• mowing your lawn

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • having some other fool mow your lawn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not having a lawn

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • blowing it off and going for a ride

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • having some other fool mow your lawn so you can blow it off and go for a ride

Votes: 17 48.6%

• Total voters

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
binary visions said:
None of the above.

THIS is happiness - still cascading!
That is beer. And beer is food, not happiness.

I'm thinking Heidi's on the right track. But happiness is having your wife mow the lawn while you go riding.

Edit: Now that I think about it, did Heidi just call the Captain a fool? ;)

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I don't so much mind mowing a yard.......

But bark is the absolute crappiest yard decoration I can think of. :D I hate bark.....I would rather pave my yard than bark it. a grassy lawn is ok and outside that some indigenous natural surroundings. I don't even rake....it all goes back into the ground.

Did I say bark sucks? bark--> :nuts: <--me

Oh while I amon the subject of yards and stuff that annoys me/makes me angry......

:mumble: Fences. :eviltongu I hate fences. I grew up with no fences in our neighborhood. Now everyone else has them but our place. I used to be a shrub hedge seperated the properties...now everyone has a freaking fence :mumble: It makes a small world feelthat much smaller when everyone has a freaking 6-7ft tall fence! :mumble: *breath rhino*

Mowing the lawn is OK. Barking sucks. Fence sucks, weeding sucks, big gardens suck,.....:D

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
johnbryanpeters said:
Happiness used in the same sentence, even the same paragraph, as mowing the lawn is not only dangerously close to an oxymoron, it is an affront to human dignity.

Thank you.
You don't have a riding mower with a gimbaled beer holder do you?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
happiness would be watching my wife mow the backyard lawn in a superwoman costume while i enjoy a cold beer.

damn, wish i were married and owned a house...

wooglin said:
You don't have a riding mower with a gimbaled beer holder do you?
No. I have a 21" 3.5 hp people-pushed rusty buzz bomb that drinks thirty weight. It has a cracked deck that I occasionally make ineffectual attempts to weld back together. The beast was old when an antique-dealing friend gave it to me a few years back. I gave it a new set of wheels once, but they're sufficiently worn to cant in at a scary angle. When I let it idle down after using it, it disgorges big lumps of green mower manure.

The upside is that it makes mowing a slow enough process that I can avoid frogs, snakes, spiders, and saplings for the most part.

I also have a four foot self-propelled sickle bar mower for the harder tasks, but I will spare you the discourse on that beast.

J

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
reflux said:
happiness would be watching my wife mow the backyard lawn in a superwoman costume while i enjoy a cold beer.

damn, wish i were married...
Yah. Keep dreaming.....

:D

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
johnbryanpeters said:
No. I have a 21" 3.5 hp people-pushed rusty buzz bomb that drinks thirty weight. It has a cracked deck that I occasionally make ineffectual attempts to weld back together. The beast was old when an antique-dealing friend gave it to me a few years back. I gave it a new set of wheels once, but they're sufficiently worn to cant in at a scary angle. When I let it idle down after using it, it disgorges big lumps of green mower manure.
You're not bitter are you?

I also have a four foot self-propelled sickle bar mower for the harder tasks, but I will spare you the discourse on that beast.
I guess that one doesn't have a gimbaled beer holder either, huh?

:)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
This reminds me - IRBs summer ride times is going to be severly hampered with his new lawn.

My yard is easily the worst of the whole neighborhood, I don't mow it often and I never water, fertilize or do anything that might encourage growth.