottle and spray it on......

add your favorite condiments after you grill it to your liking.

John

Raacerx

Monkey
stinkyboy said:
I like finely chopped jalapenos mixed in the meat prior to cooking. Use habaneros if you have the huevos...
Although its been said, another thumbs up for chopped jalapenos, although I leave mine pretty course and not to finely chopped. Little bit of minced garlic, a ton of pepper, little salt, onions, and your general "steak shake" stuff. Cook them with your onions and mushrooms (dont cook mushies too much) and some more chopped jalapenos.

Then add: Swiss cheese, fresh garden salsa, few strips of bacon, lettuce, add half cooked and half uncooked mushrooms and onions, and finally, the most important ingrediant, a huge dollop of overflowing guacamole.

Guacamole: My simple recipe goes as follows. 2 ripe Trader Joes Organic Avocados, cut into squares. teaspoon or 2 of virgin olive oil (balsamic once in awhile), lot of pepper and some salt, chopped jalapenos, fresh garden salsa (make sure this is good fresh thin salsa with a lot of tomatoes, I like Trader Joes Hot), and some lime juice (or lemon). Mash together with fork, add to taste.

Serve burgers with tortilla chips or be weird and eat your hamburger with a tortilla! Make sure you have your favorite brew on hand. Anderson Valley Brewing Co's Boont Amber Ale ranks as my all time favorite, but Rogues Hazelnut Nector Ale or Samuel Smith's Hazelnut Ale is close behind.

PS. If I am eating my burgers with a bottle of something red, I will add some red when cooking the burgers. If with beer (most often), I will sometimes add a little bit of a light crappy beer.