Quantcast

Hannebrink LT-8

Locosrus

Chimp
Dec 18, 2001
Fran sancisco
hey guys!
I recently bought an Intence Uzzi DH and it came with a Hannebrink LT-8 fork, I'm trying to decide if I should rebuild it, it looks like a pretty nice fork but I've never ridden it, The fork has a couple of issues:

1.- It needs New bushings on one side for sure
2.- The disk adaptor caused a sizable gouge on the fork leg, not too far up from the dropout, the fork can't even compress that far.
3.- It's under sprung
4.- It has an owner who's completely ignorant abot Hannebrink forks
5.- It's freaking blue ano (I hate blue ano)

I called Hannebrink and they said it would rebuild it for about $140.00 US and for $250.00 they would rebuild it and re anodize it black. Is this fork any good? is it worth the trouble? bear in mind that it also uses a 25mm. axle if I swapped forks I would have to rebuild my wheel.

I've never had a DH ride so I don't even know if this fork is a good choice for an Uzzi DH, Is it?.
Thanks for any help you can provide

Oh I got the bike at a really good price so don't even trip (I didn't get suckered):D

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I would remove the fork, dig a large hole.......And bury it. Serious, its not that good of a fork, You would be better off taking the money you would spend to fix it, and put it towards a better fork. You already have a great frame.

Micro-Sanjay

I invented Erbon Assolt
Nov 26, 2001
Tustin- not in OC
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
I would remove the fork, dig a large hole.......And bury it. Serious, its not that good of a fork, You would be better off taking the money you would spend to fix it, and put it towards a better fork. You already have a great frame.
ditto...!!!
but best of luck selling it..

Oct 30, 2001
Fremont
Congrats on the new rig. Unfortunately sinking more money into the fork does not seem the smart move. I sent my unit in to be rebuilt after scoring a used rig complete. Customer service was questionable. I picked up the correct spring rate for my weight and had the blown dampner rebuilt. Although breakdown and cleaning maintenance was easy enough (and should be done monthly) the newly rebuilt cartridge did not seem to offer much adjustability. If you do keep the unit consider having the travel reduced to 6" to match the rear.
I'd have to say scoring a Marzocchi Jr. T or older Super T and using a standard 20mm thru-axle would be best on that rig. My buddy is actually runing a Z1 5" unit on his and loves the setup and weight.

Jan 14, 2002
Zwolle, the Netherlands
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
Ditto!

people that have this fork have to maintain and completely rebuilt it after every ride to keep it in resonable condition.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Ok, here goes...looks like everyone agrees here that the fork is junk. I had the fork and it is crappy so I agree too. Honestly, if the damper works, don't send it in. That' s a lot of cash to drop on a bad fork to make it hardly any better. You can order the bushings and put it back together yourself if you wanted to. It's a simple design and it'll take you 30 seconds to figure it out. As for your springs, try to find out what color they are. I have 2 black ones I can give you. I think the black ones are sorta heavy or one level under the heaviest. If you have trouble rebuilding the fork, just ask us here because a lot of people have owned one before and know how to work with this thing. As for anodizing...from your price quotes, Hanebrink will rebuild your fork and anodize it for $250??? That's $110 alone for anodizing!!! You can get that done at any anodizing facility in your city (you would have to look and ask around for that) and it'll cost a fraction of what Hanebrink wants to charge you. By the way, about a year and a half ago I was considering rebuilding my LT-8 but it had bent upper tubes (not the stanction tubes). They quoted me $40 a tube, which is a relatively high price, but $80 for two new tubes is better than getting old ones re-anodized for $110 by them. I could go on and on about this fork so if you need anything, you can email me at chris9505@hotmail.com.

Later and good luck!
Chris