Quantcast

Handbars for bmx?

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
i have just realized that my bmx bike has to low of hand bars and now im thinking that is why i didnt like it for bmx as much
so if you have any good bmx hand bars that are under 40 dollars it would be cool to tell about it and pic would be very nice please.

im looking for hand bars that are big so that i can finss the bike better and jump beter with more control i have a Spezied Vegas, i think the 1999 model so thanks for your help. :o:

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
S&M makes good bars and they're right at the $40 price point. The Slam bars are the biggest ones they make - and by current standards they're gigantic.

If you want taller bars that are still pretty narrow, I'd go with the Berringer bars, which are the same height at least.

Lastly, if you're a weight freak, S&M also has the RV bars, which are the same size as the Slams, but made with thinner tubing so they're lighter. Be warned, they bend much more easily as well.

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
Ill look in to it thanks, yeah i think new handle bars will be nice, but there are this werid people on my street that think that i dont use it any more and where going to take it and use it for a new bike for they 8 year old i dont know what to say to them its werid but i would like to keep my bike i use it to get to school in back and after i get new hadle bars i can dirt jump it again better and smother.:( :confused: :eek:

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
Originally posted by freerider215
well he rides a 99 vegas, i doubt he's too concerned with weight. get the slams, hands down
Yeah i dont care about weight but if i could i would love a lighter BMX bike its so heavy i dont like it for that.