Quantcast

handguns...........

dirtydirtysouf

Deletated
May 23, 2006
the ghetto of winston-salem, nc
jaydee said:
If you pull out a gun while someone's pointing a gun at you, they probably will take your life and your wallet. Otherwise you'll likely just lose your wallet. And if you're like me, you can live without the $3.00 that was in it.
i have been to training schools for CQB and have learned many things about selfdefense against the type of jacker that wants my wallet......but like i said, ill give up my wallet and car keys without a fight, JUST NOT MY LIFE

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
jaydee said:
If you pull out a gun while someone's pointing a gun at you, they probably will take your life and your wallet. Otherwise you'll likely just lose your wallet. And if you're like me, you can live without the $3.00 that was in it.
If someone already has a gun pointed at you, the dynamics of the fight are totally different. If someone has a gun on someone else.............
Anyhow, carrying a gun (legally) will make you the most polite, demur person in the room, but when backed into a situation with no way out....
I have had to pull my gun twice to avoid a serious physical confrontation from which I may not have been able to win. Never had to fire (thank god), but when I found myself surrounded and my girlfriend being severly harassed you better believe it came out in a hurry (i can draw and bear in about 1-1.5 seconds)

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
dirtydirtysouf said:
i have never had to pull mine but i have exposed the handle of my .45 to end the conflict. i hope i never have to use it, it will be a sad and scary day in my life
I don't believe that. I think all gun people deep down are just ITCHING to have to go all Wyatt Erp....

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
MMike said:
I don't believe that. I think all gun people deep down are just ITCHING to have to go all Wyatt Erp....
and i think deep down all gun control advocates want everyone to use plastic utensils and live in padded rooms with velcro shoes....:rolleyes:

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
untitledsince89 said:
who said anything about need? but its sure awesome as hell such a thing exists, ya know just in case u need to shoot 2, 8 hell 25 people really fast:rolleyes:
Good luck hitting one unless he's less than 15 ft in front of you.

Still, I've been plaining to get my arms license up here, and will probably pick up a USP, 228, or a 17 for range and comp use only.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
on duty

off duty/backup (usually carried on my leg when on duty)

similar version and mods as my patrol rifle (for when it really hits the fan, usually in those famed NC housing projects ;) )

i carry when i'm off duty because, for some odd reason, some of the people that i arrest just don't like me :confused: ;) and in a town this size...(big enough to have city benefits but small enough to run into the guy i arrested last week when i'm at the mall), the chances of me having a bad experience with my family present are greater than most.

this isn't really the place to debate the "gun issue" and one can do a quick search to find every viewpoint under the sun that has already been discussed on this site.

if you're responsible enough to carry then carry, but if you're the type that likes to let it show once in a while to feel big and bad....i hope you have a good triple retention holster 'cause somebody bigger and badder is going to snag it from you.

get 'em started young :thumb:

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
When I carry I carry a H&K USP compact .45, on duty I carry a Beretta 96D, I shoot compition with a Springfield XD-9, 9mm with a 3# trigger,and slide work,but I own a mossberg Tactical shotgun, AR-15(M-4) tricked out ,and a Remington 700 LTB w/ 10x40 scope and bipod(sniper rifle),a Dragunov SVD russian sniper rifle(I'am retired military, and a federal police officer)

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
manimal said:
"if you're the type that likes to let it show once in a while to feel big and bad....i hope you have a good triple retention holster 'cause somebody bigger and badder is going to snag it from you"
Very good advice. Lots of crazy people out there with no fear of gunplay.

manimal said:
get 'em started young :thumb:
:thumb: Guns are a part of life. Education is everything. I don't carry a firearm because I don't need to. If I needed to I would though.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
awesome pic of lil manimal!
Hey manimal, how do you like the trigger feel on that taurus subcompact? Mines so vague I don't know when it's getting ready to fire, vague and very stiff throughout the movement. Thinking on going back to my colt.

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
i'm repping two of these at all times..whatcha know about that? sry im done acting gansta..keep it penthouse

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I got one of theas

and one of thease

and 2 of theas one with a 4 inch barrel and one with a 6

and 2 of thea

and a nice big 44 mag

and this one

Edit; there is also something simaler to this around too

and there are more long guns too
and some 22 handguns

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
TheMontashu said:
I got one of theas

and one of thease

and 2 of thea

and a nice big 44 mag

and this one

and some 22 handguns
playing in daddies closet?..........

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
MMike said:
That's "Earp". Wouldn't want you to get a cap in yo ass for a typo.

R

richcreek

TheMontashu said:
I got one of theas

and one of thease

and 2 of thea

and a nice big 44 mag

and this one

and some 22 handguns
You need a scope on a shotgun?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
richcreek said:
You need a scope on a shotgun?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That isn't a pic of my 3gun shotgun, the one I have is almost the same jest without the red dot wich is not a scope, it jest allows you to get on target a little faster. I will soon be geting something simaler to tactical rifle pistol and shotgun to put on the shotgun, the rifle already has it and the pistols balance will be thrown off.

R

richcreek

TheMontashu said:
That isn't a pic of my 3gun shotgun, the one I have is almost the same jest without the red dot wich is not a scope, it jest allows you to get on target a little faster. I will soon be geting something simaler to tactical rifle pistol and shotgun to put on the shotgun, the rifle already has it and the pistols balance will be thrown off.
Ok, just thought it was a scope, a red dot makes sence.

R

richcreek

atrokz said:
You need a fully automatic handgun??
don't really need it but it was a gift from the wife's father for christmas. really cool guy.:cool:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
O.K. - so I see that a lot of guys have been responding to this thread - haven't had the chance to read all the posts, but I thought I'd jump in here and show off my new piece:

That's one of the lab boys test firing it for me.

Yup - it's a prototype.

Still can't get it to print or fax yet...

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
I cant believe how many people on here own and carry hand guns its shocking but thean agian with our growing knife probelm i think more people are going to arm them selfs.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
ukjason said:
I cant believe how many people on here own and carry hand guns its shocking but thean agian with our growing knife probelm i think more people are going to arm them selfs.
isn't it illegal to be armed at all over there?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
noname said:
awesome pic of lil manimal!
Hey manimal, how do you like the trigger feel on that taurus subcompact? Mines so vague I don't know when it's getting ready to fire, vague and very stiff throughout the movement. Thinking on going back to my colt.
eh...it has a rubberband-ish feel. i'm not a fan of the DAO but it was cheaper than a glock 27 and is the same size.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
noname said:
isn't it illegal to be armed at all over there?
I guess it depends on your definition of armed.

You can get a licence for a shotgun (easy) or a rifle (harder), but you need a very good reason to be wandering around with it.

Handguns are a no-no unless you are in the police/military.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
fluff said:
I guess it depends on your definition of armed.

You can get a licence for a shotgun (easy) or a rifle (harder), but you need a very good reason to be wandering around with it.

Handguns are a no-no unless you are in the police/military.
Yeah that much I've heard but I thought I read something about not being legal to even have a knife on you. From what I hear you're not even supposed to defend yourself in your home?

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
manimal said:
eh...it has a rubberband-ish feel. i'm not a fan of the DAO but it was cheaper than a glock 27 and is the same size.
That was pretty much my rational behind it. My PT 92 is a really nice gun and I though the 111 would be too, I have to shoot it often just to be sure of the trigger feel, if I shoot something else then try to shoot the 111 I'm all over the place for the first few rounds.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Jeremy R said:
Do foreigners on the Subway get to carry guns just in case the Police decide to fill them up with lead? I mean it is self defense.
Look, clearly even appearing to be foreign is a good reason to be shot several times in the head by the police.

Some idiots even carry table legs around with them, you know, once they've been repaired and they need to take them home.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
noname said:
Yeah that much I've heard but I thought I read something about not being legal to even have a knife on you. From what I hear you're not even supposed to defend yourself in your home?
You should only use "reasonable force". Which is a grey area but does not include shooting people in the back as they are running away.

Knives are problematic if you have a really big one with no good reason - it is a fair assumption that you are up to no good.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
TheMontashu said:
I got one of theas
...and there are more long guns too
and some 22 handguns
Yet you don't have a dictionary. You know, the unabridged versions can cause some serious trauma if wielded properly, if that makes the idea any more appealing...

MD