Quantcast

Handlebar/Hand problems

NWS

Chimp
Sep 19, 2010
My hands were killing me before I switched to Ergon grips. I don't think the 'paddle' extensions matter as much as the overall thickness of the grips (not counting the extensions). I asked for recommendations for big grips before getting them, and tried ODI Rogues based on a suggestion I got, but Ergons are bigger (even not counting the paddles).

I don't understand how people put up with typical MB grips, I always feel like I'm holding onto pencils. I would seriously love to try something 1/4 to 1/2 inch bigger than normal, but I figure I'll have to make it myself.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
if i was in the market for a dh bike that has shifting issues, an apparently uncomfortable geometry and a seat that either has to be sky scraper high or tied to the top tube I'd definitely call you up.

You could probably find someone on yeti fan more than willing to take it off your hands
I hear ya, it just rides so damn good which is why its such a shame, i love the bike, but whats the point if you cant ride it, shifting issues were solved with 8 speed. Yetifan is where i plan to go, but i ask the local monkeys first.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
just giving you some grief, sure it's a great ride and it looks grand. Hope someone takes it off you and gives it a seatpost

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
I'be been having similar problems this year. I've had an uzzi for 3 years, then got a glory this last season. The glory rides great, but my hands and forearms have been significantly more fatigued while riding this year (I'm not just getting old). I've been riding more this year than the last couple years, too. I've had 66's on both bikes, but I just got a boxxer on the glory. We'll see if the taller front end helps out.

Funkster?

Chimp
Jun 21, 2007
I used to have this same problem, I'm a software developer so I'm probably dealing with some sort of carpal tunnel symptoms, but a couple of things that helped me where the Ergon GE1 grips and something like bar snake to deaden the handlebar vibrations. This combo has helped me alot with hand pain from multiple days in the Whistler Bike Park.