Happiness is....

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
binary visions said:
"It's a bike. What is there to talk about? It's got wheels and pedals."
Thanks, saved me the trouble :D

Seriously, I've had girlfriends literally laugh at the fact that they heard me having a conversation about what brand of spokes is best.

Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean nobody is allowed to discuss it in your presence.

J

JRB

Echo said:
Thanks, saved me the trouble :D

Seriously, I've had girlfriends literally laugh at the fact that they heard me having a conversation about what brand of spokes is best.

Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean nobody is allowed to discuss it in your presence.
Funny - I think the same thing about speaker phones. See a correlation in your thoughts???

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The 880 has a few nice features, too - built in lithium battery, for one, so no more battery changing. I just drop it on the charging base once a week or so before I go to bed.

It's got some interesting IR commands the stock remotes won't do, either. For instance, it's got direct commands for most of the things you normally have to scroll through or use menus for - picture enhancement, input source selection, etc. It's got a +/- 10 volume control, too for quick volume level jumping.

Besides, most women hate remote controls. If I can eliminate 3 remote controls from the coffee table, she's happy, and I get a new toy to geek it out with. We all win :D

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
binary visions said:
Besides, most women hate remote controls. If I can eliminate 3 remote controls from the coffee table, she's happy, and I get a new toy to geek it out with. We all win :D

MizN8 hated having to used 4 remotes to control the system.

And now I can't see why I waited so long to get one of these... pretty damn cool.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
N8 said:
And now I can't see why I waited so long to get one of these... pretty damn cool.
Yeah. Takes a bit to get it set up completely - mine still isn't all done - but you can literally customize anything on it.

Besides, we've got antimony's frog set up as the wallpaper on it and she loves it :)

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
binary visions said:
Yeah. Takes a bit to get it set up completely - mine still isn't all done - but you can literally customize anything on it.

Besides, we've got antimony's frog set up as the wallpaper on it and she loves it :)

Ah... nice touch!!!

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Happiness is sitting on your back steps on a warm spring evening, watching your 2-1/2 year old daughter run around yelling "FOOBAW! FOOBAW!"

But I guess getting a new tv remote is cool too...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
happiness is not having a tv, not having the bucketful of remotes in the first place, and not having to spend hours of one's life programming a super-remote to rule them all with an iron fist

:D

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Toshi said:
happiness is not having a tv, not having the bucketful of remotes in the first place, and not having to spend hours of one's life programming a super-remote to rule them all with an iron fist

:D
Happiness is having time and coin enough to do it all...

:)

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Toshi said:
having to spend hours of one's life programming a super-remote to rule them all with an iron fist
...which is another cool feature of the Harmony. It takes just a few minutes via a web-based app.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus

Apr 19 - Yoshi Yamada, chairman and CEO of Panasonic Corporation of North America, stands next to a 103 inch high-definition plasma television as he speaks to reporters during a news conference outside the New York Stock Exchange, Tuesday, April 18, 2006. Panasonic unveiled the world's largest high-definition plasma television Tuesday and announced plans to make the super-large screen plasma available to consumers in time for this years Christmas season.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
N8 said:

Apr 19 - Yoshi Yamada, chairman and CEO of Panasonic Corporation of North America, stands next to a 103 inch high-definition plasma television as he speaks to reporters during a news conference outside the New York Stock Exchange, Tuesday, April 18, 2006. Panasonic unveiled the world's largest high-definition plasma television Tuesday and announced plans to make the super-large screen plasma available to consumers in time for this years Christmas season.
You'd think they'd wanna put it on their site...

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
jacksonpt said:
I'm confused... what are you saying? the samsung (and LG for that matter) are 102" - the panasonic is 103.
I read it as he wants to own some asian businessmen in dark suits.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I gots me one of these. It was a whole $14.99 at Best Buy and controls all 5 of my components. It's lasted nearly 2 years now.

<edit> the keys glow in the dark too.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
jimmydean said:
I gots me one of these. It was a whole $14.99 at Best Buy and controls all 5 of my components. It's lasted nearly 2 years now.

<edit> the keys glow in the dark too.

That's cool, but I can push one button and turn the plasma to Input 1, fire up the DirecTV HD receiver and power up my Yamaha AV receiver and set it on Cab/Sat.

I press another single button to watch a dvd and my plasma switched to Input 3, the HD receiver powers off, the AV receiver swtiches to DVD, and the DVD player powers up ready for the movie.

J

JRB

N8 said:
That's cool, but I can push one button and turn the plasma to Input 1, fire up the DirecTV HD receiver and power up my Yamaha AV receiver and set it on Cab/Sat.

I press another single button to watch a dvd and my plasma switched to Input 3, the HD receiver powers off, the AV receiver swtiches to DVD, and the DVD player powers up ready for the movie.

Cool - a remote that can do all of that and you are still an idiot. Nice.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
narlus said:
can that remote put the DVD in the tray? seems to the rate-limiting step, so who cares about saving 2 or 3 keystrokes?
Actually, it will. It'll also go into the kitchen and fix some popcorn. Can't seem to get the damn thing to put the butter on, though - I have a support request in with Logitech and am hoping the next firmware update will fix it.

J

JRB

binary visions said:
Actually, it will. It'll also go into the kitchen and fix some popcorn. Can't seem to get the damn thing to put the butter on, though - I have a support request in with Logitech and am hoping the next firmware update will fix it.
If you'll learn how to man up and pimp slap antimony you can call and cancel your service request. :D

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
binary visions said:
A little drawn out, but nice job toying with the humor thing.

:thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
so the remote can load multiple discs at once? neat.

does it also put 'em in the Netflix return envelope?

that thing's a modern marvel.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
N8 said:

So for $180 more, you push 3 bottons less than I do? Wow, that is a killer deal! If it glows in the dark like mine does, I'll get me one today! :rolleyes: