Quantcast

Handlebars

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
So I'm looking at stuff for my new bike -- which will be ready to build in 2 weeks.

I don't want to spend a lot, but frankly, I don't know a great deal about bars. I like the top more square so I can rest my forearms on the tops while grabbing the hoods.

So far, the best one I found from the limited selection at my LBS was Bontrager Race Lite. 2nd was Easton EC90 ("square" top?), but I see some 90s have a diagonal section between the tops and hoods or something and that felt weird. So maybe there are different 90s?

uhh, any suggestions?

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
The old EC90s, I have had a couple, had the diag. I actually like it since I don't do the forearm thing you do. I had the red one on my first De Rosa which was sold about a year ago. The 2nd (moved to the Strong when I got it) has the yellow one. Both were 26.4 dia. Now on the current De Rosa, it has the 31.8 EC90 Equipe which is more of the traditional (no diag). I don't like this bar as much as the drops are shallower than the older one w/ the diag. If I were to upgrade bars, I'd look into the FSA K-Wing carbons. Also, I like to ride the widest ones made since I'm so used to the 710mm risers of mt bikes. But I'm strange....so...

J

JRB

If the Bontis are flat tops, get them. I am liking them on my bike. I may get some 44s though. I have been rolling 46s.

Look for Origin8 if you order. J & B Importers carry it. I saw some nice flat top bars for cheap up in Dallas.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
FSA K-Wing carbons & Origin8... can you put tape on them? If I understand the FSA properly, you're not supposed to put tape on the top?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i like the long reach of my WCS bars. plus, i get just about a perfectly flat transition from the top of the bar to the brake hood, with the drops still being in good position.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
the Inbred said:
i like the long reach of my WCS bars. plus, i get just about a perfectly flat transition from the top of the bar to the brake hood, with the drops still being in good position.
exactly what I'm looking for, thanks!

Any particular model?