Quantcast

Happiness is....

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
Happiness is paying $1 to beat the hell out of an old buick with a sledgehammer.
If my only other option is buying a remote, I would have to agree.

J

JRB

johnbryanpeters said:
Looks like a hybrid of a dildo and a shoe insert. Was it designed by SB?
Do you think SB puts shoe inserts up his ass??? :nope:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
WTF? Will it allow you to like, watch even MORE tv? Cause we all need some of that.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
WTF? Will it allow you to like, watch even MORE tv? Cause we all need some of that.
We're talking about N8. On the plus side, if he is watching TV, he is likely not posting. Watch away, N8.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I just got a Harmony 880 remote on a price error from Dell. My final cost: $19.00. For about 15 minutes, their $120.00 off coupon code was working on their already-discounted price, not their retail price. No way in hell I'd pay $200+ for a remote control...

I can't friggin' believe they shipped it. So, yeah, happiness is a newly purchased Harmony 880 that I paid $19.00 for :p

I love the remote, though. Still getting it all set up, but it works very well.

J

JRB

I can't believe that people put thought into a remote, much less talk about it on ridemonkey. As much as I am for stupid sh*t to talk about, I am stumped. We are definitely in need of some shaved junk threads.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
loco said:
I can't believe that people put thought into a remote, much less talk about it on ridemonkey. As much as I am for stupid sh*t to talk about, I am stumped. We are definitely in need of some shaved junk threads.
Dude, given the amount of dumb stuff you post about, I seriously question your right to judge what is and isn't interesting posting material :p

J

JRB

binary visions said:
Dude, given the amount of dumb stuff you post about, I seriously question your right to judge what is and isn't interesting posting material :p
Seriously - it's a remote. I don't get it.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
loco said:
Mine was a Christmas present from my wife to me for her a few years back. At the time, we had one TV and it had all the home theater gear hooked to it, so we had 5 or 6 different remotes. She couldn't figure out how to do anything with the remotes, so she bought me this and the card said, "Dave says it has macros - program them!". Dave is the owner of the local a/v shop (and a buddy of mine) where she bought the remote.

J

JRB

jacksonpt said:
Mine was a Christmas present from my wife to me for her a few years back. At the time, we had one TV and it had all the home theater gear hooked to it, so we had 5 or 6 different remotes. She couldn't figure out how to do anything with the remotes, so she bought me this and the card said, "Dave says it has macros - program them!". Dave is the owner of the local a/v shop (and a buddy of mine) where she bought the remote.
Julie just asks me to open the back to put new batteries in. Except for the one - she asks me to put a new piece of tape on it after she changes the batteries.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
loco said:
Meh. Like I said, I wouldn't have spent big bucks on it but for people who have complex home theaters, it's a pretty good piece of equipment. Can control up to 15 devices, and it runs on macros so you can press a button to "Watch DVD", and it'll turn on your DVD player, receiver and TV, set them all to the correct sources, and do whatever other settings you want then play the movie. It's extremely customizable.

And for me, at such a small price, it just got rid of the 3 remotes I had sitting on the coffee table. Plus, no other universal remote would control the cheap VCR/DVD combo box I have.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...holding on to the hope that phony entertainers (Brittany Spears, Ashlee Simpson, etc.) will eventually: become exposed for what they are OR unable to sell records, OR both.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MMike said:
I just got the ass-kickingest shoelaces..... pics to come!!
:rofl:

did you get anodized aglets?

my surround sound receiver came w/ macro functionality, so programming it as a one in all wasn't hard at all.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
loco said:
It's great for kids/in-laws/baby sitters etc. who can't be expected to always be able to get a home entertainment system to cooperate while manipulating three or more remotes.

If you just have a TV, it doesn't make sense. If you have a multi compnent system, they're great.

For example, to watch a DVD you can simply press one button instead of:

Remote #1. Turn TV on, select Input #3 for DVD
Remote#2. Turn on A/V receiver, select DVD
Remote #3. Turn on DVD player

Our bucket of remotes disappeared a few years ago and nobody misses it.

J

JRB

Echo said:
"It's a bicycle, why would anyone pay $2000 for it?"
It's not the cost. I could care less about that, but to talk about remotes seems whacko. That's all I am saying.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
loco said:
It's not the cost. I could care less about that, but to talk about remotes seems whacko. That's all I am saying.
"It's a bike. What is there to talk about? It's got wheels and pedals."