Quantcast

Handlebar position?

R

RaytheHammer

Hi everybody!
I wonder how you guys/gals setup your bars straight up and down, a bit forward , or a bit back. I've read they should be set straight but see pics of bars set differently and it seems that the bike would react differently if the bars were forward/back...
So how do you set them up and why?

steve

Chimp
Sep 18, 2001
Ghetto Hell
Most bmx'rs run their bars parallel with the fork, meaning back. Especially dirt jumpers. I'd start from there and see what you think. Whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do NOT put them forward, unless your license was just suspended for DUI or you are 5 years old. Haahahaa.

Seriously though, try running them back a little.

Sep 18, 2001
Marin County CA
i run my bars just slightly forward, i personally feel it gives me a bit more leverage. the funny thing is im not five nor has my licence been suspended for DUI, go figure.... (j/k)

steve

Chimp
Sep 18, 2001
Ghetto Hell
Yeah, actually I run my mtb bars a little forward too. I was refering to bmx bars. I guess I'm just giddy about my office party tonight. Open bar and my bonus after it's all over!!

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I personally run mine a little back from perpendicular to the floor...I would guess about 80 degrees.....you will have more control if you're not centered to far foward on the bike....take a look at how the pro's ride theirs..that's usually a good indicator.....D

S

seth399

I run mine back abit, but I mostly dirtjump and thats best for that, Id imagine I'll keep them about the same for racing too though

G

gravity

i run mine somewhere between parallel with the fork and vertical. i just like the extra knee clearance and overall leverage.