Quantcast

Happy 8th Birthday, Alaina!!!!

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
To my Sweet Angel--

Today is your 8th birthday, and 4th that you've spent in Heaven. My heart hurts so much still, and I do my best to be happy about all the time I was able to spend with you.

Remember when you were little, and you couldn't really talk yet? You'd try to ask me for something, and I couldn't understand, so I'd say that you'd have to show me, and you would? So I couldn't understand you, yet you knew exactly what I was saying..... HHmmmm.....

Mommy went back to work when you were about 6 months old, and I finally got to feed you. Wow, to see the trust and love in your eyes. And you'd want to watch Baby Mozart over and over. I never tired of that. We must've watched it 10 times a night. I taught you about "hot" when we'd warm your milk, or get mommy's coffee maker ready for the morning, and you'd say, "mommy's coffee" with me.

You'd want to see a video, maybe Shrek or ???, and after watching me start the vcr, you learned how to do it yourself, and would start the movie when I wasn't watching. I'd ask you how you knew to do that, and you'd say, "you".

It was always special taking you to pre-school library. With the very rare occassions, I was the only dad there. If there was a learning day with a board "game", you'd call me over to help, then send me back to my spot once it was done. Remember the project day, and Alyssa wanted to sit next to you, but I was, and she started crying? I moved over so fast to make it possible for Alyssa to be next to you. Or when you were invited to Terra's costume birthday party? It was hard for me to leave you for that brief couple of hours, but the smile on your face made it all worthwhile.

Teaching you random acts of kindness, or saying "please" and "thank you". Or on the 1-year anniversary of 9-11. We stopped at the church, knelt by the cross that was outside, and we prayed for the kids that lost their mommies and daddies that day. I wonder what people thought as they drove by?

Sharing chocolate milk and donuts, or blueberry bagels or muffiins, or the last sip of my tea. Making you eggs and curly fries with ranch dressing and ketchup for breakfast, and you'd share the last few with me. Listening to Tarzan music, or Sawyer Brown, and dancing together. Going on adventures with Bailey, our dog. Or to Mammoth, and seeing your eyes light up when you saw the statue, and we named him Buddy.

You'd ask for something, and I'd say that it would cost you, and you'd give me a kiss, or if it really would cost you, you'd add a hug. If I said no, you'd give me a pouty face, and I'd melt.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY ANGEL ALAINA. I'LL BE WITH YOU SOON.......

DADDY

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Happy B-Day Alaina.
Good to hear from you again Shawn. How are your rides going?

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Happy Birthday, Kid. Yer dad sure knows how to bring bright, sharp tears to an old soldiers' eyes.

I'll save a good, frosty Canuck teddy bear for ya...