Quantcast

Hands up if you just took a horrible horrible exam and need beer

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i'll save mine till next week. 2 exams (one till 9pm), 3 late meetings (9:30-ish), group project, and a mid-term essay/report thing. and my girlfriend is coming down right smack dab in the middle of it all for one night only.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Spring break is now for me and I only have to get through Mon, Tues, and Wed until I get to go to Mt. Hood for snowboard team. Its been/will be a good week for me. :D

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
A couple days late, but I had a few congratulatory drinks on Monday. I'M DONE WITH THE CPA TEST BIOTCH!!!!!!!!! I was worried as s*** that I didn't pass this last part, but it turns out that I actually rolled it and smoked it. BOOYAH!!!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
congrats, man. are you working at a firm, or what?

i know a few people who failed to pass. my girlfriend takes it next semester.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
well, at least you're done. i accomplished something today, too: finished off the 24 hours of nurburgring and won the polyphony f1 car in gt4 :D . go me.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
the Inbred said:
congrats, man. are you working at a firm, or what?

i know a few people who failed to pass. my girlfriend takes it next semester.
Thanks. I'm working at a local firm in The OC. It's kinda odd how things have turned out though, I was told just two years ago (while still in undergrad) that I wasn't "Big 4" material. :confused:

Tell your gf this: The test really isn't as tough as it's made out to be. Her preparation should be difficult and tiring, the actual testing is the easy part. Let me know if either of you want more info.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
reflux said:
Thanks. I'm working at a local firm in The OC. It's kinda odd how things have turned out though, I was told just two years ago (while still in undergrad) that I wasn't "Big 4" material. :confused:
I don't know if you want to be Big 4 material. There are the only professionals more reviled than lawyers lately :D

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
reflux said:

Tell your gf this: The test really isn't as tough as it's made out to be. Her preparation should be difficult and tiring, the actual testing is the easy part. Let me know if either of you want more info.
the Deloitte interviewer told my g/f that her attitude was fake. during the interview! after that, she gave up on the Big 4 and decided to stick with middle-market (had a bad interview with KPMG, too). she's diggin' it so far.

i'll let her know what you said. 2 of the girls she works with did not pass the first time they took it, so that's kinda freaking her out. 1 of the girls got like 73 or 74 on the last part, when you need a 75, i think?

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
Me and stuntmatty are meetin for a ride at 12 down in the R. O. C. you guys should come out

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Update:

Met up with some friends and had my beer. They were watching Superstar. Lousy movie but had a couple good moments, mostly thanks to Will Farrell. Then we watched old SNL clips. Good times.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
I miss being a full-time student but exams (especially finals) are the one part I truly don't miss. With my crappy attention span I still don't know how I managed to study a week straight for 12+ hours a day....guess I just made up for it by sleeping 12+ hours for a day for a week after they were done!

Glad you got your beer...an after exam necessity!

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Silver said:
I don't know if you want to be Big 4 material. There are the only professionals more reviled than lawyers lately :D
He heh, I can't say I've looked at it that way. On the bright side, I truly enjoy my job right now, so I'm thinking life's turning out to be alright so far.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
the Inbred said:
the Deloitte interviewer told my g/f that her attitude was fake. during the interview! after that, she gave up on the Big 4 and decided to stick with middle-market (had a bad interview with KPMG, too). she's diggin' it so far.

i'll let her know what you said. 2 of the girls she works with did not pass the first time they took it, so that's kinda freaking her out. 1 of the girls got like 73 or 74 on the last part, when you need a 75, i think?
That doesn't sound like fun, but at least she got to the interview...

I don't know what her coworkers did, but I didn't take all four parts at the same time. I took two within a couple weeks of each other, and the remaining two with a couple months in between.

Yup, 75's to pass. The test really is what you make of it, I got my lowest passing score on the easiest section and my highest score on agruably the most difficult. Whatever, I would've been happy with 75's across the board.

And yeah, post midterm/finals binges are the best. :thumb:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
girlfriend wants to know if you took any prep classes (specifically Becker).

she said she's planning on taking all 4 parts, as did her coworkers. she'd rather have multiple anxiety attacks and pass 4 the first time around, than be relaxed and pass 2 at 2 different times.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
dude im not even going to bother putting my hands up cause i would have them up every waking moment cause i always need a beer. even if there is no special reason i just want a beer.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEER

IN THE IMORTAL WORDS OF HCM1