Quantcast

Happy B'day Narlus.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SkaredShtles said:
And the red selection would be................................??

So how old? 40? 45?

-S.S.-
nothing quite that old in my cellar, or that my wallet can afford. got a '99 bottle of br cohn cab, which was pretty good but might have benefitted from either more ageing and/or decanting. shoulda got the cakebread cab instead. the veal chop was delicious, though.

to whoever asked about music or bike-related gifts, none of that but got a couple of kitchen gadgets which makes me happy, and the cake which my wife and kids made was the tastiest cake in the world.

cheers!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
nothing quite that old in my cellar, or that my wallet can afford. got a '99 bottle of br cohn cab, which was pretty good but might have benefitted from either more ageing and/or decanting. shoulda got the cakebread cab instead. the veal chop was delicious, though.

to whoever asked about music or bike-related gifts, none of that but got a couple of kitchen gadgets which makes me happy, and the cake which my wife and kids made was the tastiest cake in the world.

cheers!
mmmm...caaaaakkkkkeeebrrrreeeeaaadd....such a LOVELY winery...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SkaredShtles said:
I was talking about *you* numbnutz, not the wine..... :think: :p

-S.S.-
ha ha! i'm officially 39 years of age now.

DHG i hear you on the cakebread, but it's is too much cake, though. that's the problem. their chards, sav blancs and cabs are great.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
ha ha! i'm officially 39 years of age now.

DHG i hear you on the cakebread, but it's is too much cake, though. that's the problem. their chards, sav blancs and cabs are great.
I think it's too much bread...a bottle of cab at a nice steakhouse here is about a c note. But that doesn't stop me...wine is good for you! Especially GOOD wine! :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:
I think it's too much bread...a bottle of cab at a nice steakhouse here is about a c note. But that doesn't stop me...wine is good for you! Especially GOOD wine! :D
Can't you bahstid in CA take your own wine to a restaurant and just pay a corkage fee? We apparently can't do that here in CO. :mumble:

-S.S.-

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
Can't you bahstid in CA take your own wine to a restaurant and just pay a corkage fee? We apparently can't do that here in CO. :mumble:

-S.S.-

Yes...we can...but with all our high paying jobs, we don't need to do that...we can just pay double for the bottle...hahahah! JK...yeah you can bring your own wine, but corking fees run about 25 bones.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
It's nearly as bad to charge $25 for corkage. Jeezus. That's highway robbery. Corkage shouldn't be more than $10 IMNSHO.

-S.S.-

Some places will waive the corkage fee if you come on a certain night...usually a Monday or Tuesday...which is fine cuz who wants to hang out with all those wankers on a weekend hoping to nose in on a table someone blew off.