Quantcast

Hangover cures/remedies

B_A_MTBIKER

Monkey
May 4, 2004
Where the wild things are
Seeing as how this is a thread for alcohol consumption in large, I thought we should post various ways that we attempt to cure hangovers or at least remedy them.

For myself it is usually water, water, and more water. But when that isn't available I drink Pedialyte childrens drink, its good for getting back some electrolytes.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Sleep!

I also tend to drink a lot of water and try to eat a banana or two. I used to drink a gatorade and eat a banana before bed and very rarely got hangovers. Long cool showers also help to re-hydrate but I think sleep is the answer.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Brian HCM#1 said:
Water and about 3000 advil;)

I try to prevent it, drink plenty of water before going to bed. I also pop down a multivitamin, Aleve and an electrolyte tablet.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
how hung over are we talking?

a six pack hang over or a twelve pack hangover?
did you start drinking at 12:00Noon and go to bed at 3:00AM and get up at 6:00AM?
or did you start drinking at 12:00Noon but go to bed at 12:00AM and get up at 6:00AM?

sometimes I wake up drunk and there isn't much one can do to eleviate that pain.
water, water, food, lots of heavy food, water, water, and sleep unless I have to go to work, then just water, water, water.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
I drink about a gallon of water before I start drinking - then before bed I mix up some Endurox R4 and drink it - and in the morning - a RedBull - my GF told me that the reason the RedBull helps is it contains alot of iron. I thought she was just pulling my leg - but seriously it helps big time (unless, of course, you've been drinking RB mixed the night before and can't stomach it)

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
bong hits, bong hits and more bong hits are nice too, if I don't have to work.....

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
bloody mary with breakfast.

really the only thing that cures me is sweating and drinking lots of water. i like to run when i have hangover. if i can keep from vomitting it is quite effective.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
I like to wake up drunk(i find myself very amusing when i wake up drunk). That way i eat and drink a ton of water and feel fine.

If i sleep to long i'll get a hangover so I 'll wake up have a breakfast grilled cheese(eggs, bacon, cheese, hash browns all on buttered grilled bread :drool: ) a couple bong hits and i feel much better. :thumb:

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
llkoolkeg said:
They are nice... :drool:
I see your drool and I raise you! Good day sir! :drool: :drool:
Never tried Pedialyte, but all rave reviews.
I like orange juice (not from concentrate). The sugar gives me a real boost. I'll try to drink a good amount of it before I go to bed.

B_A_MTBIKER

Monkey
May 4, 2004
Where the wild things are
Lexx D said:
I like to wake up drunk(i find myself very amusing when i wake up drunk). That way i eat and drink a ton of water and feel fine.

If i sleep to long i'll get a hangover so I 'll wake up have a breakfast grilled cheese(eggs, bacon, cheese, hash browns all on buttered grilled bread :drool: ) a couple bong hits and i feel much better. :thumb:

Waking up drunk is a sweet feeling and an easier start to the day also, that way you can go around not feeling like sh!t and the hangovers are usually less harsh. :cool:

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
The only cure is more alcohol. Hangover = drug withdrawal. Get those blood alcohol levels back up and you'll instantly feel great.

Of course that's just delaying the inevitable.

Vitamins and lots of water makes sense too, since your body is full of toxins and depleted of some nutrients, and probably dehydrated. I bought hangover pills once, which did nothing for me, but they were just vitamins with like 3000% RDA of vitamin C.

Funky Monk

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
near El circulo Polar Arctico
There are hangovers which aren't exactly preventable though...like, 0.75 liters of hard liquor causes one...remember taking a shower shaking and not being able to stand...ended up sitting on the bathroom floor for like 2 hours... :dead:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
sometimes I think I am hungover but really, I just have alchohol poisoning.....

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
A hangover is a combination of dehydration and an insulin overdose due to the alcohol that is metabolized into sugars. This needs a bit more sugar to get rid of the insulin.

I found the best treatment is Red Bull. Lot's of sugar, stimulants (caffiene is good for the headache), vitamin B and low volume so your stomach can handle it.

That and stay the hell away from Jaeger!!!! :dead:

Mike

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Greasy food and water. Hashbrowns, eggs, salsa, tortilla, onions, bacon, sausage.....yummy....works every time. The cure that was recommended to me though by an RM guru was "sex the night before"....it works well.

The Ito

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
greesy food, a nice big couch, a bloody mary, some greens (for nutrition) and a big jug of water, and a red bull ought to cure it

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Pedialyte is good before sports too! It's like a different concentrate of gatorade

Honestly, I've had my fair shares of hangovers. I've tried drinking water, eating, just sweating it off.

The ONLY thing that's fixed it, is a cold one in the morning. Usually a beer, but it helps a ton in getting that hangover gone.

Also more importantly, you learn when to STOP drinking so you don't get a hangover! That is probably the best advice to say. Once you figure you "good" point don't pass it, you'll sleep good, and wake up nice and fresh. I think it depends on what you drink too. Lots of fruity girly drinks have tons of sugar in them, and that seems to give lots of people headaches and hangovers. You just gotta learn when to say enough is enough