Quantcast

Hand print access at work

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
golgiaparatus said:
Crazy chit... our new "time clock" basically tracks how long you are heae every day... is a hand print machine... you have to put your hand on this pad to get in. Wave of the future.
Yeah, we got that too. The "HandPunch 4000A"

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I fill out my timesheet by hand and turn it into a lady in Accounting. Totally state of the art.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
golgiaparatus said:
Crazy chit... our new "time clock" basically tracks how long you are heae every day... is a hand print machine... you have to put your hand on this pad to get in. Wave of the future.
wow. and to think here in consulting world its "work your 40 per week, however you'd like"

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Craw said:
I fill out my timesheet by hand and turn it into a lady in Accounting. Totally state of the art.
Actually we're only one step above that, I enter it into an excel spreadsheet then hand it in.
:)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
:stupid:

And that is NEW for the city...I have a freakin typewriter in my cube! a TYPEWRITER! how the hell do you use one of those????
Apparently soon we will have some type of computer system or something... we will still manually enter information into it though.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
We have a cool swipe card deal that "is supposed to protect us, and also keep track of who is in the building in the event of an em,ergency..like a fire".

3 small issues though...

1. Its just taught us we need to be clocked in for a certain amount of time... what you do when here means little.
2. People still leave side doors in so mr AK47 can always get access
3. When there is a fire, who is the sorry sap who has to wait for the printer to dump out the "in/out" report??....

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I keep track of all of my billable and non-billable time on a sheet of paper based on 6 minute intervals (.1 of an hour) throughout the day. Each day (we're supposed to, but I'm lucky if I do it every two weeks) we input the time into a nifty dos-based computer program.