Quantcast

Hannah Montana 3D review.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It wasn't bad if you know what you are in for going into it. There was a funny segment with dads racing in high heels for concert tickets for some radio station. The 3D is kind of a cool effect. $15 a ticket was still way cheaper then $300+ for a concert.

The saving grace was the
trailer. My daughter looked at me and whispered "that battle scene looks gnarly!". A classic moment in fatherhood for sure.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Anyone with a young daughter (mine is 7) will be exposed to it eventually. It could be a lot worse (ie Cheetah Girls).

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Y'all need to force feed your children some classics. I grew up on Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and North by Northwest. I now have great appreciation for my father, liberal democracy, the American landscape, piety, humility, sagacity and archaeology.
JD's daughter is 7yo. My niece is 4.5. I think those movies can wait a while.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Untrue. All girls should be introduced to Indiana Jones aged Harrison Ford, any age. (not) Surprisingly enough, there isn't an appropriate smilie for a swooning female.
What about Bond?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I don't know how anyone with Internet access would not know who it is, after the one biatch that told the daughter to lie to get the tickets.
I have internet access and do no know who/what Hannah Montana is. Often people like us do not know these things because we're busy doing grown up things.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You are obsessed with this hannah montana character. Luckily, I do not yet know who she is.
Hannah Montana is a fictional rockstar that is Miley Cyrus (Billy Ray's daughter) in a wig. She is Miley at school and at night she is Hannah. It's a show on Disney Channel. Yes, my daughter is obsessed with her. I have to say there are far worse tween idols out there, for sure. I am willing to sit through a bad 3D concert movie because I love my daughter.

Maybe that's hard for people to understand, but my parents love and supported me, so I love and support my daughter.

She also enjoys soccer, quads, horses, music that doesn't suck, reading, and a whole host of other things. But dreaming about being a rockstar is fun and I'm not about to make her see the movie alone or with a group of screaming 7 year olds unsupervised. So I sit quietly and enjoy watching my daughter sing along to the songs, pump her fist, and dance in her seat.

She has seen all 3 Indiana Jones movies, all 6 Star Wars movies, most of the LOTR series (she still gets scared at parts), and we read the Narnia series of books.

She is a well rounded 7 year old, I must say. At least she doesn't want to be like Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
So it's really Billy Ray Cyrus' daughter huh? Thank god I don't have kids yet.

BTW, I was not making any stab what so ever at your kiddo. Not my business in the least. I was making a stab at you old man, at you. ;)

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So it's really Billy Ray Cyrus' daughter huh? Thank god I don't have kids yet.

BTW, I was not making any stab what so ever at your kiddo. Not my business in the least. I was making a stab at you old man, at you. ;)
Oh, I know. I just want to be clear she is better off than my old ass.

Yes, Mullet man's daughter. Truth be told, she writes a lot (if not all, I'm not sure) of her own songs. I may not like the songs, but I give her credit for doing what most pop artists don't do. Her concert was the hottest ticket last year as well.

My folks NEVER listened to the music I listened to as a kid. I have made it a point to keep up with what my kids rock out to. If for no other reason than to just be aware. I know Bman listened to some serious crap years ago, but he and I like a lot of the same bands now that his tastes have matured.

Mad-Dog has started to like some stuff that I enjoy and it drives my wife nuts! :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
A bunch of my students were excited to go and see it this weekend. Syd's still too young for her, but as a whole I think she's one of the better tween idols our there now so I am glad your daughter had such a good time!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Oh, I know. I just want to be clear she is better off than my old ass.

Yes, Mullet man's daughter. Truth be told, she writes a lot (if not all, I'm not sure) of her own songs. I may not like the songs, but I give her credit for doing what most pop artists don't do. Her concert was the hottest ticket last year as well.
You know I think I saw a reality show about this girl at some point a couple of years ago when she was trying to get a record deal. I don't remember anything about Billy Ray Syrus but the name sounds really familiar. My parents never took me to see live music when I was young. I didn't see my first concert until I was 14 and a friend's mom took me. If/when I have kids I will definitely make sure they see live music. My time will come to sit through something like Hannah Montana, my time will come. :disgust1:

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
My dad went back to college when I was 10 and had to take a music appreciation class and one of the requirements was to attend 4 concerts of any type of music. My dad though this would be a great time introducing me to more culture and I went with him to a symphony, a pops concert, a gospel concert, and a rock concert. I enjoyed the music a lot, but most of all it was a chance to spend time with my dad.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You know I think I saw a reality show about this girl at some point a couple of years ago when she was trying to get a record deal. I don't remember anything about Billy Ray Syrus but the name sounds really familiar. My parents never took me to see live music when I was young. I didn't see my first concert until I was 14 and a friend's mom took me. If/when I have kids I will definitely make sure they see live music. My time will come to sit through something like Hannah Montana, my time will come. :disgust1:
I was 14 at my first music concert, but my dad was a drama professor and I would go to see shows he directed as early as I can remember. We have taken her to see a few live plays and she has seen things like the Portland Jazz festival, but no rock concerts until she is at least 9.

She asked for tickets to see the concert for Christmas. When I checked the Rose Garden, tickets were $180 EACH for the nose bleed seats. Floor seats were $1200 EACH! I love my daughter, but that's ridiculous.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Jesus titty ****ing christ that's a load of dough. Perhaps my kids won't see live music until they are old enough to get a job. My first concert was 12 bucks. Can Prince/elton john/the stones even pull 1200 bucks a seat?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Jesus titty ****ing christ that's a load of dough. Perhaps my kids won't see live music until they are old enough to get a job. My first concert was 12 bucks. Can Prince/elton john/the stones even pull 1200 bucks a seat?
My first show was $7 at the door and it was 5 bands. She blew away all ticket sales, it was insane. Scalpers and websites made a fortune off the parents of little kids. The chick sitting in front of us at the movie said she had taken all 4 of her daughters to the Rose Garden show.

I told my wife I would pay $50 tops, I was shocked when I saw the price. Kids shows are a racket, though. I remember when Maddie was little my wife looked at tickets for the Wiggles and they were over $100 a pop too.