Quantcast

handguns...........

May 25, 2006
I don't carry it ever, nor do I keep ammo in the house. It actually stays locked up in a hard case which is in turn locked in the garage.
I inherited this Colt Lawman MKIII .357 from my grandfather on the day I got out of basic Training for the AirForce and started as a LE troop.

He worked for the CA Dpt of Corrections for 35 years.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
colt 45 combat commander.
w/hollow points.

don't leave home without it.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
undertheradar said:
Nostalgia and target practice. Nothing more.
I understand you having your grandfathers and keeping it secured, but people that just walk around with a gun is really sad. I've lived in the tweaked out downtown in the 7th largest American city for years and have never had to shoot anyone.

If you want to have a gun battle and risk your life over the contents of your wallet, you've got bigger problems.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
stinkyboy said:
I understand you having your grandfathers and keeping it secured, but people that just walk around with a gun is really sad. I've lived in the tweaked out downtown in the 7th largest American city for years and have never had to shoot anyone.

If you want to have a gun battle and risk your life over the contents of your wallet, you've got bigger problems.
:stupid:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
stinkyboy said:
trust me. where i build trails and ride, it's a nessecity.
when you're up there building alone during the middle of the week.
the place can be crawlin with old time local boys who resent the fact that the land that their families used to own was swindled away by the coal co's.
and now that the coal has played out, it's been turned into a huge o.h.v. area.
and to make it even worse for them. the choicest section of land up here is the area they gave me to build downhill trails on. and it pi$$es them off to no end that they can't get in there to rip it up on their a.t.v.'s
therefore i've had my share of those ambushin ba$tard$ at odds with me.
if you think i suck on the internet, just try to mess with me or my trails.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
dhbuilder said:
trust me. where i build trails and ride, it's a nessecity.
when you're up there building alone during the middle of the week.
the place can be crawlin with old time local boys who resent the fact that the land that their families used to own was swindled away by the coal co's.
and now that the coal has played out, it's been turned into a huge o.h.v. area.
and to make it even worse for them. the choicest section of land up here is the area they gave me to build downhill trails on. and it pi$$es them off to no end that they can't get in there to rip it up on their a.t.v.'s
therefore i've had my share of those ambushin ba$tard$ at odds with me.
if you think i suck on the internet, just try to mess with me or my trails.
I comprende, having been to WV before. It can be pretty creepy off the beaten path and I don't get creeped out very easily.

That said, I don't carry a pistol unless traveling to or through WV. BTW, PHX is not scary at all for an urban environment. I'm more fearful of North Carolina housing projects.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
MisterClean said:
PHX is not scary at all for an urban environment.
I agree for the most part, but next time you're here I'll see if you can make it through "the zone" unbeaten and still in possession of your bike.

:dead:

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
stinkyboy said:
I agree for the most part, but next time you're here I'll see if you can make it through "the zone" unbeaten and still in possession of your bike.

:dead:
I'll do it for money because I'm a bike whore. Where I ride through in Santa Ana on occasion is scary to many, but a speeding and scowling clydesdale is obviously more than they care to try and mess with. Oh yeah, and that's on a pimpy Schwinn Cruiser Supreme that they probably dream about turning into a lowrider bike.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
MisterClean said:
I comprende, having been to WV before. It can be pretty creepy off the beaten path and I don't get creeped out very easily.

That said, I don't carry a pistol unless traveling to or through WV. BTW, PHX is not scary at all for an urban environment. I'm more fearful of North Carolina housing projects.
there are quite a few very sketchy housing projects in most cities in North Carolina i have seen most of them after living here for 30 years.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
MisterClean said:
scowling clydesdale is obviously more than they care to try and mess with.
That's all it takes for me a lot of the time too. I also get confused with bike cops sometimes. Come around a corner into an alley and the crackheads just scatter. "Wait fellas, come back!"

:rofl:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
stinkyboy said:
That's all it takes for me a lot of the time too. I also get confused with bike cops sometimes. Come around a corner into an alley and the crackheads just scatter. "Wait fellas, come back!"

:rofl:
i used to live in houston. and we had a night time urban mt. bike training ride every wednesday. it was a little over 45mi. and covered some very shady ground.
i did it solo one night and as i was cutting across a park, ran up on just the scenario you've described. i rode into the middle of it faster they they or i could react. they were just as startled as i was. and all i could blurt out in panic was, "it's cool it's cool i'm just passin thru."
i put the hammer down and tightened up just waiting for the pop pop pop that i thought would follow.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
biggins said:
there are quite a few very sketchy housing projects in most cities in North Carolina i have seen most of them after living here for 30 years.
The Fayetteville projects were crack central in the early 90's. We couldn't send an officer into either Groveview Terrace, or Campbell Terrace without a backup on any call, even in daytime. I've seen similar looking projects in passing (quickly) in Durham and Charlotte.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
BuddhaRoadkill said:
Kel-Tec PLR-16 Long Range Pistol 223

Well ok, I don't really have one. But it sure looks fun. :cool:

Only if you suck at hitting your target and need to spray the area with lead....

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
taurus PT 111 9mm subcompact.

kinda like that but with pearl grip inserts.
Also have this:

What I carry really depends on the weather and wether or not I'm on the motorcycle.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
johnbryanpeters said:
Bear? Maybe. Coyotes? Unlikely.

Actually, its not too uncommon for a Hiker to get killed by a pack of Coyote's, A Pack that is solo Coy will leave you be, but a Hungry pack will take tehre chances. That said Model 13 Smith and Wesson .357 Jacketted softnose rounds for out on the trail, i like these because they will most defenitly stop a bear/Coyote Mtn lion Etc. At home its loaded with Glazer safety rounds, Full force knock down, yet they Disintegrate when passing through a wall

<Yes i am Certed to carry>

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
dirtydirtysouf said:
its not that ill fight over what is in my wallet, ill give that up......its carried incase they want my life or my lady's life......
If you pull out a gun while someone's pointing a gun at you, they probably will take your life and your wallet. Otherwise you'll likely just lose your wallet. And if you're like me, you can live without the $3.00 that was in it.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
jaydee said:
If you pull out a gun while someone's pointing a gun at you, they probably will take your life and your wallet. Otherwise you'll likely just lose your wallet. And if you're like me, you can live without the $3.00 that was in it.
I agree, eh.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Cash-Money said:
agreed. I'd never pull a gun on anyone over my wallet, hell probably not even my car. But try and touch my girl, or my little sister [walter]you're entering a world of pain[/walter].

Excellent quote

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
ALEXIS_DH said:
because, like jeremy clarkson said, in the american wilderness you can still get eaten by a bear or coyotes while taking a walk.
I was about to ask if you were retarded, when I realized I had mistaken you with the Amish because of the similar avatar. He would have said that and been serious.

benno

Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
jaydee said:
...since we all know each other.
Cause you're all related? Or do you all 'know' each other in the more biblical, carnal sense of the word?

Oh wait - it's both! :rofl:

Say hi to your mum for me.